• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Bowdz

This isn't over Mass Effect is it? I realize there's always been a hate for EA, but over BoA? Give me a break.

Yep. Hell hath no fury like a gamer scorned. BoA has some of the most anti-consumer practices out there and make EA look like saints in comparison.

flyover

Diana Allers is pretty much my least favorite character ever in a video game.

I didn't even know who was playing her, and I turned her down when she asked aboard the Normandy. Her voice acting was so bad, I didn't want to risk hearing it again.

What advantages were there to having her on board?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm just so baffled EA can even be considered to be in the same tier as BoA. It's like a bunch of kids are deciding this.

It's just a poll. What's really baffling are the people freaking out about the idea of EA taking it when the honest truth is neither company will honestly give a shit about it.

TheYanger

Not to mention that whole inertia thing in space. You could just do one big ass blast from the thrusters and coast the rest of the way, doing smaller blasts to change/correct your course.
That's not how it works. Yes, you COULD do that. But if you want to go faster you need to keep expending fuel.
I don't think control being a bad choice was supposed to be a secret.
It isn't? It sure isn't obvious if it's supposed to be bad.
Red kills an entire sentient race I just devoted hours to saving.
Green removes choice from EVERYTHING IN THE GALAXY and turns them into weird who knows what the fucks.
Blue is unethical, but it only screws with my enemies. Seems good to me.

DTKT

You don't have to be from America to be affected by...

ah geez you know

:/

Actually no, not to derail the thread but if I wasn't on Neogaf or Reddit, the BoA thing would have been quite unknown to me. Yes, I would have known that the housing market collapse, but not the specifics.

def sim

It's just a poll. What's really baffling are the people freaking out about the idea of EA taking it when the honest truth is neither company will honestly give a shit about it.

Really, that's how you're going to twist it? My response is more of a comment on how people see these companies rather than if they will actually be affected.

It isn't? It sure isn't obvious if it's supposed to be bad.
Red kills an entire sentient race I just devoted hours to saving.
Green removes choice from EVERYTHING IN THE GALAXY and turns them into weird who knows what the fucks.
Blue is unethical, but it only screws with my enemies. Seems good to me.

One man having so much power just doesn't sit right with me. The game depicted the Reapers as practically invincible and here Shepard is, commanding their fleet. I was thinking more in the lines that absolute power will eventually corrupt a person.

spekkeh

Banned
I was LTTP because I was on holiday when the game fell on my mat, and because of that I neglected all the furore in the early weeks, afraid of getting spoilered. Now reading back, I see that Hudson did say:

"And even in November, the gameplay team was still experimenting with an end-game sequence where players would suddenly lose control of Shepard's movement and fall under full Reaper control. (This sequence was dropped because the gameplay mechanic proved too troublesome to implement alongside dialogue choices)."

That means that, whether the ending was indoctrination or not, i.e. whether it was cut out or not, at least the telltale signs for indoctrination were not coincidental.

SDBurton

Really, that's how you're going to twist it? My response is more of a comment on how people see these companies rather than if they will actually be affected.

I was just making a remark based on the responses I saw from that thread. Didn't mean to twist anything that you said.

def sim

I was just making a remark based on the responses I saw from that thread. Didn't mean to twist anything that you said.

Fair enough. I don't come to the gaming side to get outraged about things that actually matter, I'm going to go ahead and drop anything I said.

I didn't even know who was playing her, and I turned her down when she asked aboard the Normandy. Her voice acting was so bad, I didn't want to risk hearing it again.

What advantages were there to having her on board?
Every once in a while (I think twice total), she'll ask you for an interview up in your room. It's basically the same reporter stuff from ME1/ME2, but just with that lady from IGN instead. I believe it can raise your reputation, as well as add some points to your EMS, depending on what you say about certain groups/situations.

flyover

Every once in a while (I think twice total), she'll ask you for an interview up in your room. It's basically the same reporter stuff from ME1/ME2, but just with that lady from IGN instead. I believe it can raise your reputation, as well as add some points to your EMS, depending on what you say about certain groups/situations.

Thanks. Sounds like I didn't miss anything major.

MechaX

Actually no, not to derail the thread but if I wasn't on Neogaf or Reddit, the BoA thing would have been quite unknown to me. Yes, I would have known that the housing market collapse, but not the specifics.

Not to derail this further, but I think the entire "had a role in contributing to a global recession" factor doesn't really put things in BoA's favor either.

TheYanger

One man having so much power just doesn't sit right with me. The game depicted the Reapers as practically invincible and here Shepard is, commanding their fleet. I was thinking more in the lines that absolute power will eventually corrupt a person.

Sure, I don't disagree with that at all, I simply disagree with the notion that it's clearly the 'bad' choice, they're all bad, I chose to sacrifice myself rather than everyone else.

flyover

Sure, I don't disagree with that at all, I simply disagree with the notion that it's clearly the 'bad' choice, they're all bad, I chose to sacrifice myself rather than everyone else.

I think that's a sensible position. Of the three choices, you picked the one that only affects you and the reapers (plus gets rid of the relays, same as the other endings).

So sad that there isn't a best option. Just ones where we can argue which is least shitty.

Myomoto

Then why Google ? I can't understand this list... It just looks like a " major us company " list. Anyway, I'll go in the dedicated topic

Google has been under some scrutiny because of how much personal information they actually keep on you, based on previous search results, and how this information is used to display advertisements to you. I also believe that they pay next to no tax in the US, which is not exactly a 'good' thing either.

Hero

I reblogged the link to Jessica Chobot slamming ME3 fans on Tumblr and it was taking off pretty quickly. One of my followers just notified me that the link doesn't work and I just verified it. Guess that backfired on you, didn't it, Chobot? /spit

DTKT

I reblogged the link to Jessica Chobot slamming ME3 fans on Tumblr and it was taking off pretty quickly. One of my followers just notified me that the link doesn't work and I just verified it. Guess that backfired on you, didn't it, Chobot? /spit

Wow, that was really fast. I guess she should think before writing some kind of bullshit post. :|

Can someone get the cache?

Rufus

It probably got that far because of ME3 ending backlash which is pretty stupid as there are worst/more evil companies on that list.
It got that far because it's 'tournament' driven by an online poll. Not worth spending much thought on.
Doesn't surprise me that it's being spread around like it's news though.

theowne

Just finished the game. Like most people I hated the ending. But I have to say, that the climactic parts, where you're alone up in space with Earth and the accompanying destruction going on in the background, was really well done. Really did a great job of making you feel like the hero of your own epic adventure. Too bad the ending was 'wtf'.

Though, to be quite honest, I found the entire Crucible/Catalyst idea to be vague and silly from the beginning but went along with it. The kid is just plain annoying, though.

SDBurton

Did anyone by chance happen to screenshot the post by Chobot?

I knew this shit would happen, that's why I did.

smhchobot.png

Massa

As someone else put into perspective, it's hard to believe BioWare had the time to write, model, texture, animate, record, mix and program in a throw away, forgettable character based on a game journalist for IGN, but were unable to design and model a 3D face for Tali.

BioWare's priority management was evidently up the shit, but come on. There's no way the above happened without EA/BioWare's marketing decision getting it's chubby, greasy fingers deep in the game's design.

The game has writing, models, textures, animations and recording for dozens of forgettable characters, the IGN reporter being just another one. The Tali thing smacks of Bioware changing their minds about revealing her face late in development, it's a stretch to link these two things together.

Rapstah

The game has writing, models, textures, animations and recording for dozens of forgettable characters, the IGN reporter being just another one. The Tali thing smacks of Bioware changing their minds about revealing her face late in development, it's a stretch to link these two things together.

It doesn't have 3D scanned faces or custom made bodies and outfits for most of those throwaway characters.

Just finished the game. Like most people I hated the ending. But I have to say, that the climactic parts, where you're alone up in space with Earth and the accompanying destruction going on in the background, was really well done. Really did a great job of making you feel like the hero of your own epic adventure. Too bad the ending was 'wtf'.

Though, to be quite honest, I found the entire Crucible/Catalyst idea to be vague and silly from the beginning but went along with it. The kid is just plain annoying, though.

I think that's part of the reason some people are pissed. Right up to the last 5 minutes or so, Mass Effect 3 felt like the best in the series to me. I was loving it...and then the end. yikes.

Top Bottom