• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

My God

There's a new ending up. This one is purple
iujewcqVicW8n.jpg

Just finished the game...wow. I thought people were exaggerating about the ending but nope. Three games worth of choices that basically don't mean shit. That's so stupid. Plus because I don't want to play the generic, boring multiplayer my Shepard dies no matter what. I even checked out the other endings on YouTube...and goddamn there isn't much different from what I got. Wonderful job, Bioware.

I don't regret the thirty-some hours I spent in this game before the ending but will definitely think hard about putting time into a Bioware series again. This shit makes the Lost ending look amazing. :\

Welcome to the Group Support thread. The hugs aren't free anymore.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Just finished the game...wow. I thought people were exaggerating about the ending but nope. Three games worth of choices that basically don't mean shit. That's so stupid. Plus because I don't want to play the generic, boring multiplayer my Shepard dies no matter what. I even checked out the other endings on YouTube...and goddamn there isn't much different from what I got. Wonderful job, Bioware.

I don't regret the thirty-some hours I spent in this game before the ending but will definitely think hard about putting time into a Bioware series again. This shit makes the Lost ending look amazing. :\

The cycle continues. Every 50 posts, a new one joins.

rdrr gnr

That feel.

Be sure to catch up on all the videos in the OP.

Tokubetsu

Just embrace the space magic.

Replicant

Welcome! And vent away!

shit what if the green ending revived kai leng and made him into an even bigger cyber douchebag

All the more reason not to choose that abomination ending.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I don't see how posts like these would not concern BioWare.

Whether they admit to it or not, they have alienated a sizable portion of their fans.

http://i.imgur.com/KWM73.jpg

Oh god i just realized it's red green and blue
So did I. Maybe there should be a different comic attached to it right below.

notworksafe

That feel.

Be sure to catch up on all the videos in the OP.

Just watched the side-by-side comparison. This shit is ridiculous. So what determines the people who pop out of the Normandy at the end? All I got were Joker, Tali, and Javik. Tali wasn't even on the Normandy! She was down in London doing the mission. Now Shepard is dead and fucking Seth Green is gonna repopulate the universe with my alien waifu. Worst ending of all time.

Also, Marauder Shields was hilarious. When he popped up in game I thought to myself "WTF is this idiot doing?". Glad to see that I wasn't the only one lol.

rdrr gnr

Whether they admit to it or not, they have alienated a sizable portion of their fans.
Until that portion pre-orders DA3. Most gamers have no principle.
Also, Marauder Shields was hilarious. When he popped up in game I thought to myself "WTF is this idiot doing?". Glad to see that I wasn't the only one lol.
Idiot? DO NOT BLASPHEME for He, Marauder Shields, tried to save us from the ending. Praise be to Marauder Shields. Glory be to Marauder Shields.

Just watched the side-by-side comparison. This shit is ridiculous. So what determines the people who pop out of the Normandy at the end? All I got were Joker, Tali, and Javik. Tali wasn't even on the Normandy! She was down in London doing the mission. Now Shepard is dead and fucking Seth Green is gonna repopulate the universe with my alien waifu. Worst ending of all time.

Now you need to read up on speculation and artistic integrity

Salih

It seems to me that only those who have read the latest ME book don't like Kai Leng.
I sure didn't mind him in ME3.

Baldur's Gate II day 1. Mass Effect- Bought a 360, ME2 and 3- Day 1, DA1 and 2- Day 1.

Bioware can stuff a dick.

edit: Oh, I forgot that I bought Neverwinter several times. Man it sucked.

I wasn't really doing gaming during KOTOR, but I own multiple copies of 1 and 2.

Multiple copies of Jade Empire, too. Ugh.

bigdaddygamebot said:
I particularly enjoyed the "secret" email he sent Shepherd and laughed at him because Shepherd was too weak to save Thessia.

...because if it hadn't been for Kai Leng, Shepherd could have single-handedly stopped the Reaper invasion of Thessia.
The only thing better than the content of that email is the very fact that he actually took time out of his day to write it, and then convincingly disguise it as a message from Asari military command just to send it.

I'm certainly done with them.

What's next for them? Dragon Age III?

The only thing better than the content of that email is the very fact that he actually took time out of his day to write it, and then convincingly disguise it as a message from Asari military command just to send it.

Holy fuck...I know! Why the "cyber" disguise? Well...I'm not an elite hacker or adrenaline junkie...so who am I to question. Clearly Shepherd's inbox BELONGED to Kai Leng at that point.

Kai Lang could have been an interesting idea. If only everything about him wasn't the way it is.

Also it'd be a better concept if he was someone introduced in ME2 as an ally instead of out of the blue "oh yeah Cerberus super ninja exists and hates you".

WanderingWind

Maybe, but they've suffered the wrath of shit word of mouth. I doubt ME3 is going to see much impact, but when your name is dragged through Forbes, CNN, Fox, Ars Technica and a myriad of other sources for something of exceptionally poor quality, people tend to remember.

The brand of "BioWare" took a massive hit from this. They can obviously fix it, but this wasn't nothing for their future.

LiK

Kai Lang could have been an interesting idea. If only everything about him wasn't the way it is.

Also it'd be a better concept if he was someone introduced in ME2 as an ally instead of out of the blue "oh yeah Cerberus super ninja exists and hates you".

Or maybe he became your ally in ME3 then betrayed you. Even better.

Tokubetsu

I can just imagine Kai Leng, just back from thessia. TIM gives him a pat on the back "Good job!" He says some sly cool shit but hurries back to his room. Pours himself a bowl of lucky charms, knees up at his chair as he writes that email. "Haha, eat a fucking Dick Shepard! You got told off."

senador

Banned

Indeed! Whatever DLC follows will also reinforce this feeling. DA sounded cool til they messed that up, and now they screwed with ME, I can't trust them. I'll buy whatever comes out to clear up 3, but for future games I'm out unless reception is decent.

squidyj

Idiot? DO NOT BLASPHEME for He, Marauder Shields, tried to save us from the ending. Praise be to Marauder Shields. Glory be to Marauder Shields.

I do not need principle to realize I'm not touching their next game until someone tests it for me first.

And by someone I mean the rest of GAF

I can just imagine Kai Leng, just back from thessia. TIM gives him a pat on the back "Good job!" He says some sly cool shit but hurries back to his room. Pours himself a bowl of lucky charms, knees up at his chair as he writes that email. "Haha, eat a fucking Dick Shepard! You got told off."

You Got Served 4: Galaxy in Flames

You're forgetting that Bioware wanted you to forget pretty much everything that happened in Mass Effect 2.

Conrad Verner should have been Kai Leng.

WanderingWind

Or maybe he became your ally in ME3 then betrayed you. Even better.

Eh, the concept of TIM cultivating an operative on the level of Shepard is pretty sound. It didn't need to be anything more than that.

But, man. What a DORK. He's what happens when nerds get together and design a "badass."

hateradio

You've been indoctrinated
Never. I'm not crazy.

But I can't help myself from the world of DA. I wonder how they'll screw it up.

Choices: No more magic / Magic for everyone / Everyone gets merged into orcs -- holy shit! Someone should just change the LotR/ME3 meme and put Dragon Age instead. It'll be foretelling.

Eh, the concept of TIM cultivating an operative on the level of Shepard is pretty sound. It didn't need to be anything more than that.

But, man. What a DORK. He's what happens when nerds get together and design a "badass."

I couldn't help but laugh at him because of his Animu-Eyes sunglasses.

notworksafe

I'm kinda bummed I wasn't able to convince TIM to off himself, just shot him normally. Also, how could he think he was controlling the Reapers when his face was half robot? There isn't a mirror on the whole Citadel?

hateradio

inky

I don't know... do they even read GAF? I would suspect Shit Mountain thread was as much a reason for concern as this, but they seemed immune to it for a while.

I once posted on the BSN forums that Dragon Age 2's change of focus, signature edition shenanigans and marketing was alienating a sizable part of their DA:O audience and on top of like 20 posters jumping on my throat for it, I was banned by John Epler for a week for intentionally baiting people into insulting me. Maybe they have learned a lesson this time, but I'm leaning towards they have learned the wrong one.

hateradio

You mean Raiden? Wasn't he supposed to be somewhat of a deconstruction of that concept?
I remember that in the Doc. of MGS2, Hideo admitted to creating a bishounen because of female fan feedback.

Why do they always listen to the crazies?

I don't know... do they even read GAF? I would suspect Shit Mountain thread was as much a reason for concern as this, but they seemed immune to it for a while.

I once posted on the BSN forums that Dragon Age 2's change of focus, signature edition shenanigans and marketing was alienating a sizable part of their DA:O audience and on top of like 20 posters jumping on my throat for it, I was banned by John Epler for a week for intentionally baiting people into insulting me. Maybe they have learned a lesson this time, but I'm leaning towards they have learned the wrong one.
They probably banned more than you. They were always trying to hide the Warden's dead body (meaning DAO).

They denied, denied, denied, and rejected any negative feedback from DA2. In the end they are changing a few things for DA3. However, I don't think it'll be all that important now.

Top Bottom