• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Phionoxx

If you have a DLC mismatch, when you try to load the save it will specifically tell you what you're missing in a pop-up. However, this isn't an issue unless the platform you're trying to play on is missing anything that the save has. If you have more, they just get added onto the career.

I've never had the problem where clicking load does nothing, so I'm not sure if there's a step you're neglecting or something. Are you converting the files to .xbsav or .pcsav files depending on what you're playing on?

Don't know how this will affect ME3, fingers crossed that my saves work!

Yeah I have a DLC mismatch, I don't get any kind of pop up that lets me know that specifially though. 360 ME2 has all of the DLC, ME2 on PC is vanilla.

I used this tool http://legion.cal24.pl/me2/index.php/site/index to complete the last step of the transfer, and ended up with a .pcsav file that I renamed to Save_001.pcsav and placed in the Mass Effect 2 -> Save -> Name_Rank_Class_Date folder. It shows up in game, but doesn't load. Maybe I skipped a step in the process? Is there a guide you used, or would recommend to follow?

RyanDG

I really don't believe there are actually timed quests (as in real time and not mission based timer) in the game.

More than likely, when you picked up the quest you already couldn't complete it due to having gone past the point on your main mission sequence, or you already took a branching path that made the side quest not completable.

That's been my experience so far, but others have said otherwise.

There is one quest I know of off the top of my head though that may have an actual in game timer on it, but the quest had a pretty clear point in telling you to do this ASAP or you would miss your chance.

ZsTZk.png

645678.gif

39802755_dance_gif.gif

29177767_dancing_gif.gif

What can I do with myself? Can't think of anything but Mass Effect right now, gonna go to sleep early I think because I can't watch tv or play anything else.

Montresor

So I just dropped $90 canadian (including tax, with free shipping) at Amazon.ca on the collector's edition of Mass Effect 3 for 360. It will ship to my house on March 13-14.

How is this possible? I'm SO excited though, because I want the robotic pet dog so much (among the other goodies, heh). But everywhere I looked this thing was sold out (bestbuy.ca, futureshop.ca, walmart.ca, no in-person pre-orders available at EB Games brick and mortar stores). And I SWORE that I checked Amazon.ca a couple of weeks ago and saw this was sold out.

How often does Amazon let you buy or pre-order something that is already sold out? I hope I don't get an apolegetic e-mail from an Amazon representative in a few days, telling me it was a misunderstanding.

Also, the Amazon product page doesn't mention the From Ashes DLC... That kinda bums me out. Oh well!

(._.)

Banned
So I got this for $25. Had $33 credit from GMG. Put in about 25 hours each on ME 1 & 2. Both games were ok and I was entertained for the most part. $25 for the core 25 hours I suppose is worth it to me. Wouldn't have purchased if I didn't have that credit floating around.

syoaran

According to the latest ANN tweets, Emily Wong isn't doing too good.

Initially I felt that this was just some random collection of tweets about the invasion. I'm glad they have taken this route, just writing a story and using twitter as a medium to release it.

Karak

That's been my experience so far, but others have said otherwise.

There is one quest I know of off the top of my head though that may have an actual in game timer on it, but the quest had a pretty clear point in telling you to do this ASAP or you would miss your chance.

Ya there are actually a couple that state clearly to do it right away. Hurry Shepard! Kind of things. The diplomat one isn't one of them(the one I remember timing out on me within maybe 15 minutes or less of gametime) Nor is the murder investigation.

I still don't know how they are timed, just gonna wait for it to be explained or whatever.

I can say for sure that if the game can't tell if you can or can't complete a mission and gives it to you anyway, only to instantly fail it...thats just stupid. That's not what happened to me but if that's what is being suggested that would be far worse than a mysterious random timer. www.Ihatebugs.com
I hate buggy stuff. I would rather have some mystery than random missions being given then instafailing.

Patryn

Is her group down to 2? Or is she alone now?

I think 2. Dr. M was staying in the car as a getaway driver.

She and a campus cop tried to save the cop's son and a bunch of people at UCLA, but he got killed and she had to run away, leaving the pens of people to get husked.

I'm not done but I'll give my review now. 30 hours in; ME3 is much longer than ME2 in my opinion (beat it in 25).

+ Story is well done, incorporates new and old characters in an organic way. Some surprises and interesting character arcs.
+ I think the gunplay is as good and varied as Gears 3. The shooting feels fantastic and the combat scenarios are well done.
+ Citadel is much bigger; tons of side/fetch quests that you obtain just by walking by people. Weapon modding is nice touch.
+ Planet scanning is improved; not as repetitive as before. It's still not perfect but better than ME2.
+ Graphics are phenomenal. They really put a lot of time into environments. Loading is fast with both discs installed.
+ The game is just very addictive; has that overwhelming GOOD feeling of 'i have so much I want to do next'. (pro-tip: USE YOUR MAP)
+ Dialogue trees are STILL THERE. You can talk/investigate with crew members on your ship. Stop worrying.

- There aren't as many impactful choices or Paragon moments as ME2. There are still lots; just not as much as ME2.
- They got rid of the Mass Effect 1 music in your cabin; personally I feel like ME1's music is still better than 2 or 3.
- Some small bugs (characters dissapearing) and minor frame-rate slowdown on Citadel.
- Disc swapping; as I mentioned earlier, I've had to do it 4 times in my time with the game. It seems random but it is annoying.
+- Multiplayer is a nice bonus but personally, I didn't find it all that interesting (servers are already up).

Overall I'd give it a 9.5/10 and I'm not even finished with it yet (2 story missions to go). I have no doubt that this game is going to score VERY high later tonight.

Karak

Karak! You didn't answer my question brah... (no spoilers!)

Yoinkes. Sorry thought I had.

Yes you can talk to her about the past and the future. You can, it seems continue to romance her. I have not. I split off from that storyline to work with the Krogan right now.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm not done but I'll give my review now. 30 hours in; ME3 is much longer than ME2 in my opinion (beat it in 25).

+ Story is well done, incorporates new and old characters in an organic way. Some surprises and interesting character arcs.
+ I think the gunplay is as good and varied as Gears 3. The shooting feels fantastic and the combat scenarios are well done.
+ Citadel is much bigger; tons of side/fetch quests that you obtain just by walking by people.
+ Planet scanning is improved; not as repetitive as before. It's still not perfect but better than ME2.
+ Graphics are phenomenal. They really put a lot of time into environments. Loading is fast with both discs installed.
+ The game is just very addictive; has that overwhelming GOOD feeling of 'i have so much I want to do next'. (pro-tip: USE YOUR MAP)
+ Dialogue trees are STILL THERE. You can talk/investigate with crew members on your ship. Stop worrying.

- There aren't as many impactful choices or Paragon moments as ME2. There are still lots; just not as much as ME2.
- They got rid of the Mass Effect 1 music in your cabin; personally I feel like ME1's music is still better than 2 or 3.
- Some small bugs (characters dissapearing) and minor frame-rate slowdown on Citadel.
- Disc swapping; as I mentioned earlier, I've had to do it 4 times in my time with the game. It seems random but it is annoying.
+- Multiplayer is a nice bonus but personally, I didn't find it all that interesting (servers are already up).

Overall I'd give it a 9.5/10 and I'm not even finished with it yet (2 story missions to go). I have no doubt that this game is going to score VERY high later tonight.

I'm anticipating some people to just focus on that point lol.

+ Citadel is much bigger; tons of side/fetch quests that you obtain just by walking by people. Weapon modding is nice touch.

Awwwww yeaaaaa sounds good. BODY READY.

Karak

Thanks this is about 1/3rd farther than I am. How did you handle the powers bug with the aiming for special powers? Especially on the vertical environments? Its one of the main things making the game so hard at points for me.

Also I am not sure I can agree with the new and old character being organic. So far I have had 5 characters who's stories intersect with a "hey jump on board" line of dialogue. I am assuming maybe the 15 hour mark is when this gets good? While Ashley's(so far) has been great.

I also feel the the music and its use through the game as a whole isn't as powerful as #1 and 2. Seems like lots of...uhm silent time?!? Agreed with the missing music in the cabin:(

Also disk swapping (seems) to be connected to how far you travel away from the citedal. There is overlapping data somewhere. So far in 10+ hours I have swamped maybe 15 times. But I have also flown north south many times for quests. That's good to know.

kingocfs

Can someone clarify for me what about the MP influences the campaign? I tuned into that IGN stream for a minute and heard them talking about "galaxy preparedness" or some shit but they were really vague about it.

Top Bottom