• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Taker34

Banned
I really want that trilogy remaster...
img_09507hrb2.jpg

I'm having these long battles on enemy outpost and I'm fighting from the outside, I'm find myself losing life support so I get back to the Nomad before the battles finish and wait a long time until I have some reasonable life support to keep fighting.

What am I missing? It feels like a terrible anticlimatic thing, should I push on and enter the buildings? there's a lot of Kett surrounding the place, I wouldn't make it...

I'm having these long battles on enemy outpost and I'm fighting from the outside, I'm find myself losing life support so I get back to the Nomad before the battles finish and wait a long time until I have some reasonable life support to keep fighting.

What am I missing? It feels like a terrible anticlimatic thing, should I push on and enter the buildings? there's a lot of Kett surrounding the place, I wouldn't make it...

If it's on Voeld standing near a heater replenishes life support. Otherwise you can drive to a forward station (the fast travel points) to completely refill it and ammo instantly.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
The jank was pretty jarring at first but the game is starting to win me over. I am skipping a few of the blander side quests here and there so things don't bog down, it helped. It was about the 10 hour mark I went from "not sure if I'll finish this" to "ok I think I really like this."

Yeah I'm almost positive they're already into development on the sequel.

I think the reaction to Andromeda critically, sales wise, and fans, will just shape the direction of the sequel, not its existence. If Andromeda sells poorly I expect Ryder won't be returning as the playable character and the cast we know will be in a reduced role.

I think Montreal will be ditched if this game bombs. EA wants money above all. They are merciless with their studios once they are done with them. I think an improved sequel is very likely.

Madness

Bioware has a wide berth to make their own decisions. Sales will justify another to sort issues out. They won't throw every studio they have on Star Wars and the Mass Effect brand is far from "tainted" as some people will tell you.

No one said its tainted. Just simple that they have a bigger IP now that brings them greater success and sales. So they will focus their time on that. Maybe another sequel is greenlit. But the fact this had no season pass and no real mention of DLC means they are waiting to see how it actually does. They probably will announce dlc soon. But like ME3 they asked what people wanted, we said Omega and they gave it. They might see what users of this game would prefer.

While BioWare is still one of their flagship acquisitions, I think you're going to see less control especially after the founders left. Just look at what they did to Maxis after Will Wright left, sort of ran Sims into ground. Hell look at what the Respawn founder said about EA with regards to TitanFall 2 shipping date and then possible future TitanFall 3 (Whatever the hell that means) and yet Respawn just publishes with EA, not part of it.

Meowster

Bioware is really good at unleashing the completionist within me with this and Inquisition. Though at least clearing worlds in Andromeda is a lot easier (and I find the Sudoku-esque challenges plenty of frustrating fun too).

Is it just me or do a ton of people in this game either have heterochromia or super pale blue eyes? It's like they're all wearing contacts.

Also, is my game bugging or do an equal number of people have day-glo orange/green/blue hair?

I'm wondering if, when thawing out colonists, someone mistakenly overlooked an "edge lords" flag on all these people's profiles.

I still believe we'll gey a ME game where you choose your playable race.

I wanna play a turian damn you.

Oh man, what I wouldn't give... Except I'd want to be a salarian or possible a krogan. :p

Edit: Scratch that. Give me an Elcor option!

LOLCats

Banned
The character uploading and sharing is online. Ive fired default sara, she is too much of a dufus. I made a somewhat tolerable character, brown eyes seem to help

Cora is really starting to get annoying with bringing up Asari every two sentences. Does she get better cause if not I'm replacing her with Peebee.

Tacitus_

Cora is really starting to get annoying with bringing up Asari every two sentences. Does she get better cause if not I'm replacing her with Peebee.

You should replace her with Peebee anyway. But I don't think she gets better, I used her only for her loyalty missions and she was fawning over the Asari all the time.

RdN

Thanks guys.

Got into a weird bug right now. Was talking to Captain Dunn and suddenly my controller stopped working in game. Could not select conversation options, press start, nothing.

Had to quit to the dashboard. Luckily didn't lose much progress.

Any info on crafting or what armour and weapons to go for?
I don't wanna waste the wrong research points in stuff.

Also, is all the stuff in the research part it? Or is more added as the game goes on?

Aeana

I've always played adept in all of the ME games, but with the absence of warp, I found myself not doing super well and felt generally hamstrung. I'm sure some combination of biotics is still really good, but I decided to try venturing out for once.

Engineer profile + incinerate + energy drain + overload changed the game for me. With the upgrades for incinerate and energy drain that let them both prime and detonate, and the extra recharge rate you get from engineer​'s little bot, I'm tearing through stuff with Shields and armor like it's nothing.

Grisby

I got two Dracks. Then it teleported me to the kitchen for a "real" conversation where afterward the two Dracks were both making something.

Then I went to talk to Vetra and it teleportred me from the bunk quarters to her part of the ship for another conversation.

There must be black holes inside the Tempest. It's the only explanation.

Just beat it. 40 hours. Level 47.

Honestly the main campaign's ending was satisfying enough in terms of excitement.

I think my playtime won't be too far off from the average. I wasn't a completionist whatsoever. I did every ally mission because I knew that they would become important at the end.

I just happened upon the trans character and I wasn't paying attention so I missed the one sentence explanation and it feels like such a wash

I just happened upon the trans character and I wasn't paying attention so I missed the one sentence explanation and it feels like such a wash

isn't it very much a throaway line? Like "Back in the milky way my name was Tom and was unhappy, so after some changes I came here". Then it never comes up again. I mean I guess the argument they were making is that being trans doesn't define her in this future as it's more accepted?

isn't it very much a throaway line? Like "Back in the milky way my name was Tom and was unhappy, so after some changes I came here". Then it never comes up again. I mean I guess the argument they were making is that being trans doesn't define her in this future as it's more accepted?

It's the ultimate throwaway and it doesn't even make any sense because it's completely unprompted

Like that's a really important thing that defines someone entirely, and she brings it up out of the blue, which is stupid even if it's when you're talking to Savior McWorldBeater

I've always played adept in all of the ME games, but with the absence of warp, I found myself not doing super well and felt generally hamstrung. I'm sure some combination of biotics is still really good, but I decided to try venturing out for once.

Engineer profile + incinerate + energy drain + overload changed the game for me. With the upgrades for incinerate and energy drain that let them both prime and detonate, and the extra recharge rate you get from engineer​'s little bot, I'm tearing through stuff with Shields and armor like it's nothing.

I've since moved away from tech powers to biotics (since none of my favourite squadies have any biotics), but before I did, I absolutely loved Overload + Incinerate + Energy Drain. Simple but highly effective combo. Also I feel incinerate has much better tracking than previous Mass Effects

Ascenion

The main issue I think is that she just says all of that. You simply ask her why she joined the initiative and she basically spill her life story. Which seems kinda out of context to be that detailed.

nillapuddin

So Ive got everything set up to buy all N7 armor, Black Widow and Falcon AR

Before I do, are there any cant miss weapon/armor augmentations I should slap on there?

The main issue I think is that she just says all of that. You simply ask her why she joined the initiative and she basically spill her life story. Which seems kinda out of context to be that detailed.

Most people who I had the option to ask about why they joined the initiative didn't go into as much detail, that I won't deny.

chaislip3

So at what point does the romance scene occur? My Ryder is in a relationship with Cora and I'm about to investigate that
technology
before going to
Meridian

nOoblet16

YOU FUCKING MONSTER

Had to pick between him and PeeBee, was a tough pick

So at what point does the romance scene occur? My Ryder is in a relationship with Cora and I'm about to investigate that
technology
before going to
Meridian

Before going to Meridian, I went with PeeBee and she just told me to check my room for a present. There was a drink there and a message where I can call her or not, if not then I can just continue to play the game do side quest or even main mission. If I do then she comes in for sexytime and then I can do side quest or main mission

I like how it's more of an actual relationship in this game and you build it over time and it's reflected in character dialogue with the person and also your conversation with your crew. Instead of just "Pick the flirt option at these specific points to get a sex scene near the end and no mention of it otherwise". More than one character can ask you out and you can accept or reject them.

nOoblet16

Ryder controls amazing for me. There's no way I could go back to plodding Shepard now.

Shepard can't even turn properly while running in ME2 lol
Controlling Ryder feels amazing, so much freedom of movement and the way powers and combos work. And this is actually the first soft cover system that I like a lot really (despite what some think) to not even think about it.

Top Bottom