• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

bigace33

Knowing that the ending is shit is really holding me back on enjoying the game.

What a shame.
Or you could just make your own decision whether or not you like the ending. People have different tastes man. I've actually seen people in this thread who said they hated ME2 and it's ending, but I personally think ME2 is one of the top 10 greatest games of all time, and really enjoyed the ending. Hivemindedness(new word) is a terrible state of being.

Dennis

Banned
Anybody else getting frustrated with the controls?

I keep sticking to cover when I want to move and not going into cover when I want to.

Rad-

This is the second game where "Better with Kinect" is actually true. It's surprisingly awesome using the voice commands in combat.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You can add a little bit to the "best" ending if you get 4000 or more EMS though. Like someone said though it looks like you'll have to play multiplayer to get it that high. I did everything I could find and only had about 3500 EMS with about 7000 total strength.
Right.

Unless they add DLC that gives you another 1000 points or I fucked up my playthrough badly, you can't get the "best" ending despite what BioWare says. You can't even get the "Master and Commander" achievement.

I dunno, someone let me know if you can get 8000 points in the single player. I did almost everything and only ended up with 7006.

Goddammit, now I can't hand in those Cerberus Cyphers for that fetch sidequest either.

Patch your fucking game, BioWare.

EDIT: Okay, I fixed it, but now I'm still stuck with Barla Von having disappeared. :( The quest at leasts counts as completed, though. I'm stuck with that Eden Prime one.

Dennis

Banned
It is important to offer praise when praise is deserved.

The IQ of Mass Effect 3 is INSANE with MSAA and SGSSAA. So sharp and clear. Perfect for the technicolor sci-fi visuals of the Mass Effect universe.

CrazyDude

Right.

Unless they add DLC that gives you another 1000 points or I fucked up my playthrough badly, you can't get the "best" ending despite what BioWare says. You can't even get the "Master and Commander" achievement.

I dunno, someone let me know if you can get 8000 points in the single player. I did almost everything and only ended up with 7006.

There is no extra ending to reach 8000. The ending you got is the best ending.

LogicStep

Question on the readiness thing: If I play MP and get it high enough, will that stay for other play throughs that I do or is that just for my current character? It better bet for everyone, I might play MP to get it high and then never touch it again.

JoeBoy101

Just beat the game and loved it. Except for the ending.

Ending Spoiler:
The choices were interesting in theory. But given the story they had developed, they were very pedestrian and felt non-specific to the story of Shepard. I hated all three of them. Plus the whole thing with the Normandy at the end is head-scratching.

Its a damn shame, because up until they very end, the game is one of Bioware's best, at least with story, world, and character.

EDIT: Also Dennis, wait until the last quarter of the game. Screenshots there make the first 3/4s look primitive.

Especially Thessia.

Note: That's not much of a spoiler, but I spoilered it anyways.

Darkgran

So am I crazy or do the side missions not update in the journal?

I completed a task and looked in my journal on where to return it and it didn't update. It said I still needed to collect item when I just picked it up.

Bowdz

Just beat the game and loved it. Except for the ending.

Ending Spoiler:
The choices were interesting in theory. But given the story they had developed, they were very pedestrian and felt non-specific to the story of Shepard. I hated all three of them. Plus the whole thing with the Normandy at the end is head-scratching.

Its a damn shame, because up until they very end, the game is one of Bioware's best, at least with story, world, and character.

EDIT: Also Dennis, wait until the last quarter of the game. Screenshots there make the first 3/4s look primitive.

Especially Thessia.

Note: That's not much of a spoiler, but I spoilered it anyways.

Agreed. The game blew away my expectations with the exception of the ending, which somehow managed to be far worse than anything I could have possibly imagined.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There is no extra ending to reach 8000. The ending you got is the best ending.
Umm. I'll just say you should check the spoiler thread if you've finished the game.

And again, I only got the "full readiness" achievement after I passed 4000 by playing multiplayer.

JoeBoy101

Agreed. The game blew away my expectations with the exception of the ending, which somehow managed to be far worse than anything I could have possibly imagined.

It was bad, but not bad enough to make me hate the game or the franchise or anything silly like that. Just, VERY unsatisfying.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm actually really liking Mass Effect Infiltrator for those who care. The game is pretty fast-paced and it an arcadey take on the combat, awarding more points for using different combos and stringing together kills with certain weapons. You can upload intel to boost your battle readiness in ME3.

If you're looking to scratch that Mass Effect itch on the go, it's not bad by any means.

Ano-qeGCEAIRlGL.jpg

I'm honestly shocked that I have enjoyed it.

When I play for 5-10 minutes I love it.

The two times I've played longer something clicks and I hate it with a passion.

When it comes to endings (without spoiling them please) does anyone know what the exact EMS numbers are to get each ending? I'd check gamefaqs but I'm scared to get spoiled.

bengraven

Did From Ashes last night and what an awesome moment from a lore perspective.

Some people complained about the accent and I was among them, but then something dawned on me now that I've actually heard the voice:
People are saying his accent is Jamaican, but that's wrong. It's very Afrikan. Which makes sense: he's from a time when our people were considered primitive. Who knows how much influence the Protheans had on our ancestors 50,000 years ago...in Africa. It actually made me smile to realize that the Protheans likely influenced our first languages.

Waiting for version 2.0

Same boat. Preordered the game over a year ago, played until the first city and haven't picked the game up yet. Will eventually though.

Knowing that the ending is shit is really holding me back on enjoying the game.

What a shame.
I hate the ending, but the ride is really worth it, especially if you also played ME1 and 2. Bioware did so much right in this game that im still flabbergasted by how they fumbled at the end.

Can someone post a list of all the characters that can join your squad? I've looked everywhere and can't find one.
Tali, Garrus, Liara, EDI, Javik (DLC character), Vega, Ashley or Kaidan.

bengraven

wait, she's
Pretty much a human? lol BioWare, lol

Apparently if you GIS her face Bioware did do some slight Photoshop to the picture I posted above. So (for the last time: this is another spoiler if you don't want to know what Tali's face looks like) this is basically what her face looks like without lens flare .

I wonder how many people see the face and go "I DID THAT?!".

Edit: Oh shit, I just realized she looks almost exactly like a picture posted on the Bioware forums around the time of ME2. I remember so many fans liking that face (including myself) that I can see Bioware being like "let's make her look like that...the fans dig that".

I see no problem with
a space elf, why does every race in the galaxy have to be 100% different?
though it is a little bit of a cop-out.

Apparently if you GIS her face Bioware did do some slight Photoshop to the picture I posted above. So (for the last time: this is another spoiler if you don't want to know what Tali's face looks like) this is basically what her face looks like without lens flare .

I wonder how many people see the face and go "I DID THAT?!".
Not bad, but why didn't they just show it in 2?

Same with Turian females. The design doesn't need to be perfect.

Dany

Banned
I really bums me out that the soundtrack is .wav and does not have any metadata with it. Just song title and thats it. Lazy as shit.

Rengoku

I see no problem with

I think its just pure laziness. They've had 3 games and countless of artists at their disposal for over 5 years, and the best they can do for Tali is search online, find a random stock image and photoshop it slightly? COME ON!

bengraven

I see no problem with

I'm okay with it. I think they had two choices: do something pretty and piss off one half and do something ugly and piss off the other half. Frankly, you can't really lose with the pretty part.

I think its just pure laziness. They've had 3 games and countless of artists at their disposal for over 5 years, and the best they can do for Tali is search online, find a random stock image and photoshop it slightly? COME ON!

They didn't want to model a 3D model for just one picture, so I can't blame them. And the Shopping they did made her look a bit like a very popular fan rendition of her face. And in fairness, the stock model looks a lot like Tali's VA. So I'm like "whatever, the Tali fans can win this one".

Question about War Readiness/green bar!

I had to
pick Quarians over the Geth because my ME2 file didn't transfer over, FUUUUCK
, can I still get the full green bar even without that race's support.

Lakitu

st5fu
The missions in this game are just brilliant.

I haven't even done
Rannoch, Thessia, Eden Prime and Samara / Scientists side missions yet.

I don't know if this was answered but when do I meet
Conrad?
Sorry if I missed a response.

If you guys havent given the multiplayer a shot, do it.

Its surprisingly fun and it has a neat collection aspect when it comes to equipment and upgrades.

If you guys havent given the multiplayer a shot, do it.

Its surprisingly fun and it has a neat collection aspect when it comes to equipment and upgrades.

The collection aspect would be fine if you could buy specific stuff for more money, but you can't, and it's retarded.

I'll still play a ton of it though, just waiting until I finish the game.

Tess3ract

Banned
At 28 hours I'm sure you missed a ton of dialog among other things. I'm at 24+ hours with about 2 hours of idle time, and I'm only on the first quarian/geth missions. That's the beauty of this game, you can pretty much play it how you want, there is no wrong way to play it.

Nope, I double checked, and I only missed maybe 20 minutes of dialogue of various little snippets and did every single quest.

Also after the quarian/geth missions the game is basically over, just so you know.

Nope, I double checked, and I only missed maybe 20 minutes of dialogue of various little snippets and did every single quest.

Also after the quarian/geth missions the game is basically over, just so you know.

I just finished the quarian/geth missions, what do you mean?

Are there no more sidequests?

Edit; And I'm about 28 hours in, give or take an hour.

Top Bottom