• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

It gives credence to the theory that Bioware were lazy bumblefucks. In that people that were just with me on the ground walked out of that damn ship.

But yes your LI and characters you play a lot with will step out.

For some reason, Javik stepped out for me. I played with him twice. I played every single other mission (except for the few with Tali or EDI) with Garrus and Liara, but Garrus never showed up.

Just thought it was weird, since it does seem that the most common sidekick normally shows up.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
For some reason, Javik stepped out for me. I played with him twice. I played every single other mission (except for the few with Tali or EDI) with Garrus and Liara, but Garrus never showed up.

Just thought it was weird, since it does seem that the most common sidekick normally shows up.
It seems to be the LI plus one of your squad mates, but Javik is seen a lot in the videos.

Did everyone with the Destroy ending have their romance step out of the Normandy behind Joker? And did this happen at the control ending as well? I'm wondering whether this gives credence to the indoctrination story or not.

The indoc theory is 100% accurate. Don't listen to hateradio, he's like TIM.

spekkeh

Banned
Yeah that would destroy it. I'm not too bothered by it, cause I didn't really mind the ending, gave me the closure I needed. I am apprehensive that the backlash results in EA, even more than now, going for the safe focustested option in every part of the game.

hateradio

Yeah that would destroy it. I'm not too bothered by it, cause I didn't really mind the ending, gave me the closure I needed. I am apprehensive that the backlash results in EA, even more than now, going for the safe focustested option in every part of the game.
How can they focus test anything within a two-year release cycle?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

If they actually focus tested the ending, it wouldnt be this shit. The ending is an argument FOR focus testing.

spekkeh

Banned
How can they focus test anything within a two-year release cycle?

This is a focustest of sorts for future games. The next games will have a dreadful Fallout like ending where you see short clips of how your actions panned out, ultimately making it mean even less because there's no narrative arc anymore.

Sojgat

Did everyone with the Destroy ending have their romance step out of the Normandy behind Joker? And did this happen at the control ending as well? I'm wondering whether this gives credence to the indoctrination story or not.

No I got Vega, Joker and Liara, I romanced Jack. So I have no Idea what it's based on, maybe the characters you had in your party the most? The only way it lends credence to the indoctrination theory is that it seems so nonsensical that it comes off as dreamlike, and then shepard wakes up.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
This is a focustest of sorts for future games. The next games will have a dreadful Fallout like ending where you see short clips of how your actions panned out, ultimately making it mean even less because there's no narrative arc anymore.

There is no arc. Just a sinkhole the narrative falls into, snaps its neck and dies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
No I got Vega, Joker and Liara, I romanced Jack. So I have no Idea what it's based on, maybe the characters you had in your party the most? The only way it lends credence to the indoctrination theory is that it seems so nonsensical that it comes off as dreamlike, and then shepard wakes up.

Your LI actually has to be a ship member. Why would Jack be on the Normandy?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Damn it, damn it, damn it.

I just can't believe how Bioware can inject so many wrong just in the last 1% part of the franchise that it can completely invalidated the many rights they have put in the other 99%.

I still could not and cannot believe this.

Goddamnit.

This is also what happened with me with Dragon Age. DA: Origins was one of my most played game in this gen and all the goodwill they managed to create for me in that game instantly vaporized due to the filth that is Dragon Age 2.

Goddamnit I feel like a stupid donkey to fell into the same whole twice.

hateradio

This is also what happened with me with Dragon Age. DA: Origins was one of my most played game in this gen and all the goodwill they managed to create for me in that game instantly vaporized due to the filth that is Dragon Age 2.

Goddamnit I feel like a stupid donkey to fell into the same whole twice.
That's what I think is affecting the situation. People who have been disappointed by ME2, DA2, and ME3's ending are probably the ones who are most vocal about this situation.

In the meantime, would you like to take the poll?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=36517013#post36517013

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So... apparently they cut out the Joker swooping in to save the day--if your EMS is high enough--which can explain how the rest of the team members can get into Normandy despite the fact they're running with Shepard side by side on that conduit mad dash?

I swear I'm gonna wreck so many things if they're planning to DLC the ending. Fuck that shit.

That's what I think is affecting the situation. People who have been disappointed by ME2, DA2, and ME3's ending are probably the ones who are most vocal about this situation.

In the meantime, would you like to take the poll?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=36517013#post36517013

Ah ok sure why not?

What color did you pick? R/G/B ---> Green. But honestly my mind was just so full of WHAT THE HELL that kind of just... I don't know. Guess it felt like I didn't really care.

How do you feel about the ending? Like/Dislike/Hate/Neutral (Indifferent) --> Hate. Please describe why you feel this way. --> What an idiotic 'reward' for my Paragon Shepard. Stupid, idiotic, useless ending that completely invalidated many if not all major plot points in the game.

Are you indoctrinated (believe in the theory)? Yes/No --> Hmm haven't read about this theory since I just finished this last night and I don't have the energy to Google this thing. Can you elaborate about it if you don't mind?

In general will you buy ME3 DLC? Y/N --> extra missions, weapons, costumes: fuck no. Ending --> My initial reaction is fuck no but goddamnit if it can help soothen this wound...

Would you buy a revised interactive ending DLC? Y/N --> Don't know... but probably yes.

Have you played previous ME games? Y/N --> Yes, multiple times, hundred of hours.

In what order have you played the games? 1, 2, 3 --> In order. 1, 2, 3. Lost count of how many times I replayed the first 2.

Favorite game in the trilogy? --> Goddamnit this is a difficult one. 1 was very memorable but too many gameplay faults. Mass Effect 2 featured much improved gameplay that I enjoyed but lots of faults too... Mass Effect 3 is a very enjoyable game with so many incredible and awesome moments but that one ending minutes incredibly soured my experience with it. If I have to choose I guess Mass Effect 2 won in the end... goddamnit if not for the ending Mass Effect 3 will get the honor no problem.

def sim

So... apparently they cut out the Joker swooping in to save the day--if your EMS is high enough--which can explain how the rest of the team members can get into Normandy despite the fact they're running with Shepard side by side on that conduit mad dash?

I swear I'm gonna wreck so many things if they're planning to DLC the ending. Fuck that shit.

Joker swoops in, picks my ground team up, and runs away. That's not really any better.

I had the control ending, and I had Liara (My romance) step out, then I had Kaiden step out, apparently your most used squad mate is the one steps out second, although this doesn't make sense for me as I probably used James more, although he was with me in the final battle, so he could have died.....but then again so was Liara.

Okay so even if BW is working on fixing the ending, how can they on a technical and narrative level? Do they cut the game to just before holo kid. Do they have Sheppard wake up from the Citadel explosion. Do they introduce Mass Relay wormholes left by the relay explosions? I mean, theyve written themselves into a corner.

Would it be appropriate for us to speculate on possibilities?

Moaradin

Okay so even if BW is working on fixing the ending, how can they on a technical and narrative level? Do they cut the game to just before holo kid. Do they have Sheppard wake up from the Citadel explosion. Do they introduce Mass Relay wormholes left by the relay explosions? I mean, theyve written themselves into a corner.

Would it be appropriate for us to speculate on possibilities?

Indoctrination theory is the only way they could come up with a 100% new ending while keeping the current ending without completely replacing it.

Indoctrination theory is the only way they could come up with a 100% new ending while keeping the current ending without completely replacing it.

Forgive my ignorance, cuz I only finished thie yesterday, but what is the Indoctrination theory and how did it come about?

hateradio

Forgive my ignorance, cuz I only finished thie yesterday, but what is the Indoctrination theory and how did it come about?
Don't fall for it, man!

I think they'll make a few changes, but we won't know what until PAX or sometime this month.

Are you indoctrinated (believe in the theory)? Yes/No --> Hmm haven't read about this theory since I just finished this last night and I don't have the energy to Google this thing. Can you elaborate about it if you don't mind?
It's a conspiracy theory that states that Shep is indoctrinated in the end, and that everything after the beam is false. I think it's very easy to believe for people who can't accept the end.

JonnyBrad

I wonder how Drew K. feels about the ending, since being a novelest he should have a better understanding in how a narrative goes together. Probably thinks it's a shit burger, but doesn't want to say so, and burn any bridges s with his former company.

He mentioned on twitter he hasn't played it and won't until the summer. However he might have played it and is keeping his peace I'm sure he has a lot of friends at Bioware.

I seem to remember he did a blog post that at mentioned at end of ME1 production they didn't have a firm idea which way to go with the reapers so it wasn't set in stone. He also confirmed Dark Energy was on the table at some point.

Its pretty clear that as his involvement lessened that the plot and comics started to go downhill fast though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's a conspiracy theory that states that Shep is indoctrinated in the end, and that everything after the beam is false. I think it's very easy to believe for people who can't accept the end.

Alright just Googled it.

My honest opinion about it? Either way it won't reflect well for Bioware, though. First, I am more inclined to think that no, Bioware is not that smart or cunning. And second, even if by chance this theory is correct and the final scenes "is just an imagination" and Bioware decided to put that in as ending DLC knowing about it beforehand, I don't think that would not fly well with many people too.

Sojgat

I just don't see a way in which Bioware can salvage the ending. Anything they do will just make things worse. Indoctrination theory is awful, writing some new ending based on fan feedback is awful, the ending they have now is awful and expanding on it won't help anything.

Moaradin

Alright just Googled it.

My honest opinion about it? Either way it won't reflect well for Bioware, though. First, I am more inclined to think that no, Bioware is not that smart or cunning. And second, even if by chance this theory is correct and the final scenes "is just an imagination" and Bioware decided to put that in as ending DLC knowing about it beforehand, I don't think that would not fly well with many people too.

Na, Bioware put themselves in a bad position and the only way to get away with the Indoc ending and not have people go crazy over DLC ending would be to make it free, which is very unlikely. I still think it would be the best for the franchise though. The current ending hurts the Mass Effect franchise as a whole, not just ME3. If they stick with current ending, the interest for future Mass Effect games will be damaged because of it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Na, Bioware put themselves in a bad position and the only way to get away with the Indoc ending and not have people go crazy over DLC ending would be to make it free, which is very unlikely. I still think it would be the best for the franchise though. The current ending hurts the Mass Effect franchise as a whole, not just ME3. If they stick with current ending, the interest for future Mass Effect games will be damaged because of it.

Believe me--at least for myself, it hurts much more than just a franchise. This is end-my-relationship-with-that-fucking-company material.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Holy crap. How much credence is this theory?

It's cool, but Bioware didn't plan it (and that's the most important part). I liked it waaay early when it was just a couple big interesting things, but then it started devolving into fake moon landing proportions. I'm surprised there aren't numerology links by now.

Id rather take a Indoctrination theory and a new ending with Mass Relays still in existance than the shit we got. Blow up earth if they want, kill Sheppard, destroy the Normandy. But keep the Universe alive.

Bowdz

Holy crap. How much credence is this theory? I mean, there were things brought up that I noticed during my playthrough that didnt make sense to me.

As much as you want to give it. We know that Walters planned to have an ambiguous ending from this:

yTeXw.jpg

And base on statements by the Dr. and Hudson, it sounds like the ending we got is it. With that being said, I think Bioware should adopt indoc theory to fix this clusterfuck and save the series.

hateradio

It's cool, but Bioware didn't plan it (and that's the most important part). I liked it waaay early when it was just a couple big interesting things, but then it started devolving into fake moon landing proportions. I'm surprised there aren't numerology links by now.
You mean the M1M thing? I lost the link to that thread.

As much as you want to give it. We know that Walters planned to have an ambiguous ending from this:

http://i.imgur.com/yTeXw.jpg

And base on statements by the Dr. and Hudson, it sounds like the ending we got is it. With that being said, I think Bioware should adopt indoc theory to fix this clusterfuck and save the series.
Here's a bigger image.

https://minus.com/mbxm0TCIq/144f

I think most of us would rather have that.
You guys need to learn to let go. Let go. Let go~.

Fortunately, there are only a few of you guys here, 17 so far.

GorillaJu

I'm sure it's already been posted, but I just saw that line in this year's Blizzard April Fool's joke "Multiple endings, each influenced by your choices and color-coded for your convenience! (Further epic endings planned for post release as downloadable content.)" and I busted up a bit.

Anyway, fuck you Bioware. :(

Zen

Banned
A bunch of my friends were telling me that they're changing the ending outright, but I haven't seen anything on the internet, did I miss something? I mwan I know about the term 'ending initiatives' and the Bioware PR release a couple days back, but my friends are acting like some new development occurred, are they just misinformed?

hateradio

2) or you believe the people at Bioware went loco.
I completely took it out of my mind that James said that. It's an indicator.

After DA2, it's really not hard to imagine it.

A bunch of my friends were telling me that they're changing the ending outright, but I haven't seen anything on the internet, did I miss something? I mwan I know about the term 'ending initiatives' and the Bioware PR release a couple days back, but my friends are acting like some new development occurred, are they just misinformed?
I don't think there's anything new. However, someone from BSN allegedly talked to one of the voice actors at some con in Sweden, who told him/her that there would be something good at PAX. Who knows if that's true or not.

Edit: Here's the link.

Finally, he said Bioware are planning to announce something big and amazing at PAX next friday.

Don't get your hopes up. :|

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...iksen-Hackett039s-voice-actor-10869458-1.html

Zen

Banned
It's a truth that shall own everyone soon, making many disbelievers eat crow, that's what.

Regardless what naysayers will have you believe, the evidence is still overwhelming and there's not much that can refute it.

People do say ' well ME3 had tons of logical inconsistencies before the ending sequence' but I've never really seen them put forward. I've heard people cite the Adar Yakshi thing in ME3, but the codex in ME2 did say that they were approx 1% of the population and generally didn't develop psychopathy until their maiden phase.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/...ge&_cgifunction=search&MassEffect2_Codex.id=2

So it would make sense that they had a compound and that Samara's other two daughters weren't psychopaths (yet) as they were still very young.

vareon

Ah, there's a poll?

[*]What color did you pick?
Green

[*]How do you feel about the ending? Like/Dislike/Hate/Neutral (Indifferent)
Neutral

[*]Please describe why you feel this way.
I felt it closes the story of Shepard--the actions I took during the last moments of the game pretty much aligns with my Shepard, he'll not destroy all synthetics nor destroy the reapers. I wished I could see a few moments of my friends and choices, though. So I didn't like it, but definitely won't spend my energy hating it.

[*]Are you indoctrinated (believe in the theory)? Yes/No
No

[*]In general will you buy ME3 DLC? Y/N
Unless I plan a replay, don't think so. My Shepard's story is finished, it would be weird if he suddenly did anything else.

[*]Would you buy a revised interactive ending DLC? Y/N
Unless I will replay the game, no.

[*]Have you played previous ME games? Y/N
Yes

[*]In what order have you played the games? 1, 2, 3
1-2-3

[*]Favorite game in the trilogy?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
You know, if Bioware does try to claim the indoctrination theory is true, they better have proof they aren't just following the crazy theorists.

Ah, there's a poll?
I felt it closes the story of Shepard--the actions I took during the last moments of the game pretty much aligns with my Shepard, he'll not destroy all synthetics nor destroy the reapers.

But he has no problem forcing a physical and most likely mental change on every living thing in the galaxy and some inanimate objects.

Zen

Banned
You know, if Bioware does try to claim the indoctrination theory is true, they better have proof they aren't just following the crazy theorists.

But he has no problem forcing a physical and most likely mental change on every living thing in the galaxy and some inanimate objects.
To be a fair it'd be much more annoyed if they just inserted some dialogue with the Starchild giving BS reasoning for <insert top 5 logical complaints here now pick a color>, but that really still wouldn't solve anything.

Ah, there's a poll?

[*]What color did you pick?
RED

[*]How do you feel about the ending? Like/Dislike/Hate/Neutral (Indifferent)
NEGATIVE
It's terribly written and full of plot holes, no matter what ending you choose it ruins the fiction, universe, and billions of lives.

[*]Are you indoctrinated (believe in the theory)? Yes/No
Yes (I think this question is poorly presented, as I don't 'believe' that it's the truth, but it is a distinct possibility, and would be better than the ending we got)

[*]In general will you buy ME3 DLC? Y/N
Pre ending DLC: only if the ending is amended to something taht doesn't render my investment useless. Post Ending DLC: Ending would have to be amending, obviously, but I'd have slight interest in some weird post ending DLC side cahracter or something, if they really aren't going to change the ending itself and leave Shepard dead.

[*]Would you buy a revised interactive ending DLC? Y/N
...maybe, it will depend on the scope of it and what it does. Yes, but it should be free.

[*]Have you played previous ME games? Y/N
All of the main games

[*]In what order have you played the games? 1, 2, 3
1-2-3

[*]Favorite game in the trilogy?
1 is the best for its time, 2 is a better game now.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

I admit I'd laugh hard if they just say "Yeah, it was IT all along. All that stuff that you guys found was totally clues, we swear."

But in all honesty, if they did, I'm betting Keighley's final hours app will update. Who knows, maybe the game journalists were in on it the whole time, and helping us to feel the hopelessness and anger of indoctrination.

I don't believe a word of what I just wrote.

Top Bottom