• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Kem0sabe

Ill proceed to quote a musing from someone in another forum:

I was reading Ascension the other day and one particular sentence aroused my curiosity. According to the quarians themselves, their environmental suits can hold a weeks worth of bodily waste. I was rather surprised by this, so I turned on my console, popped in ME1, and stared at Tali's ass in-game for about ten minutes.

Her suit is skintight; I don't see any place where a weeks worth of urine and crap could be stored. I could come to only three possible conclusions, which I will parlay to you now:

1. That quarian was lying and they must remove their suits every time they have to use the bathroom.

2. Tali has a different model of suit than most quarians.

3. Those aren't breasts.

That's right, female quarians do not have breasts, they have crap sacks on their chests.

I dont think Quarian physiology makes much sense, considering they never take their suits off. But i certainly don´t imagine them as something even remotely like Human.

entremet

So I lost my ME1/ME2 Character due to RROD. Forgot to transfer my saves to the clouds. Is there a way to set up your character based on decision made in those games? Similar to the PS3 ME2 version?

Patryn

So I lost my ME1/ME2 Character due to RROD. Forgot to transfer my saves to the clouds. Is there a way to set up your character based on decision made in those games? Similar to the PS3 ME2 version?

Yes, there is. But you should be able to simply either transfer your save file from the HD on your RROD system to your new system or even just swap HDs entirely.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I dont think Quarian physiology makes much sense, considering they never take their suits off. But i certainly don´t imagine them as something even remotely like Human.

Or maybe ME books have no idea what they're talking about(see Deception). All Quarians, including males, have tight suits in ME2, leaving no place for such thing as crap. Unless a Quarian's "bodily waste" do not work like a human at all.

...Oh my god, we are getting close to Tali's sweat theories now. What am i doing.

Ramblings from people that want to look for logic where there was only design.
Books say they have faces very similar to humans (if i remember correctly they say there are wholes for ears or something like that), Tali behind the visor looks like a human. They only alien parts are the feet, legs and hands, and you can add the long neck if you want. Why are people so obtuse, only becuase they think a human face would be "boring" they want to make their thinking as if it was real.

Yes, there is. But you should be able to simply either transfer your save file from the HD on your RROD system to your new system or even just swap HDs entirely.

Not to sound like I'm advertising, but Target's got a 4gig slim 360 for 179.99 + $25 gift card until March 3. This is probably going to be my solution. Going to swap my HDD from my bricked launch system and see if it loads up. Not wild about spending that kind of money on a system near the end of it's life cycle, but I've got a lot of games and I'm not confident on BC being a priority for the next gen of systems.

Quarian assholes have become so tight over the years (to help prevent infection) that poop that does come out emerges in extremely thin strings that the enviro-suits place in protective threads along the inner pantlegs.

So I recently picked up ME 1 + ME 2 for PC having played both games on the 360 and had planned to play through the games again for new saves. Unfortunately I booted up ME 1 and found the game just wasn't to my taste anymore. The reason don't really matter. I didn't want to start ME 2 without a save I liked so I started looking for saves online.

When I came across this guide http://legion.cal24.pl/me2/index.php/site/index.
It explains how to change a 360 save into a PC save and vice versa for both games. I also found http://www.masseffectsaves.com/ which has a ton of saves on it with tons of different choices made. This stuff might be old news and if it is I'm sorry, but I figured it might be helpful to people so I posted it here.

Edit: I put the wrong link.

Kem0sabe

Or maybe ME books have no idea what they're talking about(see Deception). All Quarians, including males, have tight suits in ME2, leaving no place for such thing as crap. Unless a Quarian's "bodily waste" do not work like a human at all.

...Oh my god, we are getting close to Tali's sweat theories now. What am i doing.

I think every single mass effect book, comic or otherwise, is pretty bad from start to end. But doesn´t Bioware consider them canon? for what Thats worth, as it seems they change their minds about how the universe works fairly often.

Crap boobs would be a nice shock tho, for all those deviants who want weird alien sex.

Ramblings from people that want to look for logic where there was only design.
Books say they have faces very similar to humans (if i remember correctly they say there are wholes for ears or something like that), Tali behind the visor looks like a human. They only alien parts are the feet, legs and hands, and you can add the long neck if you want. Why are people so obtuse, only becuase they think a human face would be "boring" they want to make their thinking as if it was real.

From what i´ve read, Bioware is doing their best to turn upside down fans expectations about how the game, the
awesome
endings being one case. I hope thats the case Tali´s face is not anything even remotely like a hairless human, would be nice.

Bisnic

I think every single mass effect book, comic or otherwise, is pretty bad from start to end. But doesn´t Bioware consider them canon? for what Thats worth, as it seems they change their minds about how the universe works fairly often.

Crap boobs would be a nice shock tho, for all those deviants who want weird alien sex.

I'm starting to think Bioware just take a quick glance at some pages to see if words "asari", "krogan", "citadel", etc. are there and then close the book and approve it.

Trick_GSF

Banned
Quarian assholes have become so tight over the years (to help prevent infection) that poop that does come out emerges in extremely thin strings that the enviro-suits place in protective threads along the inner pantlegs.

South-Park-nice.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Den of Xenophiles 2.0

are you sure they didn't just invent portal-tech after the whole AI debacle?

(GlaDOS pic)

somewhere out there, there is a planet of poop. Coming out of 17 million tiny crap portals.

From what i´ve read, Bioware is doing their best to turn upside down fans expectations about how the game, the
awesome
endings being one case. I hope thats the case Tali´s face is not anything even remotely like a hairless human, would be nice.

She maybe isnt hairless, thats something we really dont know, but come on, people that think that her face isnt human like and want something completly alien are deluding themselves. Books (canon, like it or not, although I dont think the Drew ones are bad), what you can see behind the visor and the original artwork all point to the same thing.

However they are not going to show her face, so you and other people can think she has an alien face if you really want. Im staying in mind with Vespaz's rendition.

I don't know. If the multiplayer is on both discs, that means less room for the single-player. That means a smaller and shorter game.

Do you really want a shorter and smaller finale?

That's true.

I really want to play the multiplayer with my brother together (without spending 60 euros on a second game) but it shouldn't take away from the length and quality of the game.

Patryn

That's true.

I really want to play the multiplayer with my brother together (without spending 60 euros on a second game) but it shouldn't take away from the length and quality of the game.

That scenario you just described is exactly WHY it won't be on both discs. Why would EA allow two people to play the same copy at the same time?

CrazyDude

So and insect?
Excuse me if im attracted to human like faces.

It is a human face, it's not "human like faces." Quarians should atleast look alien. The Asari might have human faces, but atleast the have blue skin and tentacles on their head that atleast makes them look like a different species. The quarian in that picture look exactly like a human. They might as well not be considered a different species at all.

Kyoufu

This is bullshit. I was told no to getting the Argus DLC with the Collector's Edition. I don't see the logic in this.

I’m excited to see how far I can juggle my relationship with Tali and Liara before shit goes down. I know at one point the game is going to force me to choose. Yes, I’m hating myself while I type this.

Bisnic

It is a human face, it's not "human like faces." Quarians should atleast look alien. The Asari might have human faces, but atleast the have blue skin and tentacles on their head that atleast makes them look like a different species. The quarian in that picture look exactly like a human. They might as well not be considered a different species at all.

They already have bented legs, weird feet, glowing eyes and three fingers. That's already as much/more alien than asaris who are basically blue humans with head tentacles and no ears.

I’m excited to see how far I can juggle my relationship with Tali and Liara before shit goes down. I know at one point the game is going to force me to choose. Yes, I’m hating myself while I type this.

And that's why god invented airlocks.

Seriously, they better let me airlock SOMEONE out of my ship at some point. I mean, it's right there man... right there. Why won't you let me airlock someone...
/ Archer mode

The 'bachelor party' in ME2 kinda suggest they might be more like Babylon 5's
Vorlons
or something. Smart, telepathic, ever living
squids
. Charming.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Maybe there is nothing behind the mask.

Could just be housing for environmentals, or some such, just made to look like a head to fit in better with the humanoid races. Meanwhile they've moved all of it into the torso to better protect it while relying upon cybernetics for vision/hearing.

The benefits of a head don't apply to a 100% spacefaring race, seems like.

Like that dude from Babylon 5?

CrazyDude

They already have bented legs, glowing eyes and three fingers. That's already as alien as asaris who are basically blue humans with head tentacles.

Great , but it would be nice not to have a second alien species that doesn't have a human face. Atleast you can tell an asari face compared to a human face because of the skin color, here you can not. Also, the fan art does not have glowing eyes.

inky

They already have bented legs, weird feet, glowing eyes and three fingers. That's already as much/more alien than asaris who are basically blue humans with head tentacles and no ears.

Asaris look like the race that is looking at them, so to Salarians they look like Salarians and to turians they look like Turians. They share the blue tint and tentacles for sure, but we don't really know how "they look like".

That, or Mass Effect 2 is non-canon. (I get that you are talking about how they look in game :p)

I cheated on Liara with Tali. Then I went back to Liara in The Lair of the Shadowbroker. Shit is going to go down. I'll throw Liara off the cliff for Tali in the end though.

I don't hate myself. Judge me.

X-Frame

I'm nervous about how face codes from ME2 will translate over to ME3. My face codes that I thought looked great in ME2 look horrific in ME3. My only choice is to import the character but then I don't take advantage of the new choices.

Hopefully the guy who made the masseffect2faces.com website is making another for ME3.

Bisnic

Asaris look like the race that is looking at them, so to Salarians they look like Salarians and to turians they look like Turians. They share the blue tint and tentacles for sure, but we don't really know how "they look like".

That, or Mass Effect 2 is non-canon. (I get that you are talking about how they look in game :p)

That's just assuming it wasn't just very drunk friends talking non-sense in that Illium bar, or they took that special drink that changes people(asari?) apparence that you can test yourself.

Arjen

I just got my artbook in the mail, damn good stuff, washes away the filthy taste of deception from my mouth.

Patryn

I'm nervous about how face codes from ME2 will translate over to ME3. My face codes that I thought looked great in ME2 look horrific in ME3. My only choice is to import the character but then I don't take advantage of the new choices.

Hopefully the guy who made the masseffect2faces.com website is making another for ME3.

This is why for my "canon" runthrough, I actually first made the face I liked in ME2, then went back and recreated it in ME1 and then played. I also have the code, so if necessary I can enter that in and tweak it if it looks wrong in ME3.

This thread took an interesting turn. Tali's poop theories> Tali's sweat theories.

Then here's a last one: Quarians do not actually have legs.

aaaw yeeeaaaaah, they're walking on sunshine.

Sadly, I doubt ME3 will provide answers to these - clearly! - vital questions. The Elcor actually walking during the cutscene when you meet Anderson on the Citadel in ME2 was fun though. I kinda wish the games allowed for more of such moments to at least suggest that aliens might actually be aliens and not 'guys wearing suits'. But that would create a huge demand on the animating side.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Me: Hey guys, so how about that Mass Effect? It's pretty cool, right?

GAF: Tali's boobs are probably sacks of shit.

:/

:(

:'(

And I'm not even a big Tali fan.

Quoting myself cause I got buried:

Hey guys, quick question for anyone who knows more than I do about profiles and how saves work and junk:

If I played ME2 on one profile on my xbox, but want to play ME3 on a different profile on my xbox, is that even possible?
I have a save going all the way back to the first Mass Effect and (obviously) want to bring my dude into the newest game.

Sad that I have to deal with this, but that whole Fifa hacking investigation garbage took way too long last year and I made another gamertag. Even if I have to do a bunch of complicated shit I won't mind.. Just wanna play with my canon Shepard on my new profile.

Top Bottom