• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Omega |OT| Fuck with Aria [Out now]

CSX

if Aria is only a squadmate for the DLC , then at best you are looking at a one night stand you Aria lovers :p

But man 15 bucks? Youtube it is then

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
if Aria is only a squadmate for the DLC , then at best you are looking at a one night stand you Aria lovers :p

I didn't expect anything more. As long as they show some Aria flesh, then mytissuesareready.jpg

REV 09

EA/Bioware need to start discounting the price of their dlc on PC. I don't think any bioware dlc has ever had a sale...in addition, you have to use bullshit "bioware" points to even buy dlc on pc. really wish this wasn't the case.

Patryn

EA/Bioware need to start discounting the price of their dlc on PC. I don't think any bioware dlc has ever had a sale...in addition, you have to use bullshit "bioware" points to even buy dlc on pc. really wish this wasn't the case.

Leviathan was on sale for 400 points three days ago.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I don't see the problem with Bioware points, ME DLCs are usually sold for the same price as buying a pack of 800 or 1200 Bioware points or whatever the price is.

Patryn

Seriously? Fuck me, that would happen when I have limited internet. I'm interested in the ME3 DLCs, but not really at full price.

Yeah, Black Friday sale on XBL. They did a nice job hiding it. I would have missed it too, except someone else mentioned it in another GAF thread.

Damn, if I saw that modder's ending three days back, I probably would have picked up Leviathan. Oh well, another sale will eventually come along.

It was an XBL sale, so I'm not sure if the PC version also was on sale, if that makes you feel any better.

GSR

Yeah, Black Friday sale on XBL. They did a nice job hiding it. I would have missed it too, except someone else mentioned it in another GAF thread.

It was an XBL sale, so I'm not sure if the PC version also was on sale, if that makes you feel any better.

Oh, it was XBL? Never mind then, I'm on PC, and Bioware hasn't matched XBL sales in the past for their PC stuff.

netBuff

I don't see the problem with Bioware points, ME DLCs are usually sold for the same price as buying a pack of 800 or 1200 Bioware points or whatever the price is.

Points are designed to be consumer unfriendly: Bioware Points are only sold in 800 and 1600 point increments in order to tease people into buying additional DLC to "even out" their balance.

Bisnic

Points are designed to be consumer unfriendly: Bioware Points are only sold in 800 and 1600 point increments in order to tease people into buying additional DLC to "even out" their balance.

What? I bought every ME2 and ME3 DLCS with Bioware points, and i never had leftover points after buying a DLC.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Trophies are up on PSN. There's no major spoilers, but I'll spoiler anyway.

Savior - Free Omega from Cerberus occupation.
Talon - Find the Talon leader.
Meticulous - Complete all the Command Center side-missions on Omega.

Melchiah

3 to 5 hours? 15 bucks?

BioWare, you simply must be joking.

Wouldn't have wanted anyway, after the way ME3 turned out. But come on, son.

The average retail game is perhaps somewhere around 8-12 hours, and costs 60€/$. That's 15€/$ for 2-3 hours. Not to mention, that downloadable games (like Journey and The Unfinished Swan) tend to be priced pretty much the same way. I don't think the value and quality of entertainment should be judged only by the amount of time it lasts. At least that's the way I see it, and I don't personally understand all this complaining.

EDIT:
Trophies are up on PSN. There's no major spoilers, but I'll spoiler anyway.

Savior - Free Omega from Cerberus occupation.
Talon - Find the Talon leader.
Meticulous - Complete all the Command Center side-missions on Omega.

I noticed they appeared on my trophy list earlier this week.

netBuff

What? I bought every ME2 and ME3 DLCS with Bioware points, and i never had leftover points after buying a DLC.

There seem to be only 800 and 1600 Bioware Gummibear increments available for purchase - are they also sold outside of Origin? I don't see how I could buy this DLC on PC without having any Krazymoney left over.

This DLC is going to cost 1200 Points, I don't see how you'll buy it without paying for too many Bioware Funbucks.

Bisnic

There seem to be only 800 and 1600 Bioware Gummibear increments available for purchase - are they also sold outside of Origin? I don't see how I could buy this DLC on PC without having any Krazymoney left over.

This DLC is going to cost 1200 Points, I don't see how you'll buy it without paying for too many Bioware Funbucks.

I just checked Origin, and i could buy 400-800-1200-1600 points after checking ME3 DLCs.

Only those worthless appearance and weapon packs are not sold at one of these prices.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Anddd I will prob get this..something about ME just lures me in...Why must the ending be that way :'(
Because the universe is awesome and it's better than 99% of the space operas out there. It's like Star Control II on steroids. It has a great cast. But that ending..... that.... ending. Will never shake that. Foot, meet gun.

The average retail game is perhaps somewhere around 8-12 hours, and costs 60€/$. That's 15€/$ for 2-3 hours. Not to mention, that downloadable games (like Journey and The Unfinished Swan) tend to be priced pretty much the same way. I don't think the value and quality of entertainment should be judged only by the amount of time it lasts. At least that's the way I see it, and I don't personally understand all this complaining.

BioWare used to not make the average retail game. Alas, their DLC has historically been overpriced when compared to their own "average" game, so this one isn't much of a surprise. Personally, I think 600 points/$7.50 is more in line with the content-to-price ratio. But then you have to factor in Mass Effect 3's atrociousness and discount that further to around 5 bucks.

Melchiah

BioWare used to not make the average retail game. Alas, their DLC has historically been overpriced when compared to their own "average" game, so this one isn't much of a surprise. Personally, I think 600 points/$7.50 is more in line with the content-to-price ratio. But then you have to factor in Mass Effect 3's atrociousness and discount that further to around 5 bucks.

Still, the common price/hour ratio remains the same, and I certainly didn't think Leviathan was overpriced.

And apart from the ending ME3 wasn't atrocious, far from it.

Still, the common price/hour ratio remains the same, and I certainly didn't think Leviathan was overpriced.

And apart from the ending ME3 wasn't atrocious, far from it.

Isn't the ending enough? But absent that, it was still rather disappointing that they continued to remove its RPG elements.

Melchiah

Isn't the ending enough? But absent that, it was still rather disappointing that they continued to remove its RPG elements.

While the last 15 minutes were awful, they don't retroactively make the prior +50 hours I enjoyed bad. Gameplay-wise, I found ME2 and 3 far more enjoyable than the first, which had clunky combat and too complicated item management. It was also a good thing they removed the tiresome Mako missions.

K' Dash

Man, I remember when I looked forward to ME DLC, after that ending I just do not feel compelled to buy anything, I mean, 3 is a great game until THAT part, it's incredible how the last half hour of the last game can sour the whole saga for me :(

While the last 15 minutes were awful, they don't retroactively make the prior +50 hours I enjoyed bad. Gameplay-wise, I found ME2 and 3 far more enjoyable than the first, which had clunky combat and too complicated item management. It was also a good thing they removed the tiresome Mako missions.

I didn't like the Mako all that much either. But conversations were nice. Quests and things. An actual levelling system.

And now back to the hours. 60 bucks for 30-50 hours, depending upon your playing style. $15 for 3-5? And if history is any indication, closer to 3? And you wonder why I laugh at that value proposition? Mass Effect isn't the average game. There are expectations about content. At least there are for me. If you do not have those same expectations ("feelings of entitlement"), then so be it.

DTKT

We had several threads about this, but ME3 had the best but also the worst moments in all the ME3 games. It was a roller-coaster of "what is this, why did they do that it doesn't even make sense get me out of here" to "Oh my god, they actually get it, this is amazing, goty". I just think of the good parts : Rannoch, the Quarian/Geth conflict, Tutchanka, Javik and his perspective as a dead civilization versus the really bad parts : the intro sequence, the terrible side-quests, the lack of a really big hub and the ending.

That's probably why I feel so conflicted about ME3.

"...and I finally got that stick out my ass. Until someone put another one back in. I'm still calibrating that one."

Up yours, Garrus. Up yours.

kermit-bale-nod.gif

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Is this the last piece of story DLC we are getting for ME3?

I want to do my insanity run but I wan't to do everything on that run. Everything.

spekkeh

Banned
Haven't touched ME3 after finishing it, but between the Extended Cut, Leviathan and this, I might play through it again...

Or restrain myself a little longer and wait for the next DLC.... decisions decisions

I apologize if it's off topic, but apparently some fans fixed the ending with a mod. Too happy whatever, but at least the Starkid is out of the picture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQEofXDuxAQ&feature=plcp

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/368/index/14795358

So I enter the thread to see EatChildren's amazing OT, and it deliver. I read a few posts and find this. What an awesome thing to wake up on Monday. Downloading it now. Maybe I even buy the new DLC's!

Arjen

Oh god, what an amazing OP.
I almost can't believe it, but i i i i'm going to skip this, i got every piece of DLC in the past, but i really, really dont care about Omega pre-ending.

So, I bought the Leviathan DLC on Black Friday. How do I access it?

Is it a separate thing like Sleeping Dogs DLC or do I have to load a save prior to the ending?

Also, will Omehga be like this too?

Woorloog

Banned

Is it a separate thing like Sleeping Dogs DLC or do I have to load a save prior to the ending?

Also, will Omehga be like this too
?

This. Yes. The game itself tells this when you finish it...

EDIT i'll probably get Omega. When i can i get it for half price or so. Leviathan and other SP DLC too (missed Leviathan as i didn't have MSP). I'll do everything on one go, then i come here and bitch about the ending and how Bioware ruined their own franchise.

EDIT, duh, Citadel DLC after Omega? How fucking long does it take before i can play ME3 once more and then never again bother with it?
BTW. I'd pay for canonical DLC that truly fixes the ending. It doesn't even require much, just make War Assets truly important, and make the amount of those along with moral choices to determine the ending you get. No more shit like the ending is. Extended doesn't fix it.

Reese-015

Also, will Omehga be like this too?

I believe Leviathan opens up a separate part of the Citadel you can access immediately from a menu when you dock there. Going there will pretty much start the whole 'quest line'.

U2NUMB

Hummm had no idea this was coming out but I am interested. 15 is a bit steep so I hope the impressions are that it is long.

Also amazing OT.. well done!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Trailer was alright. The shots ripped from cutscenes just looked awkwardedly composed though. I can't wait till we get a sci-fi game with proper production values.

Top Bottom