• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Mindlog

My Apex menu is bugged pretty hard.
I can't purchase strike team upgrades.
I can't even scroll my strike team menu.
Every time I try to send them on a certain mission the game disconnects and closes.

edgefusion

Every time I try to send them on a certain mission the game disconnects and closes.

I have the same issue with the strike team menu, sucks :/

Revas

Why is there no fucking checkpointing in the
Kett base
on Voelt? Is that true of all the
Kett bases
, assuming there's more than one?

Also that
secret boss in
the Voelt vault was intense!
Took me about 10 times to beat it,
but I'm still pretty low level.

All 2 of the Kett bases I've come across are like that. It's just a pain on insanity, not really sure what they were thinking when they designed those levels.

Try activating tutorials in gameplay settings maybe.

How the hell do I craft an augmentation!? I researched it...but you cant develop any off the augments and they arent in my augment inventory

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How the hell do I craft an augmentation!? I researched it...but you cant develop any off the augments and they arent in my augment inventory

when you craft a weapon, there are hexagons below them you can slot an augmentation into. They go straight from research to useable, no need to develop.

when you research a augment, you actually developed it. it will appear in your enventory when its time for you to craft something that has a aug slot and if the aug is able to go into the item your crafting.

You don't craft them. Research them, then once you craft a weapon they'll be available in the augments slots.

I researched but they are not in the augmentations when I am building my weapon. For example, I can add Double-Mod augmentation to Dahl shotgun in crafting but I dont see Bio-Converter which I have researched as it has a check mark and wont let me research it again.

I researched but they are not in the augmentations when I am building my weapon. For example, I can add Double-Mod augmentation to Dahl shotgun in crafting but I dont see Bio-Converter which I have researched as it has a check mark and wont let me research it again.

You have to research the Remnant shield augment sensors. There's a bug where if you don't you can't use Bio-converter.

my god,

so i got a fusion mod that that completely restores all cooldowns on enemy killed, but lower cooldown by 50%. I used this with biotic charge, annihilation, and shockwave with the adept profile................good fucking lord. so many biotic explosions everywhere!!! entire groupd of enemies dieing in like seconds. shits sooo fucking OP.

Plus I got a aug on my chest that restores shields when every I kill an enemy. plus getting my shields with charge. Im a living god right now.

SAM's voice gets a bit tiresome quickly IMO.

Anyone else think they should have had Natalie Dormer be the VA for SAM instead of the doctor? Like Edi's VA she's nice on the ears, and I wouldn't mind her talking to me all the time.

Glad Dormer's in the game anyway.

eliza0224

I have this issue, but with the MP. I can't play a whole match without the game shutting down.

Tovarisc

C8H9a88UwAAytSZ.jpg

https://twitter.com/bioware/status/847244079159103488

The Dude

The animations yea, rough. But this feels like mass effect thru and thru, the actual atmosphere and world art directions are pretty awesome.. And the combat feels great.. Overall I'd say from what I've played it's an 8 out of 10 game and I'm sure it'll stay around there, definitely no where near as bad as people made if out to be going in.

edgefusion

Fuck me, 16 ores found and scanned over several different planets spanning almost the entire game and the reward is
200 fucking credits

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Met
Conrad Verner
sister. Didn't expect that lol.

By the way, what was the point of selecting the gender of Shepard at the start if they never bother mentioning him/her so far?(up to Kadara though). You chose that for 2 or 3 lines in the entire game lol?

I just saw this video

https://youtu.be/XB1vBEaDisI

And even though I am enjoying the game I can't deny that's it's absolutely crazy how things are this bad. It's shocking how much better it actually truly is in the previous games. Who the fuck at BioWare actually saw Sarah Ryder, Anderson with the huge eyes and overall just dead looking face and thought.... "yeah This looks fine"? Has it been confirmed that a different team at BioWare made this? Because it sure would explain some stuff. It's a shame though.

yeah, having fun as well, but there's a level of ineptitude here'n'there (as with the pupil thing) that's so 'entry level' in nature as to be pretty shocking. another thing i've seen more than once is bundles of enemies just appearing out of thin air, with no attempt to cover it up or make it feel believable. very fundamental stuff, which i don't remember being messed up in dragon age: inquisition...

Movie night
was cute.

So I guess I made it to the last story mission? Got a prompt telling me as much. Think I'll stop right there and go back to Zelda for a bit.

edgefusion

Movie night
was cute.

So I guess I made it to the last story mission? Got a prompt telling me as much. Think I'll stop right there and go back to Zelda for a bit.

It was cute, except
my Peebee was bugged so she was stood up in the middle of the room, unmoving, for the entire cutscene.

ViciousDS

Banned
after 30 hours, 40 levels and 50% completion

I can't do this anymore

the game is such a fucking bore and drag............I tried so hard to get into the game and cannot stand the quest design.

I'll probably occasionally pop it in for multiplayer, but single player will no longer be touched. Congrats bioware this is the first game of yours since I started playing the original KOTOR that I have not finished of yours.

I didn't even find inquisition to be this bad to power through despite how bad the hinterlands was.

Tovarisc

after 30 hours, 40 levels and 50% completion

I can't do this anymore

the game is such a fucking bore and drag............I tried so hard to get into the game and cannot stand the quest design.

I'll probably occasionally pop it in for multiplayer, but single player will no longer be touched. Congrats bioware this is the first game of yours since I started playing the original KOTOR that I have not finished of yours.

I didn't even find inquisition to be this bad to power through despite how bad the hinterlands was.

Which is kinda amazing considering MEA is BW's best offering when it comes to how they have structured content and quests are ahead of what DAI did.

PFD

I've got the game fully downloaded a ready to go. Is the game in a good shape, or should I wait for the next patch?

ViciousDS

Banned
Which is kinda amazing considering MEA is BW's best offering when it comes to how they have structured content and quests are ahead of what DAI did.

I think its the way space travel is done with the planets. It takes way to long to just go from one planet to another due to the invisible loading screens

Tovarisc

I've got the game fully downloaded a ready to go. Is the game in a good shape, or should I wait for the next patch?

I didn't run into game breaking bugs in 91h playthrough, but there is jank and some bugs for sure.

YMMV, as some has ran into some nasty bugs

I think its the way space travel is done with the planets. It takes way to long to just go from one planet to another due to the invisible loading screens

It gets old for sure and there is few of those side quests that have you flying all over and nothing else. For large majority MEA is good at getting you to planet and letting you be there for next 12h, so that is nice.

ViciousDS

Banned
I didn't run into game breaking bugs in 91h playthrough, but there is jank and some bugs for sure.

YMMV, as some has ran into some nasty bugs

It gets old for sure and there is few of those side quests that have you flying all over and nothing else. For large majority MEA is good at getting you to planet and letting you be there for next 12h, so that is nice.

Yes fresh planets are decent to do, but once your done you start getting those hopping around quests. That's where the problem lies, and it's due to the space travel design and how long it takes to move between planets and systems

Jharp

It's wild to me they still haven't made some basic quality of life improvements to this franchise. Turning in quests remains one of the biggest pace-interrupting elements of Mass Effect in this game. Having to go back to an outpost, or worse yet, the Nexus, Aya, or a different planet than the one you're one, just to talk to an NPC to finish out a quest is fucking insane to me. You know what's literally never fun? Having to jump to a stop in a new system. That's two loading screens right there. Then having to run around on foot looking for an NPC or fast traveling to a forward station, in an area that is potentially riddled with more loading screens. Running around the Citadel was never fun in the original trilogy, and the Nexus is somehow worse.

Several hundred years in the future, implanted AI, new galaxies, and we can't just create a simple telecommunication system to call NPCs? For fucking serious? Why do I have to fly to Aya to get a plant for Suvi? Does my ship that can travel faster than light really not have some sort of network for purchasing goods from distant sellers? Some kind of inter...network? No? Okay, cool.

Tovarisc

Yes fresh planets are decent to do, but once your done you start getting those hopping around quests. That's where the problem lies, and it's due to the space travel design and how long it takes to move between planets and systems

I ran into maybe... I want to say 3 quests that were only about that hop and then at end when I did clean up I had to hop around for squad's personal quests etc. If you count stuff like returning artifacts to Angaran's as hop quests then there is quite a few, but I tried to plan routing around them so as little as possible space travel.

I totally get why you find it frustrating and turn off.

I get what he's saying though. Late game, I felt like there was way too much planet hopping with quests, with some of it being obnoxious. As an example, broken shuttle on one side of the map that your track through FIVE fucking systems, until you get to it on the other side of the map. That's just ridiculous.

Yep, there is those few pure time wasters. I also totally get where he comes from. Space travel in MEA gets old and tedious quickly.

JoeBoy101

I get what he's saying though. Late game, I felt like there was way too much planet hopping with quests, with some of it being obnoxious. As an example, broken shuttle on one side of the map that your track through FIVE fucking systems, until you get to it on the other side of the map. That's just ridiculous.

Smiley90

At what point do relationships become exclusivr? Peebee just adorably proposed to be exclusive and I accepted, but I still have Cora's and Vetra's missions to meet up... what actual event makes it exclusive and locks you out of the others?

At what point do relationships become exclusivr? Peebee just adorably proposed to be exclusive and I accepted, but I still have Cora's and Vetra's missions to meet up... what actual event makes it exclusive and locks you out of the others?

Well I think at that point you just did. I can tell you that Cora's is when
she invites you to Prodomos on Eos to show you her garden site.

Tovarisc

Being exclusive with e.g. PB doesn't fully shut out more personal moments with Vetra and Cora.

Madness

My cousin just traded it to buy Wildlands. We couldn't even run a match for more than 2 hours over several days. No one would join. Open NAT's, bronze level nothing. He was done after Eos. Just said too boring, found himself skipping the dialogues, Nexus sidequests too dumb. And he beat ME1 to ME3 twice each game, did almost everything you could do in it. It is what it is. Let's see what they have planned for April.

Smiley90

Well I think at that point you just did. I can tell you that Cora's is when
she invites you to Prodomos on Eos to show you her garden site.

I have that mission too though, that's why

Being exclusive with e.g. PB doesn't fully shut out more personal moments with Vetra and Cora.

Define "more personal"... i just wanna wait as long as possible before locking myself into one of the relationships and excluding the others. Did i just do that? Because... that means I have to reload and just cant enter Peebee's room anymore.

Cora definitely doesnt act as if I picked Peebee over her, at least not yet...

Top Bottom