• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Thanks for having me proofread. I enjoyed getting a peak at the OT a couple days ago. It turned out great.

Man, this week is going to be the longest week ever. This is one of my most anticipated games ever.

Pollux

Well looks like I'm off to download Kingdoms of Amalur demo. What's so special about the armor and the rifle?

Also, any chance of just walking into Gamestop on the 6th and just getting a CE, no preorder.

Kyoufu

Well looks like I'm off to download Kingdoms of Amalur demo. What's so special about the armor and the rifle?

Also, any chance of just walking into Gamestop on the 6th and just getting a CE, no preorder.

Unique weapon and armour. They won't be used much but as a Mass Effect fan I like to collect everything I can provided it doesn't destroy my wallet.

Patryn

Has there been any word on how the former game’s choices are decided? Will there be a story set up in like ME2 were you choose who lived/died, etc.? Unfortunately I lost my ME2 save when my 360 HDD crashed a few months ago and haven’t had the time to run back through it. Hoping I can recreate it as close as possible with some setup in the beginning of ME3, though.

There will be something similar to the comic. I'm sure they'll allow you to save everyone through it, even though that seems to me to remove a little of the impact of having to get everything right to bring everyone back in ME2.

Kem0sabe

Maybe, I think that's part of the fun though actually. Shakes things up a bit :)

To each their own i guess. I very much value my time, especially the limited time i have for hobbies, so the risk of playing hours on end to in the end leave my character progression up to luck is not a very appealing prospect. :)

Thats why i like objective based progression. Want to unlock that cool sniper? go ahead and focus on getting it.

No_Style

Recently replayed the first two games in preparation for this momentous occasion.

And thanks for reminding me about the armor/weapon unlocks in the Amalur demo.

Still can't download the demo.

Download Error
We're sorry, but you do not meet the requirements to download this game.

There was a problem initiating your download. Please try again later.

We're sorry, but due to the German youth protection laws, this game may not be downloaded between 6:00 AM and 10:00 PM.

You already own this game. If it does not appear in your My Games library, please try the Refresh My Games option from the Settings menu.

We're sorry, this game is currently unavailable. The Origin store is experiencing unusually high load. Please try again later.

Great work EA.

Chances aren't great, Gamestops typically only receive CE allotments for preorders. And will most likely mock you if you even ask ie "DID YOU PREORDER IT? WHAT? LOLLLL".

You're much better off going to Best Buy as soon as they open and they'll hopefully either have copies on the shelf, or an employee can check the back for you. I've had some luck with CEs like that in the past. Although, this could potentially screw over those who have preordered the CE and some employee just grabs their copy without knowing. So stay out of PA. :p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Your going to die when you see weapons like the black widow and the gets sniper. The window is small time trust me

I think that the reason I didn't get into the MP too much was because I never unlocked anything that I could really use. I just kept getting attachments for weapons I didn't care for. Hopefully since the full game has more weapons that won't happen as much.

Patryn

Chances aren't great, Gamestops typically only receive CE allotments for preorders. And will most likely mock you if you even ask ie "DID YOU PREORDER IT? WHAT? LOLLLL".

You're much better off going to Best Buy as soon as they open and they'll hopefully either have copies on the shelf, or an employee can check the back for you. I've had some luck with CEs like that in the past. Although, this could potentially screw over those who have preordered the CE and some employee just grabs their copy without knowing. So stay out of PA. :p

Yeah, the CE has been unavailable for pre-order for at least a month now. Best Buy or something like that is your best/only shot at this point.

For once, the CE is really a limited edition.

There will be something similar to the comic. I'm sure they'll allow you to save everyone through it, even though that seems to me to remove a little of the impact of having to get everything right to bring everyone back in ME2.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, I could see that being a cool reward for saving everyone in ME2, but would lock too much content out from those who didn't finish the last one, or those who didn't save everyone. I did happen to save everyone my last playthrough, I just don't have the proof to back that up. So I hope they'll let me be honest and say everyone lived. :)

ShaneB

As been mentioned by others, I'm also going in fairly blind. The multiplayer demo sold me and that'll be a lot of fun, but replaying through 1 and 2 again has me wondering how the story is going to unfold. I guess the end of this trilogy is going to be crazy, if either in a silly way or just plain awesome.

Also it snuck up from nowhere, almost felt like a suprise when the demo was released and I realized the game is so close to coming out!

It'll also be a major switch for me, actually buying this on pc instead of 360.

elcranky

Banned
You fail to understand. I don't dislike ME's multiplayer. I dislike multiplayer in general.

HERE HERE. Multiplayer has been an overall net negative for my gaming tastes. Last good MP game was probably Duke 3D at which point the novelty wore off.

That said, ME MP is a good implementation given the inherent limitations of MP. However, I don't like it contributing to the GAW stat.

The real question is... will I be able to punch that reporter for the third time? As soon as I see her, no matter how paragon I am, POW, right in the kisser!

Anyways, waiting for my amazon credit from SSX to come in so I can pre order.

I wonder what Shepard will be tired of this time...
Snide Insinuations>Disingenuous Assertions>?
I read a few (imo) disconcerting bits of information in a thread posted by one of the people who snagged a space edition of Mass Effect 3. Unfortunately, I also came across a few major spoilers while scanning through the thread. The person who has a space edition wasn't posting spoilers since he's under NDA, but he was answering questions in a spoilers group at Bioware Social Network and plenty of people posted blatant spoilers from the leaked script. I guess I should have expected spoilers in a spoiler group, but I thought that specific thread would be relatively spoiler free since the person answering questions is restricted from posting major plot information, videos, etc. Anyway, according him, the Citadel is the only quest hub in Mass Effect 3. Also, he said that his first playthrough of the game (all missions completed) lasted 23 hours.

spekkeh

Banned
Mass Effect 3 review - Series' best yet, claims first verdict - German mag calls sequel "constantly thrilling"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/337440/mass-effect-3-review-series-best-yet-claims-first-verdict/

The first Mass Effect 3 review has arrived via German mag Gamestar, which calls the BioWare sequel "the most compelling experience in the franchise yet."

:D

So some local, foreign language and relatively unknown mag that posts the exclusive review reckons it will be the best thing ever?

I believe it.

I wonder what Shepard will be tired of this time...
Snide Insinuations>Disingenuous Assertions>?
I read a few (imo) disconcerting bits of information in a thread posted by one of the people who snagged a space edition of Mass Effect 3. Unfortunately, I also came across a few major spoilers while scanning through the thread. The person who has a space edition wasn't posting spoilers since he's under NDA, but he was answering questions in a spoilers group at Bioware Social Network and plenty of people posted blatant spoilers from the leaked script. I guess I should have expected spoilers in a spoiler group, but I thought that specific thread would be relatively spoiler free since the person answering questions is restricted from posting major spoilers, videos, etc. Anyway, according him, the Citadel is the only quest hub in Mass Effect 3. Also, he said that his first playthrough of the game (all missions completed) lasted 23 hours.

My guess is that the reporter will ask Shepard why she didn't do enough to stop the Reapers from arriving.

Have you tried the multiplayer? I immediately wrote it off initially and was a skeptic from the first time they announced it. After playing it, I couldn't be more wrong.

Hell I made a poll on BSN seeing who did and didn't want multiplayer, when most people were against it, me included.

I actually love the MP. I would be playing much more if the progress carried over.

swagkzc52.png

swagkzc52.png

swagkzc52.png

So some local, foreign language and relatively unknown mag that posts the exclusive review reckons it will be the best thing ever?

I believe it.

I kinda trust this review for one thing, they gave ME1 a 85 and ME2 a 88, so they're not the tipically 10 10 10 PR type of review.

Great OT.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Download Error
We're sorry, but you do not meet the requirements to download this game.

There was a problem initiating your download. Please try again later.

We're sorry, but due to the German youth protection laws, this game may not be downloaded between 6:00 AM and 10:00 PM.

You already own this game. If it does not appear in your My Games library, please try the Refresh My Games option from the Settings menu.

We're sorry, this game is currently unavailable. The Origin store is experiencing unusually high load. Please try again later.

I... um...
*facepalm*

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Great OT.
I don't really like the series that much, but have the third part pre-ordered and my saves ready. I wonder if it'll take me 3-4 tries to start playing it, like with ME 1 and 2.

Great OT.
I don't really like the series that much, but have the third part pre-ordered and my saves ready. I wonder if it'll take me 3-4 tries to start playing it, like with ME 1 and 2.

Why? I'd never continue playing a game for a series I don't really like. Personally, that's like me going out and preordering the next Final Fantasy. *shudder*

Kyoufu

Hell yes, I'm already coming up with builds for mine. Hopefully Stasis is still available as a Bonus Power. How godlike would Stasis bubble + Charge + Nova be?

God tier, but I might use Singularity instead. I'm not sure yet.

edit: Is it true that you can pick a bonus power on your first playthrough if you import a file?

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody know from where you'll be able to buy the day 1 DLC on PC? My friend only has the regular version pre-ordered on Origin so he'll need it separately. We can't find it on Origin or on the Bioware site.

I know that ME2's DLC was bought through the Bioware store but now that Origin supports DLC I wonder where ME3's DLC will end up.

A bit of shameless self-quoting since my post got lost in another ME1 Vs ME2 Vs ME3 fight lol. Anybody know what's up with that DLC?

Darkgran

I can't believe this is coming out in a week. Where has the time gone?

Anyway, I can't wait for this. Played the demo and was impressed. Hopefully the story turns out good.

Kyoufu

Does anyone know if selecting a new game will still recognise my accomplishments in ME2?

I know ME2 still does even if you don't choose NG+. I was able to start a new campaign with different decisions and still have access to all the NG+ bonuses, but will that be the case for ME3? I'd like the bonuses that you'd get for carrying a save file from ME2 over.

The Widow and Carnifex are easily the best weapons in the demo, by incredible margins. I hear from a dev on the Bioware social network that the demo only showcases half of the weapons / gear things that are available on the full game.

The Widow and the Carnifex were the best weapons in ME2, so no surprise there!

Lothars

I am pumped, I have my 360 collectors edition preordered and my strategy guide as well, I did cancel my PC collectors but I will get that eventually or if I don't that's fine to.

I'm very confused about how I should approach this one...

ME was a late-bloomer for me, as I had no idea what it was really about until later. Long story short, it was one of the biggest surprises/successes for me personally this generation. ME2 was a slight letdown, but I loved the atmosphere and some of the locale. The demo for 3 DID NOT impress, but with Clint Mansell doing some of the music, and wanting to finish the trilogy, I feel like I need to play this. I did enjoy the combat this time around, but that's not what I'm looking for from ME.

Top Bottom