• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

rozay

Banned
I wanted a Drell Adept so bad and I got one in my recruit pack!---he's horrible. I really don't like it. What's up with the grenades? He's twirling way too much---just not for me.
image.php

The easiest way to deal with pyros in my experience is to wait behind cover in the path they're walking then do a melee grab. That or keep overloading/draining/incinerating them because they'll stop moving forward.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The last two days have been pretty good to me - yesterday I got the Krogan Soldier and Quarian Enginner in one of those Special Veteran Packs, got a Level 2 Geth Plasma Shotgun, and the Geth Plasma Rifle, and today I got the Revenant, Widow 2, FINALLY got the blade attachment for the shotgun, and finally got the Phalanx since I don't really like the Arc Pistol so much.

All I need is the Salarian Infiltrator for the characters, which is funny since I'm dying to use him as a Cloak > Energy Drain > Geth Plasma Shotgun Infiltrator.

Kinda waiting on the Claymore & the Carnifex/Paladin, but I have such good alternatives already for both that I don't even miss them.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I haven't used shotgun since switching to heavy pistol in demo so of course I have claymore X, spike thrower X, and plasma shotgun VIII, while my carnifex is sitting at VII.

Kyoufu

I haven't used shotgun since switching to heavy pistol in demo so of course I have claymore X, spike thrower X, and plasma shotgun VIII, while my carnifex is sitting at VII.

I don't even know how you have those at those levels. My Widow is III and Carnifex is II. I keep getting characters uuuuuuuugh. :(

Korosenai

Questions about my Drell Adept.

For Reave, should I do "increase effectiveness against armor and barriers by 75%" or "increase damage by 30%, increase duration by 30%, increase damage protection by 15%"?

And for Pull, should I do "inflict 22 damage per second to lifted targets" or "increase all damage to targets lifted by pull by 25%"?

Thanks.

Alucrid

Banned

For Reave, should I do "increase effectiveness against armor and barriers by 75%" or "increase damage by 30%, increase duration by 30%, increase damage protection by 15%"?

And for Pull, should I do "inflict 22 damage per second to lifted targets" or "increase all damage to targets lifted by pull by 25%"?

Thanks.

I went with the latter options on both.

X-Frame

Just played the 3 easiest Gold matches against the Geth on Firebase White.

I joined a group of 3 guys with my Salarian Engineer and we just camped the back of the base the whole time, except for objectives, and it was too easy.

Here is a video showing what we did tonight. Firebase White Strategy against Geth

Not my video, just found it.

Thanks.

Reave: Go for damage/duration. You can't detonate Pull with Reave on armored targets so the extra armor damage won't help. Straight up damage will help you detonate anything with health, and will whittle shields down faster.

Pull: you want Expose since it will make your Reave detonations stronger.

milkham

I joined a group of 3 guys with my Salarian Engineer and we just camped the back of the base the whole time, except for objectives, and it was too easy.

Here is a video showing what we did tonight. Firebase White Strategy against Geth

was it down stairs in the back and got a guy behind the bar just melee grabbing them? i love that sound

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I find the other strategy - locking down the stairs - to be better actually, because it's impossible to get overrun.

eek5

Anything specific you usually search for?

Razgriz recommended Firebase Dagger as a good map for gold and I'd agree with him, though I'm all ears for more gold tips as I haven't played them often. Still don't feel I have strong or leveled enough weapons for it.

Dagger is good if you're sniping. You can hold the round building with 2 people sniping and one in the back with the ammo box and one on the right watching the side of the round building. It has long sight lines that help a lot.

Giant is easy too if you hold the far right top building. Again, it's good for sniping and I've found it works well for Cerberus since you can snipe out phantoms before they get to you. If people have mics you can coordinate running away; the map is large so you can switch positions if you're in danger.

White is the easiest vs geth. This is the map that's really good for decoy. Generally you want at least 1 infiltrator for objectives. It's a tiny map so they can cloak and grab the 4x objectives easily. Salarian Engineer is almost a must vs geth since it works the best for CC on the small chokes. As long as you have one SE you can almost run any other classes that deal a ton of damage.

White is also the easiest with randoms. There are two main strategies I've run into. The one X-Frame posted above is pretty fool-proof as long as you can get everyone downstairs. The other one you'll have to look out for is 2 people holding the top area by the ladder and 2 people downstairs in the 2nd doorway holding that choke. Just roll with whatever your team is doing or if you're feeling confident, convince them to go downstairs.

I find the other strategy - locking down the stairs - to be better actually, because it's impossible to get overrun.

It's pretty rare to get overrun but that usually only happens when your Salarian Engineer isn't doing his job. The only problems I've run into in that area is when there are 3 geth primes in the room with you but at that point someone should just use missiles and save some time. The other strategy is good but it requires the people at the top of the ladder to be competent which is risky with randoms.

Kenaras

Both are good, but I went with the latter option. For most powers I go for increased effectiveness against protection, but Reave's other option just has so many perks rolled into one.

Neither, unless you're just looking to play bronze. Gold and later waves of silver are about pairing up with another biotic player to combo Reave with Warp, Throw, Biotic Charge, or Nova, or comboing Reave with Cluster Grenades. Many popular Drell Adept builds skip Pull entirely, but I think that's overkill.

I wouldn't recommend evolving Pull past rank 3 or 4. The weaker biotic explosions is almost irrelevant; the only time you care about having big explosions is when dealing with protected targets. Against unprotected targets, a rank 6 + rank 6 explosion is overkill; Pull 4 + Reave 6 deals plenty of damage.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's pretty rare to get overrun but that usually only happens when your Salarian Engineer isn't doing his job. The only problems I've run into in that area is when there are 3 geth primes in the room with you but at that point someone should just use missiles and save some time. The other strategy is good but it requires the people at the top of the ladder to be competent which is risky with randoms.
The problem is when you get two Primes walking toward you. If you don't take them out fast, you're kind of fucked. But yeah, it all depends on skill.

Does singularity remain as good as it does in SP/
For the most part. It's crucial for the biotic explosions anyway.

Edgeward

Does singularity remain as good as it does in SP/

Only on lower waves, on silver and up you will find it hard to take down enemies by yourself and getting explosions. Easier to spec out using warp and shockwave and just get Sing to only lvl 3.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Can I be added to the OP? My Origin ID is Divzy

Why can't I seem to get any sniper rifle or pistol mods? I just have the ammo mod for the rifle and I've played a billion games already. I haven't gotten any decent infiltrator stuff, but have gotten so much other stuff for other classes. I rolled a sentinel just to take advantage of the geth rifle and shotguns I had.

Croc

Banned
I got an upgrade to both the Pistol High-Caliber Barrel and the Phalanx in my last Premium Vet pack and I could actually notice the damage increase in the next match.

Can't wait to see what these can do fully upgraded (They're only level 3 each :lol)

I'm sure by the time they're fully upgraded or I get the Carnifex and upgrade it a bit, Silver will be a cinch.

Had a terrible night in multiplayer.

So many AFKs. I think I ran into more AFKers than actual players.

In 3 hours of pure silver challenges, only one reached extraction. The word about Drell/Asari adepts being overpowered must of reached the majority of the player base by now, every team had at least 2 of the squishy bastards.

X-Frame

I'm pretty sure Armor Boost on my Salarian Engineer is bugged.

Before I promoted my Engineer class, I had it on the character as well and when I used it and drained shields or Geth, my body would glow blue for 10 seconds like the Krogan's Fortification ability.

Now, nothing happens. How would I know if it is bugged or not?

eek5

Had a terrible night in multiplayer.

So many AFKs. I think I ran into more AFKers than actual players.

In 3 hours of pure silver challenges, only one reached extraction. The word about Drell/Asari adepts being overpowered must of reached the majority of the player base by now, every team had at least 2 of the squishy bastards.

What platform are you playing on? I haven't run into any AFKers on 360 yet

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dear Asari Adept on Gold: I'm sorry myself and the rest of the team were unable to keep the same standard of gameplay as yourself, but we are very thankful you were able to hold your own for so long. May we meet again.

I gotta say, the medigel upgrade is pretty deceptive. It seems like a good idea, but it makes me waaay too reckless with medigel use. I kinda like just having the two. Makes me play a bit safer.

I gotta say, the medigel upgrade is pretty deceptive. It seems like a good idea, but it makes me waaay too reckless with medigel use. I kinda like just having the two. Makes me play a bit safer.

I got an upgrade for it the other day. Unfortunately I haven't had any to use for the past 10 games or so.

Yay for random loot.

Still, 5 Cobra Missiles per game (with about 50 in reserve) is good.

GorillaJu

All of the adept races are quite good I've noticed. I got matched up with a very good human adept who impressed me with his skill.

I seem to have poor luck with Sentinel and Infiltrator teammates, and of course most Vanguards you run across are mouth breathers.

Im up to 5 ammo refills and 5 of those survival packs (which admittedly are sometimes useful), but still no medigel/rocket upgrades. Why are you doing this to me Bioware!?

They go up to 5 though, right, not to 10? Because im starting to max out a lot of the basic weapons and mods, so hopefully ill get the good stuff more often that way.

Alucrid

Banned
Can you get characters in packs even if you've unlocked all the appearance options? I swear I've gotten one or two Quarian Infiltrators now despite having unlocked the skin option a long time ago.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Might play a bit more tonight with my human infiltrator and get some N7 Crusader practice. The thing is super accurate and packs a good wallop but you have to be really disciplined with it, otherwise you'll miss Phantoms and Nemeses while wasting your ammo.

I'm trying to train myself to cloak, park myself at a close-ish range and line up a headshot while they're stationary. The Crusader's really like a Carnifex or Paladin in some respects, it's the ME1 Spectre shotgun I've been really wanting. And to think, I wanted to exclusively play as the alien classes!

LosDaddie

Banned
I think Human Engineer is my favorite class yet. (I've played Salarian INfiltrator and HUman Vanguard). I had to re-spec him because I wasn't using drone that much, and enjoyed incinerate much more (love the homing!), but it was worth it. My Engineer is a beast with Overload and Incinerate tearing through enemies.

I do need to get my shields & health up, though. Both were dropping too fast last night.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Asari Vanguard is godlike.

Stasis Bubble spam, lift grenade, Stasis Bubble spam, Charge, Melee x Melee x Melee, dash cancel, HYPER COMBO FINISH

Cheech

I think Human Engineer is my favorite class yet. (I've played Salarian INfiltrator and HUman Vanguard). I had to re-spec him because I wasn't using drone that much, and enjoyed incinerate much more (love the homing!), but it was worth it. My Engineer is a beast with Overload and Incinerate tearing through enemies.

I do need to get my shields & health up, though. Both were dropping too fast last night.

The thing I like about the drones is they work as mini-tanks. They're not as good as the Salarian decoy, but still pretty damn good.

Krogan solider is godlike.

Melee x Melee x Melee x MELEE x MELEE x MELEE x MELEE x MELEE....

Krogan sentinel is even stronger. I'm pretty sure you get more damage reduction and even more melee power if you spec Tech Armor for it.

Edit: Actually I think you might be able to spec Fortification to boost your melee damage above this, but that means constantly triggering the cooldown. Sentinel can use powerful weapons and ignore the cooldown completely.

Kyoufu

Asari Vanguard is godlike.

Stasis Bubble spam, lift grenade, Stasis Bubble spam, Charge, Melee x Melee x Melee, dash cancel, HYPER COMBO FINISH

lol

What is survivability like on the Adept Vanguard? If you charge into a pack you're pretty much dead right?

Krogan sentinel is even stronger. I'm pretty sure you get more damage reduction and even more melee power if you spec Tech Armor for it.

Edit: Actually I think you might be able to spec Fortification to boost your melee damage above this, but that means constantly triggering the cooldown. Sentinel can use powerful weapons and ignore the cooldown completely.

Yeah, I actually don't use Fortification because it slows down your power usage (and I spam Carnage A LOT) and I find that my melee is already strong enough (especially during rage mode) that I can practically one-hit kill almost any normal enemy. Granted, I mainly play on Silver. Still, on Gold, it'd be practically pointless to charge anything above the normal enemies (unless they're on the verge of death, of course!).

Can't wait to build my Krogan Sentinel back up and put all his points into Tech Armor like you're talking about. He's gonna be a melee machine!

LosDaddie

Banned
The thing I like about the drones is they work as mini-tanks. They're not as good as the Salarian decoy, but still pretty damn good.

I'll probably get drone up to level 3 before I'm done. It's just that I was using incinerate far more than drone, so I re-speced to get it up to a higher level. Now my Engineer is constantly hurling fireballs and overloads at enemies. :lol It's great.

Shame about the Engineer being weak. My shield go down with the quickness. :(

LosDaddie

Banned
Yeah, I actually don't use Fortification because it slows down your power usage (and I spam Carnage A LOT) and I find that my melee is already strong enough (especially during rage mode) that I can practically one-hit kill almost any normal enemy. Granted, I mainly play on Silver. Still, on Gold, it'd be practically pointless to charge anything above the normal enemies (unless they're on the verge of death, of course!).

Can't wait to build my Krogan Sentinel back up and put all his points into Tech Armor like you're talking about. He's gonna be a melee machine!

How do you recommend spec-ing the Krogan Sentinel? That's the class I'm playing next.

I love my Drell Adept, but it certainly feels like he has the least survivability of any class.

No, random idiot on Silver, I will not run into the thick of the enemy and revive you. I will do my best to clear them out around you, but I will not put my squishy lizard ass on the line for you.

Top Bottom