• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

MYeager

They used the Relays, same as everyone else.

To go from one system to another, but as far as fuel and discharging static electricity they would still face these problems. 50,000 ships constantly on the move must use up a fair amount of fuel, and given that they pool credits for ship repairs the Quarians aren't exactly a money rich race. How do you manage to discharge the static of 50,000 ships? I imagine going into orbit with that many would be considered by many races to be a threat.

So either they must have a way around those issues in the 300 years they've been floating in space, otherwise they'd be cooked and/or out of fuel already.

Would now be a good time to announce my candidacy for Citadel Council?

http://social.bioware.com/uploads_user/741000/740385/30367.gif[img][/QUOTE]

As long as you're not planning on selling us out to Cerberus again, I'm all for it.

[quote="MYeager, post: 36582220"]To go from one system to another, but as far as fuel and discharging static electricity they would still face these problems. 50,000 ships constantly on the move must use up a fair amount of fuel, and given that they pool credits for ship repairs the Quarians aren't exactly a money rich race. How do you manage to discharge the static of 50,000 ships? I imagine going into orbit with that many would be considered by many races to be a threat.

So either they must have a way around those issues in the 300 years they've been floating in space, otherwise they'd be cooked and/or out of fuel already.[/QUOTE]

I think they just use unsettled planets for drive discharge. If they have to use a habited world, they'll make a request or something. I'm pretty sure you could see quarian ships discharging their drive cores in the sky of Korlus, where you recruit Okeer/Grunt.

Myomoto

Seems pretty clear to me. Just cause the Alpha Relay causes a bigger explosion doesnt mean the other relays wouldnt cause massive devastation as well.

Dude, when you see the scene of the chain reaction, you can easily see the explosions reach out to about 5% of the galaxy's width, which would be something like 5000 ly. The explosions are ridiculously huge, MUCH bigger than regular supernova.

To go from one system to another, but as far as fuel and discharging static electricity they would still face these problems. 50,000 ships constantly on the move must use up a fair amount of fuel, and given that they pool credits for ship repairs the Quarians aren't exactly a money rich race. How do you manage to discharge the static of 50,000 ships? I imagine going into orbit with that many would be considered by many races to be a threat.

So either they must have a way around those issues in the 300 years they've been floating in space, otherwise they'd be cooked and/or out of fuel already.

They wouldn't discharge in just one magnetic field. I'm sure they would use any planet, inhabited or not, to discharge static electricity. They probably have it set up so that only a part of the fleet has to discharge.

Rapstah

Dude, when you see the scene of the chain reaction, you can easily see the explosions reach out to about 5% of the galaxy's width, which would be something like 5000 ly. The explosions are ridiculously huge, MUCH bigger than regular supernova.

And since you can see the explosions in that cut scene it's already breaking physics.

nel e nel

Because they enter systems from time to time to get the fuel. And they make heavy use of mass relays. And they arent constantly moving. They often sit in a system for a while. And they didnt have the entire fuel infrastructure pew pewed to bits by death machines before.

Not to mention that whole inertia thing in space. You could just do one big ass blast from the thrusters and coast the rest of the way, doing smaller blasts to change/correct your course.

At the end of the game, after you make your choice about to do with the Reapers, is there any specific reason certain squad members flashback? In my case, Anderson, Joker, and Liara flashed back. At first, I though it was because they died, but that didn't make sense because Joker made it out and I never really saw what happened to Liara.

Hartt951

At the end of the game, after you make your choice about to do with the Reapers, is there any specific reason certain squad members flashback? In my case, Anderson, Joker, and Liara flashed back. At first, I though it was because they died, but that didn't make sense because Joker made it out and I never really saw what happened to Liara.
Well, from what I've read so far, it's default Anderson and Joker and then the last one is your LI but only if they're on the Normandy. If you don't have a LI, your LI is dead or you romanced someone not on the Normandy it is defaulted back to Liara. (No Miranda flashback for me :( )

It's supposed to be Anderson, Joker, and your LI, however I do know that there was a bug from before launcher where if you romanced anyone else besides Ashley, Kaidan, or Liara, it would revert to Liara. So if you romanced Tali, Liara would show up instead.

Grisby

It's supposed to be Anderson, Joker, and your LI, however I do know that there was a bug from before launcher where if you romanced anyone else besides Ashley, Kaidan, or Liara, it would revert to Liara. So if you romanced Tali, Liara would show up instead.
Ah yeah. That happened to me. Tali was no where to be found. (well she showed up in the normandy, despite being with me on the ground?)

A small detail, but it made go wtf, "why am I thinking of Liara?", in my last few moments.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ah yeah. That happened to me. Tali was no where to be found. (well she showed up in the normandy, despite being with me on the ground?)

A small detail, but it made go wtf, "why am I thinking of Liara?", in my last few moments.

Since its the only member that can't die in either ME1 or ME2, i guess they went the lazy route?

MYeager

They wouldn't discharge in just one magnetic field. I'm sure they would use any planet, inhabited or not, to discharge static electricity. They probably have it set up so that only a part of the fleet has to discharge.

Sure, so then they know how to effectively coordinate a large force with static electricity. According to the wiki about Mass Effect, there are also space stations, and other facilities where this can be discharged. If they have every major scientist there for the Crucible, would it not be possible for them to create discharging stations that could be carried with the fleet?

The logical extension of that would be to try and pool as many resources together to then make it to the nearest fueling station in order to try and start rebuilding a fuel infrastructure. There are still fuel stations, with ships there that were left to protect them as best as possible when the final assualt began.

It doesn't take much more of a stretch of the imagination to get there than it is to come up with ways that the Quarian fleet are able to afford fuel and discharge energy. There are much larger plot holes within the entire series that I don't have much of a problem with the whole stranded armies thing. Hell, at this point they could just says they found more Prothean information on Mars that allows for infinite fuel, static discharge, and cures space AIDS.

MYeager

Heh, I romanced Ashley and still got Liara

nel e nel

Question : did the Geth would have been eradicated by the Reapers ? They are not advanced organics...

Ha! Just talked about this on the last page. In ME1 during the conversation with Vigil, he theorizes that they were going to use the Heretics to replace the Keepers on the Citadel.

After the Protheans broke Sovereign's hold over the keepers, and the keepers evolved so that they only accepted commands from the Citadel, the Reaper realized organic races were difficult to control. It found the geth to be suitable replacements as servants, and exploited their religious beliefs. Saren claimed that, although they were viewed disparagingly by Sovereign, the geth were valuable as tools, and would therefore survive the Reaper invasion because they were useful.

Rufus

The hellscape in the Citadel's bowels looked like the Keepers seemed to be doing their job just fine. Whatever that was.

If we take Star Child at face value they would have had to eradicate the Geth, too.

It doesn't take much more of a stretch of the imagination to get there than it is to come up with ways that the Quarian fleet are able to afford fuel and discharge energy.
Well ships tend to stay within clusters of stars and use the relays to get to other clusters. They don't use FTL drives to get from one cluster to another because there is too much space in between with nowhere to discharge. With the relays gone, they won't be able to travel to another cluster without cooking themselves alive.

Hell, at this point they could just says they found more Prothean information on Mars that allows for infinite fuel, static discharge, and cures space AIDS.
I think that's taking it a little too far

Since its the only member that can't die in either ME1 or ME2, i guess they went the lazy route?

I assumed that was the case. But at that point I was past caring.

If it is meant to show your LI, then I find it amusing that they couldn't even come with a trainwreck of an ending without it being bugged.

Where's a .gif of Shepard closing his eyes and looking at the ground as you leave Earth when I need one?

tumblr_m1kfb7eZqA1r436hfo2_500.jpg

tumblr_m1kfb7eZqA1r436hfo5_500.jpg

tumblr_m1kfb7eZqA1r436hfo6_500.jpg

The hellscape in the Citadel's bowels looked like the Keepers seemed to be doing their job just fine. Whatever that was.

If we take Star Child at face value they would have had to eradicate the Geth, too.

I kind of assumed that the Geth would have been forced to evolve into a reaper, or at least into a fully synthetic replacement for the collectors. Either way Legion makes it known that the reapers are basically indoctrinating them and the reaper evolutionary path is not the one the geth want to go down.

MYeager

I think that's taking it a little too far

How so? The entire series is predicated on a series of poorly explained plot devices that were used to push the momentum of the story forward, compared to some of the other things that happen in the series, it wouldn't be too difficult to whip up an explanation on how the scientists who created the Crucible from IKEA instructions were able to find a way to make it to the nearest fuel depot.

How so? The entire series is predicated on a series of poorly explained plot devices that were used to push the momentum of the story forward, compared to some of the other things that happen in the series, it wouldn't be too difficult to whip up an explanation on how the scientists who created the Crucible from IKEA instructions were able to find a way to make it to the nearest fuel depot.

In terms of being a satisfying explanation for stuff: it is taking it too far. In terms of Bioware's writing ability: it's not.

And I don't think they can ever cure space AIDS.

Sounds like I got hit by the bug then. I romanced the new messenger girl on the Normandy of ME3. Well, at least I figured out why those three show up.

Haunted

get your tinfoil hats on!

controlend.jpg

End_Choice_BadA_01.jpg
holy shit pillars

I don't get it.

edit: oh, it's the bad moniker? Yeah sure, what do you expect the two endings you always get to be compared to the third one that only unlocks after reaching certain requirements? I always said that synthesis is obviously the best ending.

Maybe control is BadA and Destroy is BadB. Makes sense with Bioware seemingly insisting that Synthesis is the good ending for which you do not need to play MP.
That's the obvious conclusion.

Complistic

holy shit pillars

I don't get it.

edit: oh, it's the bad moniker? Yeah sure, what do you expect the two endings you always get to be compared to the third one that only unlocks after reaching certain requirements? I always said that synthesis is obviously the best ending.

That's the obvious conclusion.

Looks like the other meshes aren't called good or bad, just that one.

Also I don't personally feel they were going for the indoctrination thing. I just stumbled across this.

Vamphuntr

Wasn't it obvious the synthesis ending was the one Bioware considered the best? You can't get the ending at all unless you have like 3000 EMS. The 2 seconds cutscene where you live in the destruction ending is probably an easter egg.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Sounds like I got hit by the bug then. I romanced the new messenger girl on the Normandy of ME3. Well, at least I figured out why those three show up.

As far as I know there are only clips of Anderson, Joker, Liara, Kaiden and Ashley.

You always get Anderson and Joker followed by either of the other three, if you romance either Kaiden or Ashley you get their respective clips, if you romanced Liara or anyone else you will get Liara regardless.

Just another thing Bioware did for some unknown reason, we don't know why they didn't include clips of any of the other romance options and seeing as they are so short I imagine it can't have been a space issue and was just more of Bioware being Lazy.

DTKT

As far as I know there are only clips of Anderson, Joker, Liara, Kaiden and Ashley.

You always get Anderson and Joker followed by either of the other three, if you romance either Kaiden or Ashley you get their respective clips, if you romanced Liara or anyone else you will get Liara regardless.

Just another thing Bioware did for some unknown reason, we don't know why they didn't include clips of any of the other romance options and seeing as they are so short I imagine it can't have been a space issue and was just more of Bioware being Lazy.

Or they just ran out of time. ;|

So they're not actually going to change the ending, just add more to it? I don't see how that could help at all. The issue is in what actually happens at the end -- I've seen complaints that it doesn't elaborate on it enough and that there's not enough resolution but I think the main problem is simply just what happens there at the end, period.

I think the only way to actually do something satisfactory would be to just flat out release an entirely new last 30 minutes or so.

DTKT

They could have taken any 2 secs clip from ME1/ME2/ME3, make it black and white and be done with it. It's not like it was too much to ask.

Well, you plan these things in advance. So, when whoever was tasked with creating the video made it, they just didn't include those moments.

Or, they might have done them in advance with the intent to edit them later.

This kind of stuff happens all the time.

Good ole Jessica Chobot couldn't keep her mouth shut (and this time she isn't licking some crappy piece of gaming tech) :-

Jessica Chobot aka Diana Allers said:
I thought I would do a pictoral update on everything that has happened within the last 3 or so months...(and "NO" I haven't finished ME3 yet. " NO" I haven't sexed Diana Allers (although I plan to) and "NO" I don't want to know anything more about the babsolutly RIDICULOUS whine-fest that entitled gamers are having with Bioware)...

http://www.ign.com/blogs/jess-ign/2012/03/29/i-know-i-always-say-it

I kinda wish it had been Diana Allers dying on twitter now instead of Emily Wong.

Top Bottom