• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Derrick01

Banned
If they're actually taking digital copies too on Origin then I'll consider sending mine back. Then again I originally got it from Amazon so....

Fuck it. Sounds like it would be too much of a hassle dealing with both of them to return a digital copy.

LiK

If this keeps up I'm going to go ahead and guess that EA is just going to force Bioware to get out new endings even if the Writing Extraordinaire peoples don't want to.

Every attempt Bioware has made to get this to go away, deflecting with questions, posting threads on a Friday night has all been quite useless with how angry people are.

ME fans are some of the most devoted i've seen. this will not go away. and the memes are just incredible so far.

LegoArmo

Other things that suck about the game:

Dream sequences
Squad selection
Planet scanning fetch quests

"[insert race] could really use [religious book] in these hard times, but it's lost on [insert planet]"

Now go through 5 loading screens to get it and bring it back. That's not fun.

Karl2177

Okay, so I wrote a wall post on the Mass Effect Facebook Page just outlining grievances and asking for a new ending; standard stuff.

The cool thing is I actually got a response:
NpHK5.png

Do you have a link to the post?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I don't see how you could think this. If anything this ending shows a complete lack of focus testing. Focus groups hate endings like this. If it was focus tested we probably would have gotten a 'Shepard saves the day and lives happily ever after' ending, because that's what the mass market loves. It also kills any opportunity for ME4, which is not in EA's long term interest. People need to accept that this was Bioware's fault and their's alone.

Yup. They shut down the Mass Effect universe. Without going back in time to do a prequel trilogy or jump the story 15,000 years in the future, there is nothing more they can do with the current story. There is no more "mass effect"

And no focus group on Earth would have wanted what we got. They thought they were being clever and artsy, only to really showcase what a bunch of hacks with money and ego can do to ruin nigh-universal goodwill.

...uh, oh. I'm moving back into the anger stage.

Riggs

Banned
Let me just say that returning a game because you didn't like the ending is one of the most petty asshole things I've heard.

Also, doing it to make a "statement" to Bioware/EA does nothing, since Amazon simply eats the price of the game.
Indoctrinated Fucking Agent

bigace33

If they're actually taking digital copies too on Origin then I'll consider sending mine back. Then again I originally got it from Amazon so....

Fuck it. Sounds like it would be too much of a hassle dealing with both of them to return a digital copy.
How in the world can you return a digital copy of a game?

Omega

Banned
@LegoArmo, those aren't dreams. That's hinting at indoctrination.

Unless the 360 version has such terrible textures, there's no way Vent Kid could have left his vent. Yet when Shepard looks away for two seconds, Vent Kid is no longer there.

If this game wins a GOTY I might just quit gaming. Awarding this game as GOTY only gives BioWare a reason to think they didn't make a mistake. All this complaining, campaigning, etc. to make BioWare realize how big of a mistake they made with this ending would be useless.

It would be like a real life Mass Effect.

Zomba13

Other things that suck about the game:

Dream sequences
Squad selection
Planet scanning fetch quests

"[insert race] could really use [religious book] in these hard times, but it's lost on [insert planet]"

Now go through 5 loading screens to get it and bring it back. That's not fun.

Yeah the squad selection was really disappointing coming off of ME2. I didn't mind to much as my team has always been Garrus and Tali. I mean, there are only... EDI, Liara and Vega that are certain right? Tali and Garrus can die in ME2 (or Tali in ME3), Ash/Kaiden can be refused access to the ship (or die protecting Udina? Not sure about this) and Javik is DLC.

Cyborg771

Neo Member
By focus group I guess I meant more like "design by committee" where you try to apply a democratic method to solve a problem when a pure vision would be much better off.

But people seem to be disagreeing with that point across the board so I retroactively retract it as my own wishful thinking.

Dany

Banned
Okay, so I wrote a wall post on the Mass Effect Facebook Page just outlining grievances and asking for a new ending; standard stuff.

The cool thing is I actually got a response:
NpHK5.png

EDIT: Browsing through the wall posts it seems that the page is actually commenting back to a lot of people. Not as awesome as I first thought :(

I sense some condescension in the response.

Zomba13

Is it possible to let Maurader Shields kill you? Or do you have unlimited health at that point?

I think he can kill you. Don't worry if he does though, you can get the Crucible (and space kid) killed if you just wait/walk about long enough when you take the heaven elevator.

WanderingWind

Yeah the squad selection was really disappointing coming off of ME2. I didn't mind to much as my team has always been Garrus and Tali. I mean, there are only... EDI, Liara and Vega that are certain right? Tali and Garrus can die in ME2 (or Tali in ME3), Ash/Kaiden can be refused access to the ship (or die protecting Udina? Not sure about this) and Javik is DLC.

Only thing I found strange was that there were no returning ME2 characters to add. And Vega really, really sucked.

But, honestly, this one didn't really bother me too much. I had Liara for every mission, and bounced between Garrus, EDI and Ashley. I would have filled the other slot with Wrex if possible.

LiK

Watching Angry Joe's review. Oh man, spot on. lol And finally, someone mentions the terrible Chobot.

dankir

Only thing I found strange was that there were no returning ME2 characters to add. And Vega really, really sucked.

But, honestly, this one didn't really bother me too much. I had Liara for every mission, and bounced between Garrus, EDI and Ashley. I would have filled the other slot with Wrex if possible.

Garrus was in every mission for me. And the 2nd slot with Liara or EDI actually. I would overload, incinerate and slam enemies all at once.

So satisfying.

Is it possible to let Maurader Shields kill you? Or do you have unlimited health at that point?

Yea he can kill you, I got distracted after I killed the Husk brothers talking to my gf about how sad I was that it was about to end and didn't even realize he popped out the first time till it was too late.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
You know who I'd love to make wet? Tali.

Derrick01

Banned
How in the world can you return a digital copy of a game?

No idea. I thought I saw someone mention Origin's accepting full refunds but it might have been a joke. I'm pretty tired after all.

It would be something I would entertain at least. I'm not sure if I can play it again anyway until the ending is fixed.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
So you can finally figure out what her sweat tastes like?

And what happened to your shocked Shep av? I know Louis CK is your original one, but I liked shocked Shep

I'm in a Louis CK mood. Had my daily dose of male default Shepard ;)

Cyborg771

Neo Member
Ever have a cast? Multiply that fetid odor by your entire body, and never, ever take it off.

Yum.

I think he's referencing that super-creepy in depth essay some guy on a forum wrote about how Quarian perspiration would smell. He was doing like chemical analysis and stuff.

That was enough internet for me that day.

WanderingWind

I think he's referencing that super-creepy in depth essay some guy on a forum wrote about how Quarian perspiration would smell. He was doing like chemical analysis and stuff.

I know. I'm just multiplying the ick factor.

Haha I linked that thread to my gf who is also an mmo gamer. The reaction on her face was priceless. Especially with us playing SWTOR, we started to wonder if the people who put their companions in the dancers outfits do the same types of things.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't mind the sweat. My horribly repulsive odor would probably dominate her sweat molecules in the air, so it's more like she's going to have to tolerate my smell.

I wouldn't mind the sweat. My horribly repulsive odor would probably dominate her sweat molecules in the air, so it's more like she's going to have to tolerate my smell.

I was surprised she had hair in her picture. I cant imagine what her hair would be like being trapped in that suit all the time, and I don't ever remember her talking about taking a shower.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I was surprised she had hair in her picture. I cant imagine what her hair would be like being trapped in that suit all the time, and I don't ever remember her talking about taking a shower.
Bioware really sucks for not including lengthy conversations on Tali's showering procedure. It'd really engage me.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Damn, I go to sleep and we're on OT2? And now Amazon AND Origin are offering refunds?

Bioware's statement timetable just went up.

Top Bottom