• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

WHY IS MY GAME CRASHING WHEN I TRY TO BOARD THE NEXUS!?!?!

I tried selecting a different mission and upload a older save file. I can't access the Nexus or Hyperion or Cryo Bay because of the crashing. It crashes as soon as I walk in threw the double doors leaving from the Tempest.

Is there something else I should try to do or someone I can speak with about this? Would Sony customer support even care? I bought this digitally.

I've sent a report with a short video clip attached each time.

Edit: is there any updates due today or soon for the PS4 or this game? Everytime it crashes it tells me to check for a update for the game or PS4 but both my system and game are updated.

Alucrid

Banned
Dammit! I have been wondering what was up with that. I have 6 strike teams now, I wasted so many fucking points.

Edit: Is there anyway to access the equipment from inside the Apex app?

oh man, the apex app has just been a huge piece of shit for me. i'll be able to scroll through a page but taps on icons to switch pages or make selections don't register for like 20 seconds.

Rarius

I think every piece of dialogue is instantly given priority for some reason. Characters interrupt themselves constantly. Let aloPATHFINDER YOU CAN MINE HERE

Phamit

Depends on the planet maybe. I got nothing on Eos but a ton on Voeld. Still a stupid problem though. Ideally mods can address it if patches don't.

Yeah, I went from Voeld to Kadara and on Voeld Jaal and Cora talked a lot. On Kadara Cora/Drack only talk when there is a point of interest

Is there any SP advantage to investing time into the strike team stuff?
You earn loot boxes that get you materials, crafting or loot (I've unlocked some ultra rare items that way). That said, you probably get enough of this stuff in your run anyway, so it's more just a matter of padding your resources/weapons/armor on the side. Pretty low commitment if you use the app either way, though...

witness

So what kind of build is everyone running around in? I'm level 18 and I'm all tech but I'm going to take points out of constructs, they are just pretty boring to me and try to find a good sentinel build with them. I messed around with it earlier but I can't find a good build and fun combos. Would like to find some as that was my favorite class in the old trilogy.

Wunder

Is there a way to collect AVP rewards other than from the Tempest and Nexus? And/or a way to check when I have rewards to collect? Feel like I'm missing out on collection every second even though I left the ship 5 minutes ago.

So what kind of build is everyone running around in? I'm level 18 and I'm all tech but I'm going to take points out of constructs, they are just pretty boring to me and move them over to combat to get assault rifle and combat fitness buffs. I've messed around with biotics but I can't find a good sentinel build.

I'm 18 too and I'm going down the Infiltrator profile. Originally went concussive shot but decided to respec since I wasted a couple points here and there and concussive wasn't doing it for me anymore. Went full Turbocharge and have Incinerate/Overload on the tech side.

Tacitus_

Just finished it. I have to say I enjoyed most of it, even if it was buggy and badly animated outside of combat. And the UI could've been a lot better.

Still, a solid 7/10 game. Good, but flawed.

I have barely interfaced with the crafting. How important is it? Do you generally make enough money to where you could just buy most of what you want?

Crafted gear is superior since you can augment them, but only if you augment them.

edgefusion

So what kind of build is everyone running around in? I'm level 18 and I'm all tech but I'm going to take points out of constructs, they are just pretty boring to me and try to find a good sentinel build with them. I messed around with it earlier but I can't find a good build and fun combos. Would like to find some as that was my favorite class in the old trilogy.

Level 41 pure biotic build. Game is ez mode when you crush everything with charge > nova.

Dammit! I have been wondering what was up with that. I have 6 strike teams now, I wasted so many fucking points.

Edit: Is there anyway to access the equipment from inside the Apex app?

Nope, it would be nice if we could though.

Is there any SP advantage to investing time into the strike team stuff?

Yes. When the apex teams complete a successful mission, they will reward you with boxes, check the rewards for each mission before you accept them. You get rng boxes you can open up in single player for credits, gear, research points, materials. The quality and quantity of items you get depends on the difficulty of the apex missions. bronze, silver and gold. to give you an example, a gold loot box from a apex team can get you a black widow.

I have barely interfaced with the crafting. How important is it? Do you generally make enough money to where you could just buy most of what you want?

you can make some very wildy behaving weapons with the crafting system.

like an exploding shotgun that regenerates it own ammo.

or a assault rifle with homing rounds.

this, you will never find in the game otherwise. you can also add other things to your armor, like,

higher recharge time

recharge 25% of your shields per kill or

when you punch the ground, it does electric damage. or

when ever you empty your weapons clip, you gain 25% of your shields back.

the crafting system is fucking bananas in this game, like creates some very wild weapons like those from borderlands, only you have to create them.

Is there a way to collect AVP rewards other than from the Tempest and Nexus? And/or a way to check when I have rewards to collect? Feel like I'm missing out on collection every second even though I left the ship 5 minutes ago.

nope, no way to tell other than going to the terminal manually and see it. I set a timer on my stop watch so i know to hit up the tempest from time to time when im close to a teleport.

Anyone playing else playing on PC having an extremely long initial load for this game?
It's the first PC game I've played in a LONG time where it has had noticeably long load times.

It's installed to my SSD, but it still takes a long time to get to the menu, and then usually a long time to get to load the first save.

The weird this is that if I turn the game off and go back to it right away (like when I was tweaking settings) it usually loads faster.

oneils

WHY IS MY GAME CRASHING WHEN I TRY TO BOARD THE NEXUS!?!?!

I tried selecting a different mission and upload a older save file. I can't access the Nexus or Hyperion or Cryo Bay because of the crashing. It crashes as soon as I walk in threw the double doors leaving from the Tempest.

Is there something else I should try to do or someone I can speak with about this? Would Sony customer support even care? I bought this digitally.

I've sent a report with a short video clip attached each time.

Edit: is there any updates due today or soon for the PS4 or this game? Everytime it crashes it tells me to check for a update for the game or PS4 but both my system and game are updated.

Don't think it's a Sony issue. I've been having crashes/freezes on pc during loading sequences and cutscenes, particularly around going to or leaving the nexus. I put the sp aside. Gonna focus on mp. It's a bummer.

hbkdx12

Adept

Pull for primer
Lance for detonater
Overload to deal with shields

It seems like they had an axe to grind with adepts/biotics in this game. Lance seems to basically be warp. The only difference I can tell is that lance doesn't have homing/curving capabilities like warp. Why not just leave warp?

So many of your squad has combat and tech abilities but I think only Cora and peebee have any biotic powers and even then Cora is completely self serving in that she's essentially a vanguard.

Swiggins

I just realized something...my Ryder makes terrible jokes, is incompetent at his job, is overly emotional and is trying to stick his dick into absolutely everything...

My Ryder is Zapp Brannigan.

Also, The Archon is the stupidest looking villain I've seen in ages.

Haha, he's such a derp! His eyes are so far apart he just looks sad and confused all the time.

Bsqigeo.png

I'm doing the
Contagion
quest, and this is the dumbest and most infuriating quest in the game so far. I was already annoyed by the stupid map and galaxy travel system, and this quest literally has you spend 10+ minutes doing NOTHING but jumping from map to map and scanning anomalies. Like, holy shit, did they even play test this crap? How could they possibly think this is fun. I'm trying to enjoy the good parts of this game through all the jank and crap, and this quest put me into a shitty mood.

Akai__

56 hours and 49% in Single Player.

I'm enjoying the game, but really wished some of these issues were ironed out. Sadly, they don't stop and now I have 2 missions that I can't complete and 1 mission that is wrongfully completed, eventhough I still had a task left. It's sitting under completed and still has the "!" next to it, indicating that it's not read yet.

Also, what in the actual fuck is up with the doors on Kadara? It's faster to use fast travel than to open any of those doors, because it's like you are bypassing/hacking them whenever you try to open them. Glad I have 100% on Kadara, though. My least favourite planet so far.

DeaDPo0L84

So I only now 40 hours in started looking at Nomad upgrades. Is there a way to view what upgrades I have currently equipped? Reason I ask is cause I crafted a boost mod but then noticed I had a better one and crafted that one as well but not sure how to tell which is equipped.

Enjoying this after first 4 hours but damn I'm overwhelmed.

Just moved from arc to
nexus
to
ship
with all kinds of people and side quests and I didn't know what to do so I just skipped everything and went to my
ship...

Jaraghan

Infiltrator. Fully specced Sniper and pistol. Turbocharge (probs gunna change), portable barrier and cloak. Fully modded and augmented Isharay (will swap to Black Widow once I have enough Milky Way research.

The damage I am doing is fucking bananas. And because I am using a sniper, I can take down entire outposts from a distance. No enemies know where I am, and I take 99% of them down in 1 shot. Even if they are behind cover.

Tacitus_

So I only now 40 hours in started looking at Nomad upgrades. Is there a way to view what upgrades I have currently equipped? Reason I ask is cause I crafted a boost mod but then noticed I had a better one and crafted that one as well but not sure how to tell which is equipped.

Nomad stuff is equipped automatically.

Don't think it's a Sony issue. I've been having crashes/freezes on pc during loading sequences and cutscenes, particularly around going to or leaving the nexus. I put the sp aside. Gonna focus on mp. It's a bummer.

Since I bought it digitally I called Sony. The rep said that maybe the application became corrupted. I deleted it and now redownloading it. He said to call back if it continues after it downloads and reinstalls.

I'm hoping that's the issue and it's not my progress save data. I don't want to lose my progress.

These bugs are making the game hard to like. There's a repeatable bug when you are killed by those big creatures. Killed me twice (different quests) both times stuck looking at a black screen and the UI with everyone else still fighting and no option to load or go to menu. Only option is to quit the game from the desktop. A simple fucking thing which they couldn't get right (like so much in the game).

Arozay

I just beat Zelda, so I'm going back to RE7 to finish that, then I'll need a new game after.

I don't know if I should buy this yet.As I didn't agree with the gushing over BotW, I'm hoping the reported badness of Andromeda is overblown.

Though I still have Witcher 3 DLC to do I guess...

DeaDPo0L84

One thing that bothers me is in order to gather the bonus materials/research from the AVP terminal I HAVE to board the Tempest. I can collect all these items in 45 minute intervals but if you dont collect them every 45 minutes you are potentially missing out cause it doesnt automatically restart the countdown. But if I am out and about exploring I dont want to have to board the Tempest, collect, then disembark again and carry on with my exploring

Swiggins

I just beat Zelda, so I'm going back to RE7 to finish that, then I'll need a new game after.

I don't know if I should buy this yet.As I didn't agree with the gushing over BotW, I'm hoping the reported badness of Andromeda is overblown.

There are legitimate reasons to not like this game, but it has it's charms as well.

The closest parable I can compare it to is Deadly Premonition, full of bugs, unpolished, but enjoyable none the less.

Madness

One thing that bothers me is in order to gather the bonus materials/research from the AVP terminal I HAVE to board the Tempest. I can collect all these items in 45 minute intervals but if you dont collect them every 45 minutes you are potentially missing out cause it doesnt automatically restart the countdown. But if I am out and about exploring I dont want to have to board the Tempest, collect, then disembark again and carry on with my exploring

Yup and the worst is going to the tempest anytime makes it take off and you have to go through the whole animations and take off and re-entry. Very redundant and hard to believe no one thought it would be a pain.

Yup and the worst is going to the tempest anytime makes it take off and you have to go through the whole animations and take off and re-entry. Very redundant and hard to believe no one thought it would be a pain.

There's a lot of tedious stuff like that which makes me wonder how it got past the team. Another big annoyance for me is when you're doing quests and get told to wait for the next step, return to the Tempest and then get an email from someone having you return right back to the planet you just left.

Nothing as bad as that Contagion quest (which could have been a lot of fun if it'd been kept to the Nexus or maybe one other system), but obnoxious all the same.

Staf

You. Must. Play. These. Especially Hearts of Stone.

Nekrono

So I'm 40ish hours in and around 25% completion, I just completed the main mission in Voeld that progresses the story and I can say that I LOVE this game.

Yes it is a flawed game, my main problems with it are the lack of inventory storage, unfriendly crafting system/UI and just some minor annoyances like being unable to check your email from your main menu, or having to take off every time that you want to go into the Tempest, etc. Minor stuff that could and hopefully will be patched in.

Sure the animations and not great and I've had a couple bugs where certain events don't start after reloading a save, etc, but the core of the game is absolutely amazing, so far the story has been great (first contact scene aside), the characters are pretty cool and have started growing on me (except Liam) and the exploration and combat elements of the game are the best parts of it! You feel such a bad ass once you start figuring out your build and once you start crafting your own armor and weapons, I love it.

Such a shame the focus was geared towards the animation and lack of polish in certain areas but this is no doubt a great game and a fantastic foundation to build upon for future games in the series.

Great game BioWare! Now start working on patches to deliver the much needed polish please!

Also, I can't speak for consoles but on PC maxed out this game looks amazing at times! The lighting, the mood, the alien architecture, the textures, the scale, etc, such much attention to detail, you can tell they really put in an effort to make this game look great and alien!

I want to post some better shots that better express what I mean but seems most image host websites have problems processing certain screenshots taken with Ansel.

diaspora

So I'm 40ish hours in and around 25% completion, I just completed the main mission in Voeld that progresses the story and I can say that I LOVE this game.

Yes it is a flawed game, my main problems with it are the lack of inventory storage, unfriendly crafting system/UI and just some minor annoyances like being unable to check your email from your main menu, or having to take off every time that you want to go into the Tempest, etc. Minor stuff that could and hopefully will be patched in.

Sure the animations and not great and I've had a couple bugs where certain events don't start after reloading a save, etc, but the core of the game is absolutely amazing, so far the story has been great (first contact scene aside), the characters are pretty cool and have started growing on me (except Liam) and the exploration and combat elements of the game are the best parts of it! You feel such a bad ass once you start figuring out your build and once you start crafting your own armor and weapons, I love it.

Such a shame the focus was geared towards the animation and lack of polish in certain areas but this is no doubt a great game and a fantastic foundation to build upon for future games in the series.

Great game BioWare! Now start working on patches to deliver the much needed polish please!

Also, I can't speak for consoles but on PC maxed out this game looks amazing at times! The lighting, the mood, the alien architecture, the textures, the scale, etc, such much attention to detail, you can tell they really put in an effort to make this game look great and alien!

I want to post some better shots that better express what I mean but seems most image host websites have problems processing certain screenshots taken with Ansel.

1. use HattiWatti's camera tools. Ansel sucks
  2. host screenshots on flickr

It reminds me of the Witcher 2. Excellent in some ways, good to average in others, and bizarrely shit on a few very noticeable things. So far I've yet encounter anything as hilariously broken as I did in W2 - when Phillipa's entire face and neck textures just didn't load.

My recommendation to new players is to push through Eos and Voeld, and avoid any mission that's listed as a 'Task'.

Swiggins

It reminds me of the Witcher 2. Excellent in some ways, good to average in others, and bizarrely shit on a few very noticeable things. So far I've yet encounter anything as hilariously broken as I did in W2 - when Phillipa's entire face and neck textures just didn't load.

My recommendation to new players is to push through Eos and Voeld, and avoid any mission that's listed as a 'Task'.

Real talk...what do Task's even do?

Top Bottom