• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Speaking of different colors, someone on the multiplayer design team has a sense of humor -

Gisrz.jpg

Theres no way thats unintentional.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Exactly, the geth were best suited towards consensus. The individuality in ME3 is REAL LITTLE BOY crap.

Exactly. They should have gotten the Quarians to help them build their dyson sphere instead of magical individuality caused by reaper tech, which Legion made a big deal about rejecting in 2 when the Reapers offered them a reaper body to house the consensus.

God fuck this. Did the guy who wrote Legion not write the Geth in 3?

Exactly. They should have gotten the Quarians to help them build their dyson sphere instead of magical individuality caused by reaper tech, which Legion made a big deal about rejecting in 2 when the Reapers offered them a reaper body to house the consensus.

God fuck this. Did the guy who wrote Legion not write the Geth in 3?

No, he left BW and joined Zenimax, IIRC.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
No wonder. This is what happens when you switch writers around on a series. They get shit wrong.

This leaves Tuchanka as the one mission with no real fuck ups.

Lime

No wonder. This is what happens when you switch writers around on a series. They get shit wrong.

This leaves Tuchanka as the one mission with no real fuck ups.

Lol one mission with narrative consistency from a developer priding themselves of story-based games.

Joe Molotov

Awesome let us know things that Kotaku/others wouldnt say.

I'm curious the first thing they say... "WELL WE FUCKED UP!" would be nice.

They're not going to say that because the official company line is still that the ending was great and they're releasing an extension to the ending because gamers were too stupid to appreciate it.

5:10
KCox: Discussing extended cut - NOT a reimagining of the endings or a new ending
KCox: Currently building it right now, cinematics team and writers heavily involved, working on it
KCox: "Wanted to answer the questions that we're seeing" via twitter, social networks, etc
5:11
KCox: "We definitely look, we definitely put together a list." The community team feed the dev team the questions. "We want to give you some more closure" around the questions you have, fill in some of the unknowns. "Want to give players a sense of personalization with the endings"
5:11
KCox: "When you see the ending of Mass Effect, you now have the information and the context to feel satisfied"
5:12
KCox: Still "summer" release - "going to put in the time and the effort that it takes, not going to rush it." "More than just a few cinematic scenes - definitely a considerable amount. So we're happy to be doing it."
KCox: Answering social media channel questions - FAQ, more or less
KCox: "Will Extended Cut provide new endings?" no no new endings, but closure

Fjordson

"The dev team stands by what we release in the core product, wer'e very proud of it (mild applause from audience)"

Sounds like some people at the panel haven't finished yet :p

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Lol re: Tali's face.

We often use source material, source art, for MANY things withing the game -- wanted it to be photorealistic, high fidelity, correct color -- as close to a picture as possible. Pored through thousands of images to combine extisting image and artistic vision to create Tali's face

edit: and more speculation.

"The indoctrination theory illustrates again how, um, committed the fanbase is..." don't want to comment either way. Don't want to be prescriprive -- fans interpret their own way, plus DLC coming. "We want the content to speak for itself, and we'll let it do so"

"The indoctrination theory illustrates again how, um, committed the fanbase is..." don't want to comment either way. Don't want to be prescriprive -- fans interpret their own way, plus DLC coming. "We want the content to speak for itself, and we'll let it do so"

I find it funny they don't want to commit to anything. I wish they would just outright say no that's not what happened.

we wanted tali to be a real person and for the moment to be totally meaningful, so instead of showing it to you in the video game you play (which wouldn't be tasteful) she gives you a 5x7 framed photo of an edited stock image

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Lol re: Tali's face.

edit: and more speculation.

The fact that they choose to make the quarians just humans with three fingers is nearly as insulting as the stock photo usage. She can look alien you know. Garrus isnt human looking you still got people fapping over him.

- J - D -

"Will Extended Cut provide new endings?"

" no no new endings, but closure."

"Why was that content not in the game at launch?"

"The dev team stands by what we release i n the core product, we're very proud of it (mild applause from audience)." "It was important though, for us to listen to the community, and community feedback ovbviously didn't come until the game came out"

"couldn't have included in game because we didn't know there was huge demand for it "

---Come on, really?

Kyari

we wanted tali to be a real person and for the moment to be totally meaningful, so instead of showing it to you in the video game you play (which wouldn't be tasteful) she gives you a 5x7 framed photo of an edited stock image

Meaningful, but only to brosheps. :(

Edit: crap, double post, sorry.

Metroidvania

KCox: Complicated - "the challenge of the genophage"
5:26
KCox: "The best thing you can do is focus on the characters"
5:27
KCox: Realized had never been revealed what female Krogan looked like. Decided "hey! this is the perfect time for Eve to make her entrance"
5:27
KCox: decided genophage cure arc would be HER story, her plot and hopes and dreams and worries for the future

See, this shit makes sense, at least given the insane amount of variables that ME3 games could have from imports while dealing with a budget and a deadline.

What happened between here and the ending?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I really wasn't that attached to Eve though, and I didn't really get much of her hopes and dreams except for the general: I/we want Krogan babies and a future that's not in a nuked planet. It's pretty much what Wrex talks about in ME.

It's annoying that they don't have a camera in there.

Zeliard

The fact that they choose to make the quarians just humans with three fingers is nearly as insulting as the stock photo usage. She can look alien you know. Garrus isnt human looking you still got people fapping over him.

Best part of the Tali photo is how they photoshopped two fingers off from the model, lol. I'm not usually one to call devs lazy, but that's pretty damn lazy.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Best part of the Tali photo is how they photoshopped two fingers off from the model, lol. I'm not usually one to call devs lazy, but that's pretty damn lazy.

Whats even lazier is they didnt shop it correctly so she look legitimately 3 fingered. Some dude in his spare time shopped the photo correctly.

Zeliard

Whats even lazier is they didnt shop it correctly so she look legitimately 3 fingered. Some dude in his spare time shopped the photo correctly.

Haha yeah

2145839-tali_superhzz5h.jpg

It's so bad. Someone just used the Photoshop eraser tool to remove the ring and pinky fingers, filled it in with a dark shade and called it a day. Must have taken 5 minutes.

Haha yeah

http://www.abload.de/img/2145839-tali_superhzz5h.jpg[IMG]

It's so bad. Someone just used the Photoshop eraser tool to remove the ring and pinky fingers, filled it in with a dark shade and called it a day. Must have taken 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

So what? Aint the designers problem. He was probably just messing around with different designs and the idiot producers took one and used it for the game.

Myomoto

I hope they'll at least tell us HOW Tali managed to take that picture, since she's outside of her suit, and the Quarian homeworld as lost over 200 years ago...

Fjordson

Haha yeah

2145839-tali_superhzz5h.jpg

It's so bad. Someone just used the Photoshop eraser tool to remove the ring and pinky fingers, filled it in with a dark shade and called it a day. Must have taken 5 minutes.
That's Tali? I didn't see it in my playthrough, but what the shit. Disappointing.

Holy shit a good question..
The one about the people in the Citadel? Yeah, I was wondering that as well. Supposed to be such a busy place...

Metroidvania

Answer: One of the things in the citadel codex is that anyplace -inside- the citadel has emergency seals, and some exterior areas have emergency seals that can keep atmosphere in. Even if the Citadel is destroyed (which it may or may not be in ending), "is not like the entire things blow up." People on (in) the arms may well still be alive. No reason to assume 100% casualtties

Contradicting Good ole Mac Walters, I see.

- J - D -

First questioner: when citadel is moved, what happens to everyone on it?

Answer: One of the things in the citadel codex is that anyplace -inside- the citadel has emergency seals, and some exterior areas have emergency seals that can keep atmosphere in. Even if the Citadel is destroyed (which it may or may not be in ending), "is not like the entire things blow up." People on (in) the arms may well still be alive. No reason to assume 100% casualtties

Top Bottom