• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

1_5467.jpg

I love the irony of this empty ME3 wallet.

looks to be a GameStop item if anyone is actually interested

Yoohoo boys

Look what is back in stock:

http://amzn.com/B0050SYZS0

Out of stock again. Here's what Amazon says the reason is:

Due to high demand (and possibly the imminent Reaper invasion), we have unfortunately run out of our pre-order allocation for Mass Effect 3 - Collector's Edition. We are looking to secure additional allocation from the publisher and will update this page if that occurs. Please note -- if you have already pre-ordered this edition -- do not cancel as you may not be able to re-order.

Kem0sabe

Playing with friends in the demo is a real fucking piss-off. If we try and create a game, it takes on average 10-20 minutes to fill up a room. If we try and search for games and then send invites, for whatever fucking reason, it gives priority to people in solo matchmaking. In the end, it takes FOREVER to find a game.
If there's anyone from Bioware here, put a fucking matchmaking system in. Good lord. It's 2012 already.

Paid DLC...

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Went all out with the swag; 360 CE, the Art book and awesome Normandy model :) Definitely on par with my Halo loving. I wish they had behind the scenes content though, I eat all that stuff up!

Unity2012

Have we heard anything about the SP length?

Is it shorter but with a MP addition; about the same as ME2, better, longer... ?

Kem0sabe

Have we heard anything about the SP length?

Is it shorter but with a MP addition; about the same as ME2, better, longer... ?

I wouldn't trust advertised SP length, as it´s usually a gross overestimation. Take Kingdoms of Amalur for example, they advertised upwards of 200 hours to complete all the content, i completed almost all of it at 45 hours.

For ME3, if its anything like the previous games, i would wager around 20-30 hours to do everything.

For ME3, if its anything like the previous games, i would wager around 20-30 hours to do everything.

And that's fine by me! :)

I reject the idea that every game has to be a 100 hour + time sink like Skyrim (as glorious as Skyrim is). Long as the campaign isn't CoD length, I'll generally be happy.

Kem0sabe

And that's fine by me! :)

I reject the idea that every game has to be a 100 hour + time sink like Skyrim (as glorious as Skyrim is). Long as the campaign isn't CoD length, I'll generally be happy.

Yeah, im not that big of a fan of huge games. The concept of having all that content is exciting but in the end... i end up bored and with little time or inclination to play and reach the stories conclusion.

30 hours is the magic mark for an rpg (for me at least).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Haven't been posting much lately since I've been in a chill-mode, but great OP, aside from all the unnecessary jokes that is.

Either way, this reminds me yet again that I STILL have to finish off this extra playthrough of mine, that I've been putting off so much, and sometimes when I finally DO get online, I jump straight into the ME3 demo to try yet again to get a Widow, Carnifex or Revenant (Revenant, not so much) as these have been the last things I've been needing for the longest of time now.

Screw it, I'm free today, I'm going to just put ME2 in right now.

Haven't been posting much lately since I've been in a chill-mode, but great OP, aside from all the unnecessary jokes that is.

Either way, this reminds me yet again that I STILL have to finish off this extra playthrough of mine, that I've been putting off so much, and sometimes when I finally DO get online, I jump straight into the ME3 demo to try yet again to get a Widow, Carnifex or Revenant (Revenant, not so much) as these have been the last things I've been needing for the longest of time now.

Screw it, I'm free today, I'm going to just put ME2 in right now.

HAHAHAAH i know how you feel.... damn multiplayer is killing me

Have there been any speculated new alien races to have sex with? I need to read some forum posts with my internal 'Shawn Elliot' voice.

Plasma

Banned
Thanks for the heads up I just cancelled my Gamestation order and changed it over to ShopTo, even saved a fiver.

On the topic of the game I still have a male paragon run and a female renegade run that I need to complete before ME3 comes out but it looks like I won't finish in time. Oh well I already have a male neutral, male renegade and female paragon to load into ME3.

Johnjamin

Neo Member
Some credit cards numbers were leaked and ShopTo was blamed, but that was years ago. I think most people agree they're safe enough now.

ah ok thanks for the info.

back on topic: ridiculously excited now though, i've even cataloged my save games on my phone, so i know what i've done in each one.

safe to say i'm a bit obsessed with this series.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well, from the mouth of the guy that played the Space Edition and leaked the info discussed in BSN, the game is an amazing ride and the ending is absolutely beautiful. BSN being BSN and all that.

New footage from X-Play, featuring Palaven:
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/57518/mass-effect-3-x-play-palaven-exclusive/?quality=hd

That was a nice footage of something that isn't Earth(finally). Looking good.

That (non-existent) facial animation when Vega said "Holy hell!" was disappointing though.

Melchiah

Playing the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo gives you access to the Reckoner Knight armor. Completing said demo also delivers the Chakram Launcher assault rifle into your greedy hands.

WTF!? I had no idea. I better play the demo, which I've already downloaded weeks ago, before ME3 is released then. I take it, this applies to every region, EU included?

Man, this game needs to hurry up. I'm almost actually more excited about the MP than the SP. I keep playing it even though I know it's a fruitless endeavor...

I've already put more time in this MP (not saying ALL that much) than any MP in recent memory.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Including all the comics, the Mass Effect literature titles are;
- Revelation
- Ascension
- Retribution
- Deception
- Redemption
- Incursion
- Inquisition
- Evolution
- Conviction
- Invasion

The 'ion' theme will be broken by Homeworlds.

Lies.

Mass Effect: Homeworldsion. ;)

Drewfonse

Does anyone know if the Vanguard class can use assault rifles in ME3? Are there arbitrary restrictions on which classes can use which weapons, like in ME2?

Top Bottom