• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Omega |OT| Fuck with Aria [Out now]

Jarmel

Banned
I might jump back on board for the DLC. I'm also curious about the quality that Montreal is going to be pumping out.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dev dudebro on the BSN has confirmed that for the next DLC (probably the rumoured/leaked "Citadel" DLC) almost the entire Edmonton writing staff is involved in some capacity, including Patrick Weekes, John Dombrow, and our all time favourite Mac Walters.

Dev dudebro on the BSN has confirmed that for the next DLC (probably the rumoured/leaked "Citadel" DLC) almost the entire Edmonton writing staff is involved in some capacity, including Patrick Weekes, John Dombrow, and our all time favourite Mac Walters.

If everyone is in..... hints to next mass effects trilogies?

Necrovex

What's special about that particular team?

$15 ?

shepard-waaaat2ykr0.gif

Lime

I stil haven't touched any of the paid DLC of ME3 (for known reasons), but I might pick all of them up at a sale later on. How often does Origin sales for Mass Effect happen? I know that there was a Xbox sale, but don't know if there have been *any* PC sales.

It's the team making the next Mass Effect game. It will be interesting to see how they handle the DLC.

Incorrect. Edmonton are the original ME developers - these are the same writers/team responsible for parts of ME1, 2, and most of 3.

Moaradin

Incorrect. Edmonton are the original ME developers - these are the same writers/team responsible for parts of ME1, 2, and most of 3.

My bad. I got it confused with Montreal. They are involved with Omega though, correct? I'm definitely interested in seeing how they handle this.

USIGSJ

I stil haven't touched any of the paid DLC of ME3 (for known reasons), but I might pick all of them up at a sale later on. How often does Origin sales for Mass Effect happen? I know that there was a Xbox sale, but don't know if there have been *any* PC sales.

ME games are 50% off on Origin now, but DLC prices are the same so I unless they eventually release some Ultimate edition I don't see that happening.

Omega

Banned

this shit better be free or I'm not touching this with a 9 lightyear long pole.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Not like this...
shepard-waaaat2ykr0.gif

Lime

I apologize if it's off topic, but apparently some fans fixed the ending with a mod. Too happy whatever, but at least the Starkid is out of the picture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQEofXDuxAQ&feature=plcp

What does it do?
- It removes the catalyst scene. No ifs, not buts. It's gone for good. (So is your choice, you will now destroy the reapers no matter what)
- It introduces a whole new scene showing how Joker disobeys orders and keeps the Normandy in the fight long enough for Shepard to be rescued (with the help of a certain Alliance captain :))
- The Normandy no longer crash-lands on the Weirdo Planet
- The Geth and EDI survive. EDI is now present during the memorial and you can add new slides to the epilogue that will show the geth, if they are alive. All credit and thanks for the slides goes to areyouareaper!
- You will see your Shepard reunited with his crew (and even some interaction unique to your LI if the LI is part of the Normandy crew). While they don't exactly have a party, now it is a real bitter-sweet ending with the emphasis on "sweet" rather than on "bitter"
- The musical score is changed quite extensively, including the credits song
- Since v0.2, Harbinger will say a few lines during the beam run

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/368/index/14795358

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can fuck Aria? I thought she wasn't to be fucked?! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My bad. I got it confused with Montreal. They are involved with Omega though, correct? I'm definitely interested in seeing how they handle this.

Edmonton is the main BioWare studio that helmed more or less everything BioWare has done since forever, with the exception of dedicated studios working on other projects (like The Old Republic). Montreal was founded sometime during the development of Mass Effect 2 (or shortly before) to aid in asset production (they started with the cinematics) with the goal of slowly building them into a self sufficient studios. They've primarily worked on side missions and DLC content so far, as well as the Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer. Omega is basically them taking control of a complete project and seeing how it goes (they also did Arrival, which was terrible, but they didn't have the staff they have today). Montreal will be directing Mass Effect 4.

I writers on the next DLC I guess is a little unusual as it's basically everyone involved in the series, which should mean it's pretty substantial.

An-Det

For new reaper enemies I know we'll see that teleporting one they always talked about, but are there others? Same for Cerberus, is the Dragoon the only new one added to single player or was that and the geth bomber already in there somewhere since they were added to multi?

EatChildren

Do you get to use the new squaddies for the whole game after completing the DLC or are they just for that mission?

Just for Omega, unfortunately. Both Aria and Nyreen are forced as squadmates for the Omega story arc.

The title and OP are brilliant.
I apologize if it's off topic, but apparently some fans fixed the ending with a mod. Too happy whatever, but at least the Starkid is out of the picture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQEofXDuxAQ&feature=plcp

That seems really well done but for most people the damage is already done. I would like to see the reactions of someone who never finished the game to that modded ending though.

Patryn

Oh god. I can feel it... just under the skin.

The box! The box! It is whispering to me.... calling out for me...

But it's not time. NOT YET. But soon.... yes, soon...

Soon the games will come out of the box and the tragedy will repeat itself... soon I will once again cry out in anguish...

This is but the first step on that damned road...

And by 3-4 hours they mean 1-2, of course. Also: Let us not forget that Montreal did Arrival. Hopefully this is a step up.

A bit too happy, and I wish there was still some choice in there, but I can certainly why there's not. Still though, it's better than what we got. If I had the ME series on PC (and a computer capable of running them), I'd get this. I've been feeling a need to replay the entire series. But every time I'm about to start I think about the ending and decide against it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Serious question. Will this and Leviathan help me get enough war assets for the achievement that requires having a massive amount at the endgame if I don't feel like playing MP to raise past 50%?

I've done damn near everything in the vanilla game, but never pushed to the ending because I didn't feel like screwing with MP after I have had my fill to keep my percentage up. Kinda unsure how much is enough with the 50% value.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Serious question. Will this and Leviathan help me get enough war assets for the achievement that requires having a massive amount at the endgame if I don't feel like playing MP to raise past 50%?

I've done damn near everything in the vanilla game, but never pushed to the ending because I didn't feel like screwing with MP after I have had my fill to keep my percentage up. Kinda unsure how much is enough with the 50% value.

Hopefully, you wont buy these 2 DLCs mainly for an achievement. :lol

kurahador

They already lowered the war asset count requirement in the update patch.

If you did all the sidequests, you're good. I think....

EDIT
wait...i thought you were talking about the ending. nvm.

Top Bottom