• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Howdy

Neo Member
Reapers killed billions of people, no way i was going to let them live, even if they would have help us. It was my goal since ME1!

This.

My paragon Shepard opposes TIM for the entire game, tells him how wrong he is and how difficult it is to control the Reapers, how control is a power we don't understand and shouldn't be able to use, etc. It seems like a contradiction for Shep to then ignore what he just finished saying and choose Control.

Gazzawa

This.

My paragon Shepard opposes TIM for the entire game, tells him how wrong he is and how difficult it is to control the Reapers, how control is a power we don't understand and shouldn't be able to use, etc. It seems like a contradiction for Shep to then ignore what he just finished saying and choose Control.

But what about that stupid kid.
Someone has to put a bullet in his bitch ass.
i was the first human to do so.

tzare

I feel like Control is the obvious "Best Ending", though. Shepard was born to be sacrificed anyway, and that's the only ending that preserves the galaxy's status quo. With Destroy you lose EDI and the Geth, but with Control you keep both and also reconstruct the Citadel and Mass Effect Relays very quickly.

Yep i felt like the same. I did not have the green option however , maybe because i did not play any multiplayer to rise Galaxy at War status?, maybe i would've choosen that one instead as it granted peace by merging organics an synthetics instead of trying to control the reapers, plus SHepard would also sacrifice himself anyway. It is like control but 'better' imo

However i feel that the kid/the catalyser thing are kind of a rushed ending and nonsense. if the kid is 'the reapers ai/conscience' why not offer those options from start instead of destroying everything and being so arrogant ? (yes he says organics where not ready, how could he know if shepard was the first to reach him, or only a few had known the way to destroy the reapers?, how how did shepard become ready?
PLus as expected yet disappointing to , reapers origen wasn't fully explained.
I wonder what direction will ME series take from now. There's a huge universe to explore but feels like uninteresting to go for minor conflics after the reaper thing. Maybe a prequel about the reapers creators could be good enough?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yep i felt like the same. I did not have the green option however , maybe because i did not play any multiplayer to rise Galaxy at War status?, maybe i would've choosen that one instead as it granted peace by merging organics an synthetics instead of trying to control the reapers, plus SHepard would also sacrifice himself anyway. It is like control but 'better' imo

The "green" option is always available, its the giant beam in front of you after you're done talking with the kid.

Gazzawa

Did anyone notice the totz awky momo on the shuttle where u get rescued by anderson.
He says to you "I was born in London"
Shephard: "Really"
akward silence

im pretty sure he mentioned it to you before when u talk on the normandy.
WTF was up with this?
LoL bioware i guess...

Aspiring

So I just finished my first trilogy play through and wow what a game!

The first time I finished it I chose the ending where synthetics died. But was left unhappy with too many questions. I just re did it and chose the ending with the beam where Shepard sacrificed himself and made everyone half synthetic and half organic and I actually felt good. I actually didn't mind this ending at all. I had a feeling that Shepard would die as there were hints throughout, but he died a hero sacrificing himself to save an entire galaxy, and gave new life to synthetics like EDI.

Anyway it wasn't what I wanted, I wanted him to get there and just see a mad scene where the reapers get all blown to hell and maybe a little epilogue where you see how your surviving friends are doing.

But I thought the synthetic ending was at least closure with Shepard being the hero. And EDI's narrative shows that do I thought it was the right ending.

Aspiring

Beware, you're not allowed to say anything nice about Synthesis ending in this thread

Haha sorry. Like I said it wasn't what I wanted as I wanted a happy ending but it offered closure that the others did not. Seeing shep take a breath was like, there just in case.

But at least I was offered closure. The world was rebuilt. Everything I fought for, galactic peace and love was accomplished. It seemed to give me what I needed. And while Shepard was dead at least I know that what I was fighting for was accomplished and it gave some closure.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Because it's stupid and a company with "bio" in its name should fucking know how biology works

We know it doesn't make sense, but in a universe with mass relays, reapers, protheans visions, a human coming back to life after falling from space, multiple alien races living together... i dunno... there was already a lot of shit that didnt make sense. But hey... that's science-fiction for you.

And really now, you think having the word "bio" in their name means shit? They're a video game developper, not some scientific company. :lol

tzare

The "green" option is always available, its the giant beam in front of you after you're done talking with the kid.

oh, is it? i don't remember the kid telling me about that option. Maybe i was not paying atention :/

As for the green ending, yeah, it feels weird, almost Kojima madness, changing dna for all living and 'robots' with a blast....

Btw, is it possible to do all missions in tutchanka? on my first run the bomb exploded before i could do that mission. Is also that the 'point' where you cannot do sidemissions anymore?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485131

EA has confirmed that Mass Effect 3 will be a launch title on Wii U. The game will feature new control schemes that utilize the GamePad, bonus DLC such as Extended Cut, and an interactive backstory covering the experience of the first two games. Players can make decisions during key points and bring that narrative into Mass Effect 3.

Take a look at the first shots from the Wii U game, captured from EA Summer Showcase 2012 live-stream.

Bet ya a 1000 spacebucks this will get released as dlc for ps3/360 instead of being there from the start.

Just like the ME2 interactive story got for the 360.

We know it doesn't make sense, but in a universe with mass relays, reapers, protheans visions, a human coming back to life after falling from space, multiple alien races living together... i dunno... there was already a lot of shit that didnt make sense. But hey... that's science-fiction for you.

And really now, you think having the word "bio" in their name means shit? They're a video game developper, not some scientific company. :lol
Most of those are things that are introduced from the beginning and the first game. Nothing about space magic makes any sense. How does dark energy make you able to disperse your thoughts into the reapers controlling them, able to target only AIs and also able to turn organics into technoganic beings. You can't just introduce something like this at the end and expect it to be believable.

Shepard surviving the Normandy destruction was also freaking stupid in ME2.

rozay

Banned
omegaz.png

Now this could be related to the Leviathian DLC, but what you want to pay attention to are the first 3 letters in front of the word Hub in the highlighted entry.

Omni

For some reason I just can't bring myself to go through this game again. After one play through of ME3 I'm all burnt out. I still haven't bothered with the EC.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There's some weird circular logic going on with that Leviathan spoiler.

If the Catalyst explains that synthesis with an unwilling species was attempted before, and failed, and produced the Leviathan (assumed to be from a species dubbed Leviathans), how did the Leviathans create the Catalyst? If they did indeed create the Catalyst, and the Catalyst turned on the Leviathans to create other Reapers/Harbinger, then who tried synthesis with the Leviathans in the first place? Wut?

BioWare sure is doing their best to, err, do whatever it is they're doing with the ending.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm drunk. I ordered the comics.

I'm so sorry.

Rapstah

Oh wow, am I reading that right in that they changed the "who created you" option in the ending? I totally predicted that a week ago. :lol

EDIT: And by the way: I am absolutely against them changing the ending little by little, DLC pack for DLC pack, like this. I had nothing against a concentrated attempt to fix it, but trying to retcon your packs in is just going to screw up the little internal logic there was.

rozay

Banned
My friend is showing me the firefight guns on the PC and apparently his shepard's combat armor is him in underwear. I'm reminded of the secret costumes you can unlock in Neo Contra if anyone here played that.

It's kind of sad that his nipples are a higher resolution than the N7 logo on femshep's armor.

Just a sec. Let me get my tinfoil hat.

I know I should be excited for good ME3 DLC. I just can't bring myself to care enough about anything I'll do with Shepard. :|

Everything is hollow now...

ermaged

Synthesis

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/13557262/1

it just keeps on giving.

I'm sure one future DLC will have you reskin your heavy melee as a sharpened toothbrush, for obvious reasons. Actually, it already kind of looks like one.

And Eatchildren: DON'T DO IT, MAN! LIFE IS WORTH LIVING!
(well, kinda)

Dany

Banned
My enthusiasm for anything mass effect is so low and I didn't even hate the game. All this drama and crap surrounding the ending was so vitriolic and just consumed gaming news for a month or so. It is literally insane.

televator

I can't care enough about this or potentially any DLC to pay for it... let alone spend time playing it now after all the shenanigans with the ending.

Top Bottom