• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

AlStrong

Except Javik actually has dialogue with you after you complete his mission, while Zaeed and Kasumi shared repetitive monologues about various items stored around their area. It's very different. Javik is much closer to a full-fledged party member than those two ever were.

You should also take Javik when you go to
Thessia
. :)

Yep, in the pre-mission loadouts and also in the terminal in your cabin.

I'm sorry, can you be more specific in how to do this? I'm at the private terminal right now and all I can do is look at their powers, and cycle their appearance. I can see the names of their equipped weapons but can't change them.

From Ashes is fantastic! Nice pre-order bonus but if I'd known there'd bee this many disc swaps I would have bought this on PS3.

I'll take disc swaps if it comes along with a superior framerate. But then again I remember a time when multiple discs was actually a good thing before people started whining about it.

Sober

I love how everybody makes comments after every mission.
They just need to fix that dialogue from fading out or making them non-interactive so you don't accidentally mash your way through in the middle of one.

Oh and that stupid geometry on the Normandy cockpit that can get you stuck.

ironcreed

Banned
Oh my god, I just finished the From The Ashes DLC and I can't imagine how anyone who's into Mass Effect could skip it. It should not have been DLC. Fuck that. Now I'm pissed for those who have to buy it.

Confirms the suspicions I had back when this first blew up. Hell, one of the first things you do is
go to Mars in order to get the Prothean weapon blueprint.
After that, the first thing I thought to myself was that the game is going to feel incomplete without the Prothean squadmate, but I refuse to buy it.

At any rate, I am still enjoying it for the most part and just want my conclusion. But if the ending is half as bad as I am hearing, then it would not surprise me if they ended up offering an alternate ending as DLC, lol. As long as I get some decent closure, then I'll probably be alright with it. Guess I will find out soon enough.

Zeliard

You should also take Javik when you go to
Thessia
. :)

Haha I heard about that. He's a staple of my team though so he ain't going anywhere. :>

I liked Javik's comments about Grunt.

I'm sorry, can you be more specific in how to do this? I'm at the private terminal right now and all I can do is look at their powers, and cycle their appearance. I can see the names of their equipped weapons but can't change them.

Ah my mistake, I thought you could also change their load-outs there. Never really tried it.

I think the only place you can change squad load-outs is pre-mission (and when you pick up a new weapon, though you can't change the modifications on it). Unfortunately even down in the shuttle bay I think you can only modify Shepard's stuff, strangely. You can definitely change what weapons they equip in whatever types they use, though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The DLC character is more or less important than the likes of
Garrus and Tali
, in that the story can continue as usual without him. But, the lore he gives is essential for any Mass Effect fan. That, coupled with the huge scope of dialogue, especially with other characters, makes it obvious he was planned early on.

He could and should have been in the main game.

Garrus and Tali
, in that the story can continue as usual without him. But, the lore he gives is essential for any Mass Effect fan. That, coupled with the huge scope of dialogue, especially with other characters, makes it obvious he was planned early on.

they're waiting for you eatchildren

in the test chamber

Haha I heard about that. He's a staple of my team though so he ain't going anywhere. :>

I liked Javik's comments about Grunt.

Ah my mistake, I thought you could also change their load-outs there. Never really tried it.

I think the only place you can change squad load-outs is pre-mission (and when you pick up a new weapon, though you can't change the modifications on it). Unfortunately even down in the docking bay I think you can only modify Shepard's stuff, strangely. You can definitely change what weapons they equip in whatever types they use, though.

Thanks, I can't believe I missed that.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Yep, they can also be found around the Citadel when you're docked there.
The damn Citadel!

BioWare, you need more places in your games.

I call this en Citadel.

iiC7t7iZMyfsb.png

It's like the only place in the Galaxy to meet is on the Citadel.

Tess3ract

Banned
Garrus and Tali

Another thing that's funny, is he's ON THE DISK. If anyone buys the game now, he's paying for something HE ALREADY PAID FOR.

Replicant

Actually most renegade dialogue is far less massive space/elf docuhe that is normal for Bioware. Its a lot easier to pick than in previous games.

I really regret not choosing "Go to Hell" dialogue
when speaking to The Illusive Man. I guess I felt indebted to him for resurrecting Shep in ME2 but man, what a DOUCHE.

Zeliard

The damn Citadel!

BioWare, you need more places in your games.[/IMG]

It's like the only place in the Galaxy to meet is on the Citadel.

Well, it is the center of the galactic community :p

Cortez sent me a message to meet him for drinks in Purgatory but he wasn't there. Dude stood me up :(

Einbroch

Banned
Yep. It took me 2 hours to realize that my guns were too "strong", even on Insanity. I had to load a save all the way back on Eden Prime... and even then, I had trouble not killing the Atlas before killing the pilot.

I would take off any weapon mods as well. Basically, you want to do as least damage as possible with your sniper rifle (or whatever you're using).

It's ridiculous. I have a rank one, no mod, no weapon power plus talents and it's still blowing up the Atlas.

Zeliard

So I just searched for "garrus wrex" sans quotes in google images.

Probably the worst mistake I've ever made. Comically, my safe search was set to "moderate" for whatever reason, and it gave me a first result that was somehow far worse than with safe search off.

malfcn

Looks like Kmart finally shipped my copy (after I bought one from Gamestop), but so far no pending charges. Will keep an eye on it. Weird?

Danny-Boy

Well Bioware sucked me back into the Mass Effect universe. About 10 hours in and taking my time exploring everything and about to travel to surkesh. This is so much better than Mass Effect 2.

Dead

well not really...yet
Except Javik actually has dialogue with you after you complete his mission, while Zaeed and Kasumi shared repetitive monologues about various items stored around their area. It's very different. Javik is much closer to a full-fledged party member than those two ever were.

And Shale was fairly significant as well. He was probably the best character in Dragon Age.
Have to agree with this. His dialogue and integration in the missions definitely make him seem like a full fledged party member rather than something like Zaeed. Id hate to say hes essential...but I think not doing his mission and not having the character would make the game feel less complete to me.

GSR

I haven't gotten particularly far (only up to Tuchanka), so perhaps Javik has some greater role in the story I haven't seen yet, but he definitely feels less plot-essential than the other characters. That said, he's still a great character and I wish he'd been part of the main game, not DLC.

Also, I think I just had that moment with Liara everyone's talking about.
The data cache for the future? I have to admit, I smiled. She's still a little perfect-space-waifu for my tastes, but it was a really well-done scene.

Moaradin

I haven't gotten particularly far (only up to Tuchanka), so perhaps Javik has some greater role in the story I haven't seen yet, but he definitely feels less plot-essential than the other characters. That said, he's still a great character and I wish he'd been part of the main game, not DLC.

The data cache for the future? I have to admit, I smiled. She's still a little perfect-space-waifu for my tastes, but it was a really well-done scene.

The scene with Garrus is also probably one of the best character dialogue scenes in the series. You'll know what I'm talking about if you did it.

Riposte

If you got out of ME2 with like 3 characters, and let's assume Tali and Garrus are dead and Wrex died in ME1, just how different is the game?

Dresden

If you got out of ME2 with like 3 characters, and let's assume Tali and Garrus are dead and Wrex died in ME1, just how different is the game?

Supposedly all the roles for the dead members will be filled by random schmucks with half the lines. So basically, worse.

Zeliard

Technically almost none of the characters are plot-essential since most of them can be dead. Javik in that respect is no less a character than the ME1 oldschool like Garrus, Tali, Wrex, etc, and probably more than a guy like Wrex since Javik is actually part of your squad.

GSR said:

I just loved the mood that was set in that scene, with a combination of the visuals and the music. Doesn't hurt that Liara's character model looks fantastic, especially the face. The artists did their job well.

I think it's just inferior. Nothing notable changes, apparently. They're just replaced by others who are less interesting and have far less history with Shepard.

Top Bottom