• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Dany

Banned
Nope, I double checked, and I only missed maybe 20 minutes of dialogue of various little snippets and did every single quest.

Also after the quarian/geth missions the game is basically over, just so you know.

I was curious about this. I'm 26 hours in and in the middle of the quarian stuff and I have almost done everything.

Tess3ract

Banned
HUGE Rannoch Spoilers:

So Tali killed herself in my game--I sided with the Geth, Quarians got wiped out, and that's that. First time in the series where I truly, truly felt the consequence.

Of course I guess there's a way to resolve the issue without anyone getting hurt, but fuck it, this is awesome.

There's a way to save both

spoiler image: http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=flowcharthiu8r.jpg
I was curious about this. I'm 26 hours in and in the middle of the quarian stuff and I have almost done everything.
I just finished the quarian/geth missions, what do you mean?

Are there no more sidequests?

Edit; And I'm about 28 hours in, give or take an hour.

After you do the quarian/geth quests, you can do like 1-2 sidequests (if you've been keeping up on them that's all you should have left) then it's the point of no return.
You start attacking cerberus then immediately after you're forced to fly to earth and there's no turning back.
Maybe 3 hours tops.

bigace33

Nope, I double checked, and I only missed maybe 20 minutes of dialogue of various little snippets and did every single quest.

Also after the quarian/geth missions the game is basically over, just so you know.
lol I stand corrected then. Oh man I'm nowhere near war ready. This will not end well.

Question from the wife. She doesn't play any sort of MP. Can she still get the ending she wants - which would be the best ending, if such a thing exists - without it? She's doing all the fetch quests etc.

derFeef

Was really nice to meet (early-ish)
Kasumi
on the C and do a mission with. Was cool!
Wha, really? Where did you get it? iTunes isn't showing album/artist or any numbering for the songs?

It's the collectors edition OST which you can download from the bioware site. It showed me the WAV metadata in Windows and it worked transferring them when encoded to mp3.

Tess3ract

Banned
Also what's cool is you can modify the Coalesced.ini file and get all the preorder weapons and armor and stuff. it's all on the disk already! Thanks bioware.

bengraven

The missions in this game are just brilliant.

I haven't even done
Rannoch, Thessia, Eden Prime and Samara / Scientists side missions yet.

I don't know if this was answered but when do I meet
Conrad?
Sorry if I missed a response.

I met him in the docks after doing a mission to repair medi-gel dispensers. I'm about midway through and my last priority mission was
the Tuchunka missions

BTW, I was ready to kill the moron, but then
he redeems himself...kind of . Then a certain ME2 minor quest character arrives just in time and the two might have a happy ending together.

HomShaBom

Banned
Whelp. I'm now completely unable to play my game. I was in a fight and my game crashed. I load it back up and it crashes as it does the ea/bioware logo in the beginning. I even reinstalled ME3 and Origin.

Tacitus_

Question from the wife. She doesn't play any sort of MP. Can she still get the ending she wants - which would be the best ending, if such a thing exists - without it? She's doing all the fetch quests etc.

Yeah. Maxing the bar will get you the "best" ending. Getting 60% readiness will give you an extra clip on one of the "not best" endings.

milkham

I thought I did everything I could. every damn fetch quest, 100% probing in all the systems i could (there seem to be a few with nothing) I couldn't finish the
eden prime intel
side quest because i left before I got it all. I saved everyone I could,
I didn't save the girl in the refugee camp because I didn't tell her to change her name, and nothing i could do about mordin
got all the races together and my effective military strength is only 3521. I'm going to play the multiplayer some to get my galactic readiness up but does anyone know what the maximum effective military strength is before the galactic readiness multiplier is taken into effect?

I am over 30 hours in and still in the middle I would say. I LOVE how alive the ship feels in this game. Every character has something new to say after every mission. They also move about, they start conversations with each other and inquire about what is currently going on. These moments are amoung my favorite of the game. There is a finality to it all, Bioware has done an excellent job making it feel like this is the end of the line and everyone is ready to give their life for the end.

MINOR SPOILERS

I loved the awesome scene between Garrus and Shepard on the citadel, I let him win the shooting contest and it was hilarious. Such a great moment, I consider the two of them to be the closest friends in the series, no one has followed Shepard through more, so great to give them that moment. And to think you can ignore Garrus in ME1 and get him killed in ME2, I cant imagine what the game would be like.

GSR

Okay, so the 50% bullshit on the main screen etc actually means nothing in the singleplayer? Because it's pitiably explained in-game.

The 50% on the main screen is a multiplier to your war assets that is controlled by multiplayer. So if you never play multiplayer, you'll get half value for all your war assets.

JoeBoy101

I am over 30 hours in and still in the middle I would say. I LOVE how alive the ship feels in this game. Every character has something new to say after every mission. They also move about, they start conversations with each other and inquire about what is currently going on. These moments are amoung my favorite of the game. There is a finality to it all, Bioware has done an excellent job making it feel like this is the end of the line and everyone is ready to give their life for the end.

MINOR SPOILERS

I loved the awesome scene between Garrus and Shepard on the citadel, I let him win the shooting contest and it was hilarious. Such a great moment, I consider the two of them to be the closest friends in the series, no one has followed Shepard through more, so great to give them that moment. And to think you can ignore Garrus in ME1 and get him killed in ME2, I cant imagine what the game would be like.

Do yourself a favor. Before the last part of the game, and you'll know it, go see him at the batteries doing his 'calibrations'.

bengraven

I wonder if you can manipulate the ini into changing war assets to 100%.

Anyone else like me and checking on every character after every mission on the Normandy AND the Citadel? I love it.

Yeah, reminds me of old school RPGs in that I'm actually checking EVERYTHING and exploring EVERYWHERE after every single mission...and never being disappointed yet.

Dany

Banned
Anyone else like me and checking on every character after every mission on the Normandy AND the Citadel? I love it.

I had to stop doing that, because everyone always has SOMETHING to say about every mission, side mission. Especially when I didn't know if they would have anything new to say.

Also...any good .wav to .mp3 converter for macs anyone?

JoeBoy101

Last thing before I start my second playthrough:

Jack takes title for most improved character. Hell, I even thought she was okay in the second one.

Tess3ract

Banned
Well I disagree given what that ending does. The
green beam
ending clearly was the 'intended' 'best' ending.
Yup the ending where
shepard dies is the best ending.
All my previous investments are for nothing. Thanks.

/sarcasm

Yeah, reminds me of old school RPGs in that I'm actually checking EVERYTHING and exploring EVERYWHERE after every single mission...and never being disappointed yet.

No, but I did edit the ini file to give me 5000 points on a war asset instead of 15 when you obtain it. That way I never had to touch MP.

Carbonox

I agree with MiamiWesker regarding how alive the ship is. I loved the brief chat Garrus and the engineer had in the relaxation room at one point. I was like "Garrus, y u no calibrate?" :lol

Agreed on the notion that Jack has improved. I find her attractive now as well, haha. Though I wish she grew a full head of hair. :( Could have worn a bra as well. :lol

Tacitus_

Oh so that's like getting over 5k points. You get an extra clip?

4k if you stop
TIM
, 5k if you fail to stop him at the end of the game.

Give it a couple of weeks and there will be a hacked exe or a save editor to change that value.

Yup the ending where
shepard dies is the best ending.
All my previous investments are for nothing. Thanks.

/sarcasm

Well that's why I had best in quotes :lol - Bioware seems to think that it is the best ending give what you need to do to unlock it.

Yeah. Maxing the bar will get you the "best" ending. Getting 60% readiness will give you an extra clip on one of the "not best" endings.

The 50% on the main screen is a multiplier to your war assets that is controlled by multiplayer. So if you never play multiplayer, you'll get half value for all your war assets.

So good that they explained that bullshit. Oh no. Wait. They didn't.

(If she does a few token MP games, will that raise it by a lot?)

Tess3ract

Banned
4k if you stop
TIM
, 5k if you fail to stop him at the end of the game.

Give it a couple of weeks and there will be a hacked exe or a save editor to change that value.
It's already here. You just have to edit a war asset value. Change the starting strength for something to like 9999 before you pick up that war asset (such as kelly chambers)

Tacitus_

So good that they explained that bullshit. Oh no. Wait. They didn't.

(If she does a few token MP games, will that raise it by a lot?)

It's not that hard to deduce, you look your military strength, the multiplier and your EMS.
Supposedly the easiest difficulty MP matches will give you 4% readiness, so doing three matches before finishing the game will bump you over that (supposedly it decays a bit per day).

I've done like every sidequest there is, paragon'd almost everything, have a full reputation bar, and I'm still sitting at an EMS under 4k. Stupid.

Grisby

I'm actually really liking Mass Effect Infiltrator for those who care. The game is pretty fast-paced and it an arcadey take on the combat, awarding more points for using different combos and stringing together kills with certain weapons. You can upload intel to boost your battle readiness in ME3.

If you're looking to scratch that Mass Effect itch on the go, it's not bad by any means.

Ano-qeGCEAIRlGL.jpg
I'm gonna buy this momentarily. I'm in the middle of ME3 so the extra readiness or whatever could be a nice help.

bengraven

I've done like every sidequest there is, paragon'd almost everything, have a full reputation bar, and I'm still sitting at an EMS under 4k. Stupid.

Makes me nervous, though I still have like 2 dozen sidequests and I'm only halfway through the main story and I have 3700 points.

It's not that hard to deduce, you look your military strength, the multiplier and your EMS.
Supposedly the easiest difficulty MP matches will give you 4% readiness, so doing three matches before finishing the game will bump you over that (supposedly it decays a bit per day).

It does. Just do a MP match every day or two if you can. They're fun, and don't take long.

They didn't want to model a 3D model for just one picture, so I can't blame them. And the Shopping they did made her look a bit like a very popular fan rendition of her face. And in fairness, the stock model looks a lot like Tali's VA. So I'm like "whatever, the Tali fans can win this one".
But there is a scene where a fully rendered face would be perfect.
On Rannoch after successfully returning it to the Quarians, at the end Tali takes her mask off.
That would have been a perfect time to see her face properly. Can't see why they could'nt be arsed to do a proper job. Lazy I guess.

Dany

Banned
On Rannoch after successfully returning it to the Quarians, at the end Tali takes her mask off.
That would have been a perfect time to see her face properly. Can't see why they could'nt be arsed to do a proper job. Lazy I guess.

We shouldn't be able to see any quarians face anymore than we should be Master Chiefs face. It would only disappoint.

Agreed, that was such a perfect moment, that BW screwed up.

Darkgran

So am I crazy or do the side missions not update in the journal?

I completed a task and looked in my journal on where to return it and it didn't update. It said I still needed to collect item when I just picked it up.

Any answers to this?

Moaradin

So am I crazy or do the side missions not update in the journal?

I completed a task and looked in my journal on where to return it and it didn't update. It said I still needed to collect item when I just picked it up.

Any answers to this?

Some do, but most of the fetch ones don't.

Dartastic

Okay. Just started the main game. I have two questions, basically. One. What happens if Shepard dies in 2 and you try and play 3 and import your data? Two. What will I have to do to get the galaxy to full readiness? I just finished
Mars
so I'm still pretty early on, but I want to know what's up so I don't screw myself over.

The quest journal is absurdly underbaked compared to the one in ME2 that listed out the steps of each quest. Why they went backwards in this department, I have no clue.

Top Bottom