• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Replicant

I think the fact the Bioware didnt bother entirely removing the indoc ending is what will alow them to save their asses via any ending changer dlc. Their laziness shall save them.

?? Details please. So it's still on the disc?

i think it's time for the 'an actual face for Tali' campaign.

The Tali of your dream:

HPhw3.jpg

Minion101

Banned
It's outright stated in the notes Walters wrote on the ending. LOTS OF SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE!

And yet indoctrination is not mentioned anywhere on Walters notes for the ending.

As an Artist, If you are trying to get people to interpret your work. The worst thing you can do is tell people the meaning. Because it becomes "cement" at that point. No need to speculate or think for themselves. In other words, geoff keighley only got the notes they wanted to give him.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I know that a sequence was planned, but on the notes that Walters wrote, the one with LOTS OF SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE, I don't remember indoctrination being mentioned. And the stuff Gib found in the files doesn't mention indoctrination at all either. When TIM starts messing with Shepard at the end and those black tendrils come up, that's TIM's "control mojo"

But since he's already indoctrinated, he's forcing that indoctrination in a dream upon Shepard. It's so existential, and as a bonus, leaves lots of room for speculation!

/devil's advocate.

I'm not a believer in The Indoc theory, with Bioware's writing teams being what they are, after DA2, nothing can surprise me anymore. I let myself believe that ME3 was different throughout, only to have it come crashing down harder than even DA2 did.

...what did those two things do again? I must have missed it. : /

Reputation opens up the few paragon/renegade options that exist, and War Assets let you see one of the '3' ending sequences, with slight variations depending on how high the number is.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
?? Details please. So it's still on the disc?

No but you can see elements of it or that were repurposed. Shit like the insignificant kid haunting your dream witht he ink shadows, the weirdness for the shit on the citadel, the weird make up of the citadel.

But since he's already indoctrinated, he's forcing that indoctrination in a dream upon Shepard. It's so existential, and as a bonus, leaves lots of room for speculation!

/devil's advocate.

I'm not a believer in The Indoc theory, with Bioware's writing teams being what they are, after DA2, nothing can surprise me anymore. I let myself believe that ME3 was different throughout, only to have it come crashing down harder than even DA2 did.

You have no idea how relieved I am

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I think the fact the Bioware didnt bother entirely removing the indoc ending is what will alow them to save their asses via any ending changer dlc. Their laziness shall save them.
New catalyst dialogue and maybe some new rendered scenes and an epilogue. That's all we'll get.

Oh!

I also remembered. What did "transferring" my 20th level multiplayer guy do? (besides unlock an achievement)

At some point I was hoping to see him in a cut scene or something but...yeah...no.

Tokubetsu

Some goons raised another interesting point about the whole reaper fight. Why didn't they focus fire one reaper at a time? They did this against both Sovereign and the destroy on Rannoch. Both went down like bitches under sustained heavy fire from a combined force. If it was a logistical thing, they could just link with an AI, like they did you know, two mission earlier. With a fleet the size that Shepard united, most of those reapers would go down pretty fast.

Shit, I'm pretty sure the Destiny Ascension is supposed to be worth at least a quarter of the whole universe's fleet firepower wise. The whole ship is one big fucking gun.

It's established that the Protheans didn't have this option because the reapers shutdown the citadel from the jump and essentially decapitated their empire from the start. Even with that, their empire was so vast and legit that it took the reapers five centuries to finish. This cycle had the advantage of keeping the citadel, a united front, and advanced warning.

/nitpicking

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
As an Artist, If you are trying to get people to interpret your work. The worst thing you can do is tell be the meaning. Because it becomes "cement" at that point. No need to speculate or think for themselves. In other words, geoff keighley only got the notes they wanted to give him.
As an artist, if you're trying to get people to interpret your work, and you deliver them the conclusion to your work. Why don't people try to interpret the end of the work instead of dismiss it as a dream or a conspiracy?

It would be funny if it was just an info dump at the end like DA Origins. Probably better than nothing.
DAO's info dumps came all throughout the game though. Damn, I love that game so much. Mmm. So good.

Fathead

Some goons raised another interesting point about the whole reaper fight. Why didn't they focus fire one reaper at a time? They did this against both Sovereign and the destroy on Rannoch. Both went down like bitches under sustained heavy fire from a combined force. If it was a logistical thing, they could just link with an AI, like they did you know, two mission earlier. With a fleet the size that Shepard united, most of those reapers would go down pretty fast.

Shit, I'm pretty sure the Destiny Ascension is supposed to be worth at least a quarter of the whole universe's fleet firepower wise. The whole ship is one big fucking gun.

It's established that the Protheans didn't have this option because the reapers shutdown the citadel from the jump and essentially decapitated their empire from the start. Even with that, their empire was so vast and legit that it took the reapers five centuries to finish. This cycle had the advantage of keeping the citadel, a united front, and advanced warning.

/nitpicking

Stop using logic you entitled!

That bothered me too. Concentrate fire you idiots.

Top Bottom