• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

They really fucked up one side quest - quest name spoiled below

Contagion

ok, deadly disease that can be transferred via air on the loose in the station. cool. gotta beat the clock, find the person and deal with them. oh wait, no, they got on a shuttle. now they traveled half way across the galaxy five times over. oh look they survived a shuttle crash. well i'm going to let you die now for dragging this out.

they should have just kept that on the station and it would have been way better.
Was that on PC or console? Because on PC it always crashes doing this quest.

B00TE

Ended up getting a PS4 copy in addition to the one I already had on PC. Really wanted to be able to play the game laying down (got the flu almost a week ago and it's still wreaking havoc on me). Kinda cool seeing small bits of dialogue changes in addition to part commentary during certain things. Don't mind replaying through a good chunk of the game either, if nothing else I'm actually excited to because the overall gameplay is still super fun.

Mesharey

You can't complete kadara until after a story mission

but that's not the message you should see. did you talk to reyes and kadara leaders?
Hmm, guess I have to continue the story, went to talk to Nexus to talk to the leader about Meridian then stopped.
I will put this in spoilers to be sure
SPOILERS
The end of this quest line is the duel between Reyes and Sloane. If you haven't seen this you still have stuff to do

Reviewers were given the game few days before release and it's not a good type of game to have to plow through quickly. Pretty much agree with all the complain related to the plot and gameplay though. On PC I haven't seen as much glitch and animation fail as in those videos.
I've had many bugs, one that forced me to replay Drack's loyal mission too, there are some issues about the gameplay and story, but for me it's easily 8+/10 title.

sangreal

Did every mission in Kadara to get an outpost, but it's still saying "Talk to Reyes and Kadara Leaders" any idea?

The game's really good, it has issues but it's a lot of fun, reviews were kinda harsh on it.

Also, no idea what to lvl in biotecs and the other thing, I'm mostly playing it GoW style. <.<

Hmm, guess I have to continue the story,
went to talk to Nexus to talk to the leader about Meridian
then stopped.

No, you should be able to finish it at that point

you have no options to talk to reyes at tartarus or sloan? what about kaetus (sp)?

Man, it's pretty silly my family of Chinese people are called the Ryders.

Like I get in world of Mass Effect, humanity is so intermingled you can get a Scottish lady whose last name is Anwar, but Ryder still feels like a name that was picked because the game assumed a Western player.

At the very least, I can't imagine a Mass Effect game with a playable character whose last name is Wong

Tovarisc

Is the dialogue in the Nomad just completely random or something? Did they not plan it out?

I'm still on EOS with the first main mission, I have not met Peebee yet or anything. So I'm riding in the Nomad and then Liam/Cora start talking about Peebee as though we know her and everything....

Was just really really weird.

Game has several bugs with banter, that is one of them.

I've done that quest on PC, where is it crashing for you?
The part where you get a message to return to the docks after she steals a shuttle. Going into the docks (around half way) gets a ctd every time. It may be an issue with another quest I have going at the same time but I went back to an earlier save before that point (but after taking the quest) and it's fine. So yeah, who really knows what's up. Hope it'll be noticed and fixed in a patch.

Regarding bugs. I have a different game on my laptop where I've just started and after completing the vault on Eos I decided to go back in. The game thinks it's the quest again and has the same cutscene but Peebee isn't there so the camera just looks at air. Then I go down but can't continue because I've already scanned what needs to be scanned so the door won't open and you can't get out. So no option but to re-load. There are more bugs in this game than in a rotten horses head.

Mesharey

No, you should be able to finish it at that point

you have no options to talk to reyes at tartarus or sloan? what about kaetus (sp)?
Went to Sloan and she was like "if you try to make an outpost here then I'll consider act of war" didn't know where Reyes is, guess I'll try to go to Tatarus, no idea what Kaetus is, probably area I didn't visiting yet. XD

Thanks a lot!

sangreal

Went to Sloan and she was like "if you try to make an outpost here then I'll consider act of war" didn't know where Reyes is, guess I'll try to go to Tatarus, no idea what Kaetus is, probably area I didn't visiting yet. XD

Thanks a lot!

her taurian right-hand guy

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I cannot believe the performance... the fps is tanking just walking around the Tempest.

Goddamn shame. Putting this on indefinite hold.

This game was not finished.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I actually really like Ryder as a character. Well, Sara, to be precise (haven't tried Scott yet) and her Emotional + Casual personality, haven't tried Logical + Professional.

86HfSD.jpg

K2MoHd.jpg

Too bad about the poor character customization options though :/

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I actually really like Ryder as a character. Well, Sara, to be precise (haven't tried Scott yet) and her Emotional + Casual personality, haven't tried Logical + Professional.

Too bad about the poor character customization options though :/

That's actually very damn good. Can you please share the creation code ? I don't know how that works, do you upload this or does it give you a share-able code ?

Man, it's pretty silly my family of Chinese people are called the Ryders.

Like I get in world of Mass Effect, humanity is so intermingled you can get a Scottish lady whose last name is Anwar, but Ryder still feels like a name that was picked because the game assumed a Western player.

At the very least, I can't imagine a Mass Effect game with a playable character whose last name is Wong

I believe Ryder was chosen as a tribute to Sally Ride, the first American woman in space. Similar to how Shepard was an homage to Alan Shepard, the first American man in space.

Maybe someday you can play a spinoff starring Emily Wong reporting on crime on the Citadel.

FiraB

Banned
I cannot believe the performance... the fps is tanking just walking around the Tempest.

Goddamn shame. Putting this on indefinite hold.

This game was not finished.

Yeah I put it on hold until it's fixed.

If I could have cancelled my pre-order I would have, wasn't worth the price of admission and even the multiplayer lately is just driving me nuts but that's more so the fact that certain people I've ended up playing with are cheating.

I don't get this line of thinking. If you enjoy it, great. A lot of us enjoyed parts of it but it isn't like the reviews were unreasonable. There are tons of issues with the game. The hate and hysteria was unwarranted but the scores are pretty much what I would give. A 7/10 etc.

It's a PERFECT line of thinking..means we give many zero @$!# to opinions or what the reviews think/say. You're welcome.

I almost didn't buy the gm because of the above.

Downcrashing

Neo Member
After many attempts since launch I am still unable to get into a single multiplayer match. As soon as I am about to load in it gives me an error and boots me to the main menu. Anyone else have this problem and able to resolve it? My NAT is Open and I've tried everything I can think of.

CLBridges

After spending most of the week focusing on MP, I finally spent a few hours on the story. Has me very interested and I look forward to playing more. I'm sticking more with the main quests with a few side missions here and there.

ViciousDS

Banned
cross posting from the crowbcat video thread because they are harmless and fun bugs........nothing game breaking. But I did laugh my ass off when they happened.

These two are personally mine

Lots more but it literally would flood my DVR if I did them all. So I usually just do the ones that I find entertaining.

Like Bynum TRex

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ZynTheSin/video/28811039

Someone could easily gif the Bynum Rex.

And

Nomad spawning in a vault after falling lol

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ZynTheSin/video/28811124

whats your most entertaining/favorite bugs/glitches that have happened to you so far GAF?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That's actually very damn good. Can you please share the creation code ? I don't know how that works, do you upload this or does it give you a share-able code ?

I've uploaded her into Mass Effect Archive, though I am not sure how to share it with other people. Perhaps someone here can help illuminate?

Stiler

So.......can someone tell me about the "secret project" mission? (Like one of the first missions you get on EOS).

I collected all three components and then went back to the lab, scanned the research project and then Cora said "lets go to a research lab to see what we got."

I noticed that the quest no longer showed up in my active quest but completed, I still went to the research lab though to see what we got.

There's not a single new thing on it......

Is that really the ending of the quest? After they build it up with the giant monster stuck inside the lab at the first part and talk about developing a secret thing to fight the Kett it ends with......nothing???

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

From top left "Hero Gallery => My Heroes". Then click on Ryder you want to share and swap visibility to Public, gives you link to share.

Edit: Here https://masseffectarchives.com/

Ahh, here, is this correct?

https://masseffectarchives.com/#user/2331092119/playthrough/1338045656/gender/female

Feel free to use her, chandoog :)

Won't lie, already getting withdrawals after beating the game today. Probably going to start another playthrough.

Without spoiling too much, does the world of Andromeda get more interesting later on? Like I'm really enjoying the game so far, but I feel the world building falls far short of previous Mass Effects.

OmegaDL50

I just arrived on the Nexus for the first time and I already hate Foster Addison, and no, memes have nothing to do with it.

Sent to an entirely new galaxy and uncharted frontier and she implicitly states she doesn't trust you, yet wouldn't her lack of cooperation go against actually improving the situation.

Why do I have feeling when I do prove I am a capable Pathfinder and improve the situation, it will go unacknowledged by this Addison character.

I just arrived on the Nexus for the first time and I already hate Foster Addison, and no, memes have nothing to do with it.

Sent to an entirely new galaxy and uncharted frontier and she implicitly states she doesn't trust you, yet wouldn't her lack of cooperation go against actually improving the situation.

Why do I have feeling when I do prove I am a capable Pathfinder and improve the situation, it will go unacknowledged by this Addison character.

I am actually weirdly fond of Addison, tired face and all.

I've basically spent my entire adult life working in high stress environments, and Addison reminds me of a number of people I've encountered in my working life.

OmegaDL50

I am actually weirdly fond of Addison, tired face and all.

I've basically spent my entire adult life working in high stress environments, and Addison reminds me of a number of people I've encountered in my working life.

My point is without the Pathfinder finding a suitable home to colonize there is no hope, so working against the only hope you have is shooting yourself in the foot.

At least the Citadel Council had a reason to distrust Shepard until he proved himself. This Adison person has no such reason to be antagonistic. In fact being antagonistic to the Pathfinder would be an antithesis of things getting better.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Its a crime to not have male Ryder and Liam hook up. especially after helping Liam on a certain mission of his.

Also i haven't thought the planets would look as good as they do. Its like Bioware mixed in some of the planets from ME1 and the locations of ME2 and 3. I love it,

Without spoiling too much, does the world of Andromeda get more interesting later on? Like I'm really enjoying the game so far, but I feel the world building falls far short of previous Mass Effects.

I don't know if I can answer that question for you in a way you like or want. Are you talking world building as in things that existed before the arks and nexus got there or world building as a result of ryders actions?

Man some of the bugs in this game. Can you even call it them bugs? On one occasion I received an email referring to a character I hadn't even met yet like he was already on the team. Another time, a character I had never heard of spoke to me over comms. Only later did I come across the side mission that first mentioned the character.

Have to say, though, I'm enjoying it more than Inquisition. They've done a lot to make the experience of playing the game and exploring less shallow and tedious - even though they're clearly using a similar open world design template. Not perfect, but not nearly as bad as DA:I.

It's a shame the plot and characters can't really compare to the OT though. The original games had such a strong hook. Mankind had made contact with all these alien races and joined the galaxy, and you end up representing humanity while dealing with this massive looming threat.

The setup for Andromeda just isn't nearly as strong or compelling. And they didn't really do enough even with what they do have. The intro of the game could have done more to set the scene and the characters and get you invested. Same with when you meet most of your companions, or the Angara - the story doesn't give itself any room to breathe to really get you engaged. It constantly feels like it's glossing over everything. Also they hurt themselves by cutting the game off from the OT so dramatically.

Also, they totally overdid the whole crafting, research and development aspect of the game. They should really have simplified that. Game is already too busy.

There are more positives though. The companions are quite well done - well designed, and they offer a lot of engagement, on the Tempest or when out exploring. Environments are great, combat is solid, some of the quests are pretty good, and some aspects of the plot are intriguing. The game is also good at creating a sense of place and making you feel like you really are traveling through the galaxy in a spaceship. Which is great.

Top Bottom