• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Considering cancelling my CE, The art book is cool but all I really care about is the DLC.

Do it. The art book is shit. That and the fact that there was recently a sale on BioWare points leads me to believe that I wasted $20.

The ME Universe art book that you can buy separately is 100x better.

I told myself I wouldn't do this after the DA2 SE fiasco. I only have myself to blame.

StuBurns

Banned
Hey GAF, finished ME2 about an hour ago, good stuff. Anyway, I just ordered ME3 on Origin, but it's greyed out, no option for pre-load. Isn't that possible in the UK?

Pollux

Nope. The only bonus item I give a shit about is the From Ashes DLC, but I had some extra Bioware points to cover that. It's not worth the extra money, EA and Bioware can suck it.

Nope I don't care for all that art book shit and the other useless crap that usually comes with them.

The DLC I just bought separately.

Good to know. Reading this thread I felt like I was going to miss all this stuff, then I realized the only real difference is the DLC and a robodog and a sweater.

one more thing: there are so many gratuitous ass shots in this game

Tell me Miranda is in this. PM me if you don't to post it here...please

I'll take a few more framerate dips over constant disc swapping. PS3 version for me.

I'm so confused seeing people post this. Did you not play ME1 & ME2? I don't even have the option of choosing the PS3 version, I've sunk at least 90 hours into my Xbox save file between ME1 & ME2.

Also, I'm guessing most people don't own Kinects? The voice commands for squad members was kinda cool in the demo, although it is difficult to yell out "Concussive Shot" while in the midst of battle. That's another benefit to the Xbox version, provided you have a Kinect.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Considering I was getting the DLC anyway, $10 more for the steelbook and everything else is great to me. I'm a sucker for steelbooks though. :x

StuBurns

Banned
Same thing happened with me. Try re-starting Origin.
Thanks, but no luck with that. Tried the Reload my Games option too, no love there either, maybe it'll sort itself out in time. I can't actually play it on the weekend anyway.

EDIT: Seems I just had to wait, when I got a purchase confirmation email, it unlocked for preloading.

I'm so confused seeing people post this. Did you not play ME1 & ME2? I don't even have the option of choosing the PS3 version, I've sunk at least 90 hours into my Xbox save file between ME1 & ME2.

Also, I'm guessing most people don't own Kinects? The voice commands for squad members was kinda cool in the demo, although it is difficult to yell out "Concussive Shot" while in the midst of battle. That's another benefit to the Xbox version, provided you have a Kinect.

The only thing keeping me from getting the PS3 version is my save file on 360 of the previous versions. I too would sacrifice small frame rate dips for not having to swap discs multiple times; if they don't impact gameplay and there are no other glaring differences.

Kyoufu

You can make the ME1 decisions on the ME2 comic, so it's not like PS3 misses out on anything.

And yeah, I too dumped lots and lots of time into the 360 versions.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So this guy at Giant Bomb says the game is shit. Can anyone confirm or infirm? He does sound like a troll, but he got me scared for a second.d

I read the first few lines, but it's just some dude on a forum. I would read the whole thing, but I'm too scared of spoilers. The internet is dangerous right now.

edit - Of course, I'm just some dude on a forum as well, but I've already purchased the game so I'll experience it for myself first.

That disc swap is still baffling. Couldn't they just have a game disc and an install disc ?
Would that alienate so many potential customers, who don't have a big enough HDD and wouldn't buy one for the game ?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
No

Dude, I'm not even kidding. Misusing spoiler tags is a bannable offense. I'm not trying to tear you down. I'm trying to stop you from getting yourself banned (and inevitably pissing someone off).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So this guy at Giant Bomb says the game is shit. Can anyone confirm or infirm? He does sound like a troll, but he got me scared for a second.d

He is basing this off watching SIX HOURS of a stream of the game. He hasn't even played it, and quite honestly I don't think anyone watching that much of a game have much intention of even trying it.

Also that thread seems spoilery as hell and I would recommend everyone not go into it.

When you said "this guy at GiantBomb" I assumed you meant an actual paid reviewer.

That's just a random guy, on a random forum. He could be saying that stuff to, heaven forbid, troll. Or he could genuinely think the game's awful. He's one guy though, and the positive far outweigh the negative right now.

Top Bottom