• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Dresden

Holy ballz! Really you think so? I always thought she looked like Corky from Life Goes On in the first one:)

I don't think she was hot or anything before, but now, she just looks weird. Especially when you first meet her in the demo/full game equivalent where there's a long slow pan over her face as she stares at Shepard.

DTKT

So if I understand correctly the jumping off point of ME3 is that the Reapers have invaded and are systemically fucking shit up all over the place. Right?

Therefore, if I'm tasked with missions that include getting to a location and helping out before the shit hits the fan and Reapers arrive (timed missions), I'm OK with that.

Because it makes sense in context of the story.

good story =/ good design

Not explaining to the player the failure conditions is a guaranteed source of frustration.

Karak

I don't think she was hot or anything before, but now, she just looks weird. Especially when you first meet her in the demo/full game equivalent where there's a long slow pan over her face as she stares at Shepard.

Damn it man. Now you are making me rethink it.

No...Damnit. I think its the hair I like better. But she is less...hatable than the first one as well. GOD I hated her in the first one.

Buncha babies whinin' about a few timed side quests

205899-frank_west_large.png

Mass Effect 3|OT|

jurassicpark62.PNG

Karak

And if they put timers all the man babies would be whining about how unrealistic that it is.

This is from IGN and is a good explanation of what they had happen.
I agree that timers would have been also a bit off. They could have had ways to show that time was slipping like contacts from the quest giver stating "You better hurry! Shepard why haven't you don't the job yet?" That kind of thing would have went a LONG way with me and sticks to realism very well.

Things were bad in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, but not this bad. Why is Shepard therefore being asked to do fetch quests? If the Reapers win, everything is for naught, and the game would have felt a little more realistic and true to itself with more of a pinpoint focus on the Reapers only.

There are other concerns I have with side quests. One concern centers on the sheer amount of random side quests earned when running through places like the Citadel. Overhearing random characters speaking triggered side quests in past Mass Effect games, but in Mass Effect 3, this is brought to an almost absurd level. You can earn multiple side quests within a minute of each other by running through a new area of the Citadel, for instance, without having known to listen to the actual conversations for context. And the codex does a poor job of explaining your actual task. All of this comes off as a bit sloppy and unnecessary.

The other complaint pertains to side quest timing. I've failed several side quests because I didn't do them soon enough, but you're never given much of an explanation of timeliness, or given fair warning that time is even a threat. So take heed from my experience, and knock out side quests as soon as you earn them. Otherwise, you may eventually get cut off from them forever.

Karak

Say whaaat? She looks goddamn gorgeous even more than before.
I admit I wasn't a fan in the first one. But for me in this one she is banging. Moreso than pretty much anyone else.

Scratch that...your new Normandy assistant is pretty damn sweet looking too.

I admit I wasn't a fan in the first one. But for me in this one she is banging. Moreso than pretty much anyone else.

Are you continuing your romance with her in the game? If so, can you continually talk to her throughout the game about the relationship, etc?

REV 09

any way to unlock the pc version early by changing your region ...wasn't it called VPN or something?

Edit: apparently the vpn trick does work for this. may unlock it tonight then.

K' Dash

This is from IGN and is a good explanation of what they had happen.
I agree that timers would have been also a bit off. They could have had ways to show that time was slipping like contacts from the quest giver stating "You better hurry! Shepard why haven't you don't the job yet?" That kind of thing would have went a LONG way with me and sticks to realism very well.

But what kind of sidequests will run out of time?, the "I'll recover your lost wallet" or the "Distress Beacon, this could be awesome" mission, if it's the first, i couldn't care less, but if it's the latter, fuck that shit.

Hawk269

any way to unlock the pc version early by changing your region ...wasn't it called VPN or something?

Yes there is...I dont know how personally how, but it was asked once in every page for the last 10 pages or so, but those that know how to do it are all of playing teh game...how dare they do that!!! lol

I am still begging/waiting/pleading for someone with teh PC version to CONFIRM if Hi-Res textures are in the PC version. I have both 360 and PC (Hi End) and obviously looks amazing on PC...but prefer controller. But if PC has the Hi-Rez textures...just will go with that..but want it confirmed.

REV 09

Yes there is...I dont know how personally how, but it was asked once in every page for the last 10 pages or so, but those that know how to do it are all of playing teh game...how dare they do that!!! lol

I am still begging/waiting/pleading for someone with teh PC version to CONFIRM if Hi-Res textures are in the PC version. I have both 360 and PC (Hi End) and obviously looks amazing on PC...but prefer controller. But if PC has the Hi-Rez textures...just will go with that..but want it confirmed.

well, it will likely get higher res textures eventually...even if they're fan made. Imo, playing the multi at 60fps in 1080p is enough to choose pc over the console versions. I thought the multi on consoles suffered in performance.

Used the Gibbed Save Editor.

Tali, Jacob, and Samara are now dead. Because I hate Tali, Jacob is boring, and Liara is all the Asari boob I'll ever need.

Hawk269

well, it will likely get higher res textures eventually...even if they're fan made. Imo, playing the multi at 60fps in 1080p is enough to choose pc over the console versions. I thought the multi on consoles suffered in performance.

I know eventually it will as with almost any PC game. It is just taht someone from BioWare tweeted it a while ago, but since then nothing has been said. Personally dont care about MP with this game. I am playing a bit of ME2 on PC right now, just to get use to the control method...still pissed they did not add controller support for ME3.

But ultimately, would just like to know if Hi-Res texture are in at launch.

Wow, three people in a row that admit they don't like Tali, that's new.

Personally i don't hate her but I don't care much for her either, because:

A) She is completely biased against the Geth, I understand her hate but her denial to acknowledge any Quarian fault in the conflict is exasperating.

B) I've never felt like romancing her (didn't do it and I have like 4 male characters) because she is totally like a little sister/cousin, just doesn't seem right.

Karak

Are you continuing your romance with her in the game? If so, can you continually talk to her throughout the game about the relationship, etc?

Yep slowly but surely the "Unlocking Ashley's hips" will be complete.

Sidequest accepted mother fucker:)

Back on topic a bit though. Modification of weapons seems to be pretty cool I was ignoring it a good deal just to get further in the game. I got some shotgun mods that play more towards my strength with the shotguns and helped me get through a quest last night that I was having a problem with.

Question: if I buy this through Origin in the UK, will it preload now? Our internet is stupidly slow, and it'll take a few days to download this.

jersoc

so i used the proxy trick to unlock this, but the game won't detect my saves.

anyone had this happen and figure out what's wrong? everything is in the right folders

Top Bottom