• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Rapstah

There we go: if the Citadel doesn't actually blow up in any ending then I am sure that the rubble in which Shepard wakes up in the 5000 EMS Destroy ending is in fact just rubble of the pipe he or she shot to cause the ending.

CushVA

5:50
KCox: Ilos - statues of tentacle people. "Are those protheans? Because Javik..."

KCox: A: "so, we've potentially contradicted ourselves here..." But civilization could be the one, mentioned on Ilos, that had the planet before the protheans did

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
These cannot be serious questions, unless they've been screened beforehand.

No one's asking how/why Joker is flying away? Why Harbinger flew off?

Sigh.

KCox: A: "so, we've potentially contradicted ourselves here..." But civilization could be the one, mentioned on Ilos, that had the planet before the protheans did

Someone on the BSN pointed out that they could have just said that the tentacle species was one of the conquered races of the protheans.

But nope.

CushVA

5:58
KCox:
Closing word from Mike

5:58
KCox:
Extending thanks to community and fans. "Without you, we are nothing. We are artists without an audience." Audience applause

Sounds like a waste of time, with abbreviated Q&A and very few questions (even less good), basically?

Artistic vision. Lulz. We gonna closure that bitch good!

CushVA

https://twitter.com/#!/jsunakasully

Jsun ‏ @jsunakasully

Re: indoctrination theory. They were vague (shocking) but it sounded to me like they were saying anything is possible with the extended end

Jsun Jsun ‏ @jsunakasully

They did say thank you to the community an stressed that they ARE listening to forums, twitter, etc.

Jsun Jsun ‏ @jsunakasully

And it's over. There were some rambling and weak questions that took up too much time. There were clearly people in line who had end ?s

Zen

Banned
I'm surprised some of you didn't know that all questions were screened before hand, you weren't allowed to ask anything unless it was pre approved.

Rapstah

It's only partly their fault, should've had more time for questions, and people shouldn't ask stupid questions. But it's Q&A and typically the questions are never good anyways :(.

They should have screened more, two of those questions weren't actually questions as much as they were someone stating his opinion at Bioware staff to get an official response to his opinion.

Rokam

They should have screened more, two of those questions weren't actually questions as much as they were someone stating his opinion at Bioware staff to get an official response to his opinion.

Standard fare, watched enough Blizzcon Q&A's and Blizzard Livechat Q&A's to expect the worst. At least there weren't questions like "What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?" This was seriously asked during a class discussion panel. :(

Metroidvania

They've always been vague about it. I don't see a difference here.

Yes, but what purpose does being vague NOW give? They already are forced to come up with an extended cut, why leave the speculation for this issue up until then? (unless they're going to adopt at least a part of it)

This vagueness stands directly opposite to the ending itself.

The Starchild ending not at all open for debate (barring IT and ignoring plotholes), yet Bioware says it doesn't want to be prescriptive in telling fans how to think.

Starkid tells you how it's going to be, you say I don't understand, and end the game by running to/shooting one of 3 options.

But yet Bioware won't talk at all about it, defend their actions or explain their vision of the ending at all, just leaves everything totally blank.

The epilogue itself is vague to the point of absurdity, but the actual end game-wise is super cut and dry.

Walshicus

KCox: Ilos - statues of tentacle people. "Are those protheans? Because Javik..."

Hang on, isn't there dialogue with Javik or someone about how Ilos' ruins weren't Prothean but from a previous race? Did I imagine that?

def sim

Hang on, isn't there dialogue with Javik or someone about how Ilos' ruins weren't Prothean but from a previous race? Did I imagine that?

He says the planet was previously inhabited by the ones that came before them, yes. He doesn't necessarily say the statues were of them, but it's a possibility.

Google says it was the Inusannon.

Metroidvania

I still think the biggest joke is Bioware saying "well, we didn't include more in the ending because we didn't know fans wanted more closure/clarity until we started getting feedback after the game came out"

Just.....lol.

Also, a Bioware spokesperson has apparently elaborated a bit on the EC.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...xpand-on-player-choices-provide-consequences/

"Much of the focus of the Extended Cut is to expand on the variety of consequences of player choices and degrees of success," the spokesperson said, "so, with the new content, the player's choices should result in a much more varied experience."

The new ending content will be woven into the game and should be accessible seamlessly. We were told that players "should be able to grab a save file before the endgame and experience the new content from there."

So they're basically putting in stuff they should have had in the beginning.

Can't wait for the eventual DA2 style 'retractions' to show up a year from now.

I wonder if that means assets will actually mean anything? Despite Gamble being full of shit, and saying it wasn't, it is obviously just cinematics. That is something that was obviously missing, but its lack was not my problem, just a complaint.

More likely just closure cinematics, though. Le sigh, Bioware.

I hope they'll at least tell us HOW Tali managed to take that picture, since she's outside of her suit, and the Quarian homeworld as lost over 200 years ago...

In the original script I think there was some reference to her removing her mask and taking a photograph of her and Shepard with her omnitool, or something, providing she was your LI of course.

Myomoto

In the original script I think there was some reference to her removing her mask and taking a photograph of her and Shepard with her omnitool, or something, providing she was your LI of course.

Outside? Half-naked and wrapped in a blanket? Not to mention that the picture is clearly taken by somebody else.

Outside? Half-naked and wrapped in a blanket? Not to mention that the picture is clearly taken by somebody else.

Maybe Chiktikka (her combat drone) has a built in camera.

Not sure why she'd decide to do the picture outside, but it'd probably not be too bad a risk if she kept the photoshoot brief. Should have been brought up in game though, like Shepard asking why she'd go to the trouble and risk and she could give a cheesy romantic answer.

Yes, well that's what happens when you spend 5 minutes photoshopping stock photos.

It's impressive how even that managed to create a plothole, albeit a minor one.

First questioner: when citadel is moved, what happens to everyone on it?

Answer: One of the things in the citadel codex is that anyplace -inside- the citadel has emergency seals, and some exterior areas have emergency seals that can keep atmosphere in. Even if the Citadel is destroyed (which it may or may not be in ending), "is not like the entire things blow up." People on (in) the arms may well still be alive. No reason to assume 100% casualtties

That has to be one the biggest piles of horse shit I have ever had the misfortune to read. I know the game is "sci-fi" but come on that is taking the piss. Doesn't exactly inspire much confidence in this "extended cut" they are going to do if they come up with bullshit like that.

Metroidvania

what happened here?

The whole Bioware defense employees brought up on the DA2 failures, calling their vision misunderstood and that they could 'understand how DA1 fans might not have been as happy with their vision for DA's future, but hey, we attracted a lot of new fans'.

Skip forward a year, and they start to become a little more 'yeah, we rushed some stuff'.

Also, does this mean we have to repeat from cerberus base? I really don'T care to replay the whole section again =/

Looks that way.

but at least that means there is hope for re-doing/touching up of the Earth segments with making choices matter and such.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
The whole Bioware defense employees brought up on the DA2 failures, calling their vision misunderstood and that they could 'understand how DA1 fans might not have been as happy with their vision for DA's future, but hey, we attracted a lot of new fans'.

Skip forward a year, and they start to become a little more 'yeah, we rushed some stuff'.
What happened to the DA panel?

Metroidvania

What happened to the DA panel?

Basically all but flat out stating DA3 is well in development.

Technically they said their talk would be about 'general ideas, not specific games', but kept saying stuff like 'hypothetically, if DA3 existed, we are thinking of doing X for it'.

edit: My 'redaction' style stuff was from DA2 last year, it didn't happen at this year's panel, if that was confusion from my earlier statement.

Top Bottom