• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Omega |OT| Fuck with Aria [Out now]

PBalfredo

The only reason I haven't jumped on Leviathan and can't day-one this is my current 360 HDD is completely stuffed. Between all the DLC for Mass Effect 1,2, the should-of-been-on-the-disk teamate in 3, the new ending and the eleventeen multiplayer expansions, I just got no room left on my little 20gb hard drive. What ways are there of extending the 360's hard drive? Am I stuck with only being able to buy official Xbox drives? Are there ways to normal commercial drives?

Necrovex

I apologize if it's off topic, but apparently some fans fixed the ending with a mod. Too happy whatever, but at least the Starkid is out of the picture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQEofXDuxAQ&feature=plcp

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/368/index/14795358

This is so much fucking better than Bioware's ending. Now, I can play Mass Effect again without vomiting at the ending. The mod makes the ending now, "acceptable."

I really appreciate your posting of this video.

Whompa

That "happy ending mod" was pretty awesome. I love the series, but I am still kind of confused at why the 100% competition ending wasn't reflective of the players actions and still a choice of 3 endings (now 4) that were kind of inconclusive (including the extended version).

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The only reason I haven't jumped on Leviathan and can't day-one this is my current 360 HDD is completely stuffed. Between all the DLC for Mass Effect 1,2, the should-of-been-on-the-disk teamate in 3, the new ending and the eleventeen multiplayer expansions, I just got no room left on my little 20gb hard drive. What ways are there of extending the 360's hard drive? Am I stuck with only being able to buy official Xbox drives? Are there ways to normal commercial drives?

Had this issue recently and ended up just buying a new 250gb slim 360 model(lots of great deals lately for the holidays with bonus game pack-ins). Once I transferred my stuff over I sold my older 360 on Ebay for a decent amount of cash to help make up the difference. All the trouble I found worth it as I love having more HDD space and the slim 360 is actually a nice upgrade. Super quiet for one.

iPbytbqLO67nR.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
What is up with Bioware games and the joke OTs? Is this some sort of running gag?

Evilore's joke OP about DA2 kinda pissed me off when I first saw it. Looking back, the game deserved so much worse. I liked ME3 despite the ending but yeah, Bioware deserves some ridicule.

Just a couple of days away already, how time flies.

I'm ready to go back to ME3, didn't play since I ended Leviathan up, needed a break. I have confidence this will be pretty good too so bring it on.

PBalfredo

Had this issue recently and ended up just buying a new 250gb slim 360 model(lots of great deals lately for the holidays with bonus game pack-ins). Once I transferred my stuff over I sold my older 360 on Ebay for a decent amount of cash to help make up the difference. All the trouble I found worth it as I love having more HDD space and the slim 360 is actually a nice upgrade. Super quiet for one.

Any other, less drastic methods?

Forsythia

I really don't get why people freak out over Aria/Omega so much. Omega for me is a symbol of everything that went wrong with this franchise.

I still love the franchise, and I'll get this DLC day one, but I'd rather have a setting that would remind me of ME1.

Amazing OP btw! :)

kirblar

That "happy ending mod" was pretty awesome. I love the series, but I am still kind of confused at why the 100% competition ending wasn't reflective of the players actions and still a choice of 3 endings (now 4) that were kind of inconclusive (including the extended version).
The biggest mistake they made was thinking that players wanted "choice" in the ending.

Quite the opposite- players wanted to be forced to live with the consequences of all that had come before.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dev dudebro on the BSN has confirmed that for the next DLC (probably the rumoured/leaked "Citadel" DLC) almost the entire Edmonton writing staff is involved in some capacity, including Patrick Weekes, John Dombrow, and our all time favourite Mac Walters.

So a few sections and characters will be interesting but the overall plot will suck. Sounds like ME.

Tzeentch

-- I skipped Leviathan because of the price/play time ratio. I suspect I'll be skipping this one too ($15? That's more than the base game with most sales now), especially as the squadmates are just temporary. Hopefully there will be a DLC sale at some point :/

They already lowered the war asset count requirement in the update patch.

If you did all the sidequests, you're good. I think....

EDIT
wait...i thought you were talking about the ending. nvm.

The threshold for the best ending is like 3100. It is ridiculously easy to get this by the end of the game, even at 50%.

And this is bought. Really enjoyed Leviathan and still enjoying the kick-ass multiplayer.

Dev dudebro on the BSN has confirmed that for the next DLC (probably the rumoured/leaked "Citadel" DLC) almost the entire Edmonton writing staff is involved in some capacity, including Patrick Weekes, John Dombrow, and our all time favourite Mac Walters.

Mac the Hack still works at Bioware after the turd that was ME3?

Tzeentch

-- If this came bundled with multiplayer stuff I would be on it like white on rice. I recently got back into it, and it's turned into the redeeming feature of the entire game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
-- If this came bundled with multiplayer stuff I would be on it like white on rice. I recently got back into it, and it's turned into the redeeming feature of the entire game.

The MP stuff is all free though. Why would you want to pay for it?

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't think I'd be buying any Mass Effect 3 DLC but Aria was my favorite side character so I guess I must...!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I'll wait for others to play it this time. If they offer some choice then I might get it because I loved Omega. Well, I might get anyway lol.

Tzeentch

The MP stuff is all free though. Why would you want to pay for it?
-- ? I mean if it had like new skins and stuff it would be great. The current MP model of all the important content being free and random loot is fine by me. Hopefully the DLC means that there will be an Omega themed MP expansion as well.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
We'll stop making garbage OTs when they stop making garbage games.
Garbage? All aboard the over exaggeration boat.

The ending(s) sucked ass, but ME3 is far, far from being garbage. Still the best sci-fi video game universe along with Halo.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Trailer or more less confirmed for tomorrow.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Really wish this had come out before I beat it.

Hard to get back into a universe after the dev put a bullet in it and threw it in a fucking septic tank to drown in poo.

Bladenic

I really don't get why people freak out over Aria/Omega so much. Omega for me is a symbol of everything that went wrong with this franchise.

I still love the franchise, and I'll get this DLC day one, but I'd rather have a setting that would remind me of ME1.

Amazing OP btw! :)

How is one location a symbol of everything that went to wrong with the franchise?

Lol

Sojgat

I'll wait for all the DLC to drop before getting this (and maybe a sale). Playing through ME2 with all it's story DLC was one of the best gaming experiences I've had this gen. I hope this stuff is of the same quality, I hear Leviathan was pretty good.

Top Bottom