• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
It's also sorta confirmed that Mac and Casey were talking to each other about the end from The Final Hours. Mac says that he and Casey decided against answering questions related to the Reapers because they wanted a high-level conversation. Obviously, they were both full of hot air.

So what was the deal with downloadable content dog?

Was that the lamest DLC pack-in ever?

Please advise.
I thought that was only for CE.

Well I just finished another ME2 playthrough, and just started playing ME3 again with the newly imported Shepard... and fuck, I think I would rather replay ME2 again. The buildup and execution of the ending is vastly more satisfying than ME3.

Dresden

Well I just finished another ME2 playthrough, and just started playing ME3 again with the newly imported Shepard... and fuck, I think I would rather replay ME2 again. The buildup and execution of the ending is vastly more satisfying than ME3.

The ending of the trilogy aside, I don't think I can go back to the loooooong cooldowns of the second game. Or the lack of rolls.

If the posting on Penny Arcade is accurate, Patrick Weekes (one of the character writers) said that the entire game was a collaborative writing effort except for the ending in which Walters and Hudson locked themselves in a room and churned out the ending without allowing anyone to revise it. Weekes' post said he didn't like the ending, but I definitely think Hudson and Walters thought that they were ending the series in an emotional and thought provoking way.

I respect the fact they tried. But it's too bad they didn't decide to finish the ending (writing + some productization, maybe voice acting and some graphical work), present it to at least the writers team, let it sink for a bit, and ask for feedback. If they were going to go with that kind of bizarro ending, they needed to make sure they were doing it with touch, as firehawk said above.

Casey especially strikes me as a 'visioneer' kind of guy, creative people who generate lot of very good and very bad ideas, and somehow lack the perspective to separate the wheat from the chaff.

The ending of the trilogy aside, I don't think I can go back to the loooooong cooldowns of the second game. Or the lack of rolls.

Actually I rolled a soldier for the first time ever, so cooldowns weren't really an issue. Gameplay wise it didn't feel all that different to ME3.

Actually I rolled a soldier for the first time ever, so cooldowns weren't really an issue. Gameplay wise it didn't feel all that different to ME3.

Yeah, what's a cooldown? I was a soldier the entire trilogy, all playthroughs (1 and 2 twice, 3 once). Never ordered my teammates to even use their own powers, really, except when the stupid game basically made me do it just to teach me how.

Lol, my soldier in 3 has much longer cool downs than in 2. I have Fortification as my bonus power, and I'm carrying the Revenant, Black Widow, Graal, Tempest, and Scorpion. I already had like -150% recharge with just the Black Widow and Revenant, so I decided to go all-out.

So what was the deal with downloadable content dog?

Was that the lamest DLC pack-in ever?

Please advise.

I kept expecting the dog would eventually become a war asset. It looked somewhat cool in a goofy kind of way, but it sucked there was zero interaction with it. I at least wanted to play fetch, or teach it to bite james or something.

Well, the hoodie was at least functional in that Shephard could wear it. The dog ...
Yeah, what's up with not even being ale to interact with it? Bull

Yeah, what's a cooldown? I was a soldier the entire trilogy, all playthroughs (1 and 2 twice, 3 once). Never ordered my teammates to even use their own powers, really, except when the stupid game basically made me do it just to teach me how.

Don't use your squadmate's powers? You're making it much harder lol

Replicant

Wasn't the dog originally meant to be additional party member to help you out during mission battles? Just like the dogs who attacked you at the beginning of ME2 but now it's on your side and attacks the enemies instead.

Yeah, what's up with not even being ale to interact with it? Bull

Don't use your squadmate's powers? You're making it much harder lol

It wasn't exactly hard. I just play normal.

Actually, what was hard was that it never struck me until the very end of Earth when I was getting swarmed by brutes and banshees to even use my non-disruptor ammo powers. Who knew Incendiary would burn right through those beasts? Eh, live and learn.

MC Safety

I kept expecting the dog would eventually become a war asset. It looked somewhat cool in a goofy kind of way, but it sucked there was zero interaction with it. I at least wanted to play fetch, or teach it to bite james or something.

I expected much the same on Tuchanka with the varren in Mass Effect 2.

It would have been amusing to see Shephard's menagerie hanging out in his cabin: fish, the space hamster, the varren, the robo dog.

I expected much the same on Tuchanka with the varren in Mass Effect 2.

It would have been amusing to see Shephard's menagerie hanging out in his cabin: fish, the space hamster, the varren, the robo dog.

pretty sure ti would have ended with all being dead but one (probably the robodog or the varren).

Omega

Banned
About as lame as the hoodie that no one wore in-game because the leather jacket/jeans combo was in the default game.

I wore the in-game hoodie. My Shepard was not going to wear skinny jeans..

Now the dog on the other hand. Absolutely useless. You couldn't interact with it in any way, and you barely see it. Would have made more sense to be in the captains cabin. Who would go down to the 5th floor? It's just Vega and Cortez. Oh yeah..I'm so anxious to go down and talk to them

Just beat it. They fucking color coded the "choose your own ending"? I mean why do things have to be so black and white, can't they have chosen one universal ending and just stuck with it?

rdrr gnr

Oh man, check out this excerpt from Blizzard's StarCraft-themed April Fool's joke:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/supplydepot/
KuGsj.gif

::bow::

Khal_B

Tell me about it. Finishing up a 5th playthrough at the moment of ME2 for a ME3 import, and well, I highly doubt I'll go through ME3 as many times.

Top Bottom