• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Tovarisc

Define "more personal"... i just wanna wait as long as possible before locking myself into one of the relationships and excluding the others. Did i just do that? Because... that means I have to reload and just cant enter Peebee's room anymore.

Cora definitely doesnt act as if I picked Peebee over her, at least not yet...

When my Ryder and Suvi basically said to be exclusively together I lost ability to flirt Vetra further. I was still able to experience parts of her romance path, but not go all the way.

Hahs

after 30 hours, 40 levels and 50% completion

I can't do this anymore

the game is such a fucking bore and drag............I tried so hard to get into the game and cannot stand the quest design.

I'll probably occasionally pop it in for multiplayer, but single player will no longer be touched. Congrats bioware this is the first game of yours since I started playing the original KOTOR that I have not finished of yours.

I didn't even find inquisition to be this bad to power through despite how bad the hinterlands was.
sounds like some scatter-brained unstructured gameplay, I'd be frustrated too​ without a gameplan from the get-go

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
When my Ryder and Suvi basically said to be exclusively together I lost ability to flirt Vetra further. I was still able to experience parts of her romance path, but not go all the way.

I just did Cora: A Foundation and yep, not romancy at all. She called me "a friend". Guess Peebee forced my hand lol, oh well.

My done with this game until patches are made.

I'm tired.

Number of times my vehicule( Nomad ) spammed not on the floor : 3
Number of times i can't move after a dialogue : 5
Number of times i'm directed toward a NPC that isn't there : 7
Number of times a room in the tempest open staight into deep space : 2

WTF
I'm playing on PS4 pro and this game need work... i could have got past the same npcs for some races , the weird npc face for some humans , the horrible lip sync , the lack of music , the weird quest structure and the writing but i'm tired.

Luckily i have plenty of other games to pass the time.

It's a damn shame because i really like the MP ( when the host is decent because otherwise it's a lag fest for me ) because i freaking love using my krogan and headbutting everything while in rage but Pls Fix , bioware

ViciousDS

Banned
sounds like some scatter-brained unstructured gameplay, I'd be frustrated too​ without a gameplan from the get-go

actually its the best gameplay in the series to date, its the reason why multiplayer is a fucking blast!

It's just that I wish planets were more organized content wise like Havarl. I don't need to have 80 quests for the sake of having content to do, to make me explore the planet. If side content is going to be that boring.......slim it down and give more meaningful ones. Quality over quantity.

Grisby

Just did the
^^^Eos battles^^^
part of Jaal's loyalty quest and holy shit. The framerate must have reached single digits. Terrible. :/

Ashtar

Is there any way to get SAM to shut the hell up? like every time I open the mining computer I don't need him to tell me that there are minerals nearby, I mean that's why I opened the mining computer.

Also what's up with the extreme changes in environment? One place I'm fine, five feet over im in critical area but of course it's a fight and I have to keep going back and forth and hear SAM in my ear the whole time.

I finished the second planet, I'm at 99% viability spoiler for Voeld
What the hell was up with that AI? I mean no set up whatsoever I have no idea of it's capability, and then im supposed to care about some dummy angaran who decided after being held captive to try to run up on a random AI? GTFO I kept it hopefully it kills us all

It's easy to get down on this game because of all of the little flaws, SAM being a jack ass, no Krogan romance! , the game pausing when driving the nomad, the animations, the writing which runs from mediocre to bad (I'll turn this car around.... WHAT!)

I'm having a ton of fun with the battles though, I think the profiles thing was a great stroke since it basically allows you to bring any of your teammates along, and you can respec so your abilities don't copy one another.

I'm not sure if i'm enjoying myself playing this game, or if my mind has been so poisoned by the giant bomb crew that all of it's issues are magnified.

actually its the best gameplay in the series to date, its the reason why multiplayer is a fucking blast!

It's just that I wish planets were more organized content wise like Havarl. I don't need to have 80 quests for the sake of having content to do, to make me explore the planet. If side content is going to be that boring.......slim it down and give more meaningful ones. Quality over quantity.
My god the mp is fucking amazing.

ThatGuyfromMars

Neo Member
I just finished the main story earlier tonight, with all the bullshit glitches I had, I really enjoyed the experience, though I probably would not have made the purchase if I couldn't get with Vetra, but I'm glad they did and I'm glad I got to play it. I'm probably in the minority of people that liked the game, however. I'm hoping EA lets this team continue the story.

Too many quests in this game require jumping to different planets. With the high quantity of quests overall, it seems they intend for you to do parts of multiple quests per planet visit. This leads to me often forgetting exactly what each quest was all about in the first place, or at least removing any sense of narrative urgency/pacing a quest story may have had otherwise. It also seriously pads the game out with the unskippable animations traveling from planet to planet, landing/leaving planets, fast traveling to quest locations, etc.

Has anyone tested if annihilation aura primer activates before a biotic charge on an enemy hits for a combo?

I want to build a set with anni/backlash/charge badly. Using a shield cost Lance is just not productive when the range is so short on annihilation.

CrazyDude

Is there any way to get SAM to shut the hell up? like every time I open the mining computer I don't need him to tell me that there are minerals nearby, I mean that's why I opened the mining computer.

Also what's up with the extreme changes in environment? One place I'm fine, five feet over im in critical area but of course it's a fight and I have to keep going back and forth and hear SAM in my ear the whole time.

I finished the second planet, I'm at 99% viability spoiler for Voeld
What the hell was up with that AI? I mean no set up whatsoever I have no idea of it's capability, and then im supposed to care about some dummy angaran who decided after being held captive to try to run up on a random AI? GTFO I kept it hopefully it kills us all

It's easy to get down on this game because of all of the little flaws, SAM being a jack ass, no Krogan romance! , the game pausing when driving the nomad, the animations, the writing which runs from mediocre to bad (I'll turn this car around.... WHAT!)

I'm having a ton of fun with the battles though, I think the profiles thing was a great stroke since it basically allows you to bring any of your teammates along, and you can respec so your abilities don't copy one another.

I'm not sure if i'm enjoying myself playing this game, or if my mind has been so poisoned by the giant bomb crew that all of it's issues are magnified.

What I hate is that Sam is constantly interrupting dialogue in the world from NPC's or the banter of squadmates. "Temperature is increasing" "Radiation is increasing" ect.

I am kind of missing the Milky Way, it's a shame that they screwed up the ending in such a way that makes it impossible to go back there again.

grimmiq

Just finished the main story, ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would from the early video/1st 10 hours. I regret playing on normal though, by the end I was just walking through areas mowing down enemies.

I think I'm going to spend some more time messing around with the character creator (
I liked how my Sara looked in creator, but in later cutscenes she seemed off
). Unforunately since I switched my Origin account connected to my PSN it didn't save my Scott, so need to rebuild from scratch.

UncleMeat

Too many quests in this game require jumping to different planets. With the high quantity of quests overall, it seems they intend for you to do parts of multiple quests per planet visit. This leads to me often forgetting exactly what each quest was all about in the first place, or at least removing any sense of narrative urgency/pacing a quest story may have had otherwise. It also seriously pads the game out with the unskippable animations traveling from planet to planet, landing/leaving planets, fast traveling to quest locations, etc.

Ya that's a really good point. I finished Liam's loyalty mission today and I had no clue, in regards to story, what had led up to that last mission. It had been on hold for so long and I was doing other similar multiple planet missions that I just forgot completely what his mission was even about.

Kaelan

The planet Havarl fucking sucks ass, complicated to maneuver around - cant use the vehicle either so its tedious walking around with a map that is convoluted and annoying when you need to get to certain areas. Plus it seems like way too many enemies, I'm running past most of them ll

malfcn

This Cardinal fight.

I finally have him on the ropes. Need to get ammo and naturally Jaal dies. It's okay, Peebee and I got it. Nope, he warps across the battle, blocks me in a corner and does the auto kill.

I swear.

Pakoe

My done with this game until patches are made.

I'm tired.

Number of times my vehicule( Nomad ) spammed not on the floor : 3
Number of times i can't move after a dialogue : 5
Number of times i'm directed toward a NPC that isn't there : 7
Number of times a room in the tempest open staight into deep space : 2

WTF
I'm playing on PS4 pro and this game need work... i could have got past the same npcs for some races , the weird npc face for some humans , the horrible lip sync , the lack of music , the weird quest structure and the writing but i'm tired.

Luckily i have plenty of other games to pass the time.

It's a damn shame because i really like the MP ( when the host is decent because otherwise it's a lag fest for me ) because i freaking love using my krogan and headbutting everything while in rage but Pls Fix , bioware

Wow, haven't had such a buggy experience myself. I've had a few glitchy animations; after opening a door and trying to get on some stairs while running. Other than that, it hasn't been extremely annoying.

Staf

Just got the scene on
Kadara
after Drack's loyalty mission.
The scene is cool in concept but there was ZERO background music making it all feel so damn sterile and boring.

Dingobloo

Neo Member
Got my first real head scratcher bug 50 hours in from Jaal's Loyalty mission on Eos.

I lured the Roekar to Site 2 and died, but after reloading the auto save and interacting with the beacon, it doesn't start the encounter again.

Tried a few of the usual teleport away and come back, but no dice, might have to reload a manual save.

Just got into the second desert planet's vault and I was surprised at how challenging it had been. A lot of console activation/platform raising puzzles that took me a little while and there was a space-sudoku puzzle that took me a really long time (it gave me barely any clues).

The vaults are almost always the first thing I do on each of the expplorable planets and they had been pretty consistently difficult until now.

Just got into the second desert planet's vault and I was surprised at how challenging it had been. A lot of console activation/platform raising puzzles that took me a little while and there was a space-sudoku puzzle that took me a really long time (it gave me barely any clues).

The vaults are almost always the first thing I do on each of the expplorable planets and they had been pretty consistently difficult until now.

Yeah, I love the vaults. They look amazing and totally gave that sci-fi vibes.

The combination of puzzle, platforming, and remnant encounters is also so good.

A decade ago if you would have told me that Guerrilla and Bioware would release games within a month of each other and the Guerrilla one would have better writing, I would have thought you were insane.

So, after messing around with some builds, I found one that I think is really fun: Adept Tech + Biotic build with the Dhan Shotgun. Explosions. Everywhere.

Energy Drain - damages enemy shields and also primes for combos
Incinerate - damages enemy armor, primes for combos AND is a detonator, so it can combo from Energy Drain
Charge - it can detonate a combo from either Energy Drain or Incinerate

Dhan Shotgun is so damn powerful (especially with Bio Ammo, you will never need to reload, but you lose 5% of your health every time you empty out a clip, but that doesn't matter because we got SHIELDS FOR DAYS). I have the Shield Oscillator on my N7 Chest IV which gives me +25% of my shields for every enemy kill, and I'm specced on everywhere else on my armor for Biotic + Tech recharge and damage.

This is only a level 21 build on Insanity, btw. Looking forward to hitting 30 to be able to max out my Barrier, Tech Offensive and Combat Fitness. I'll post up a video later.

exYle

Just beat it. I might post more coherent thoughts on the game as a whole, but damn, that final mission is fucking amazing. It might be because I made sure to complete practically everything prior to finishing the main quest, but holy shit - there's actually more payoff to your progression in this game than there is in ME3. Was not expecting that.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So I completed Ryder's family secrets - is there more to this that will come up at a later point in the story or are we just left with... that? Last memory&audio logs&
surprising family info/ER
and that's it?

daedalius

The animations yea, rough. But this feels like mass effect thru and thru, the actual atmosphere and world art directions are pretty awesome.. And the combat feels great.. Overall I'd say from what I've played it's an 8 out of 10 game and I'm sure it'll stay around there, definitely no where near as bad as people made if out to be going in.

Pretty much how I feel. Wife and I are really enjoying it so far.

Just beat it. I might post more coherent thoughts on the game as a whole, but damn, that final mission is fucking amazing. It might be because I made sure to complete practically everything prior to finishing the main quest, but holy shit - there's actually more payoff to your progression in this game than there is in ME3. Was not expecting that.
I got the 'these are the final mission(s)' pop up earlier and decided to wait and finish everything up. Psyched to hear it's a really good finale.

I saved the game after the appearance of (boss monster spoiler)
The Architect on Eos
but after loading it no longer appears on the map anywhere. If I mark the quest to defeat it in my journal, the marker doesn't show up - any way around this bug or do I need to revert to a much older save?

malfcn

Woohoo the Cardinal glitched and I beat him. I'll take the cheap win.

Somehow he stopped animating, and barely attacked.

Okay the movie night quest finale was pretty great. Especially the part where Ryder gets to react to
Kallo's "death"
. The casual dialogue choice was hilarious, especially since my Ryder kinda looks like Captain Kirk.

The whole scene was reminiscent of playing cards with everyone in Inquisition, which was also a highlight of that game. Bioware, give us more scenes with the whole crew please.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
"Heeey Ryder"

Vetra is cute :3

MaxiLive

Vetra is my favourite crew member so far! I haven't done any of the loyalty missions yet I don't think... It is hard to tell with the UI which quest is which. I think I'm about to start Vetra's though!

hbkdx12

Been taking my time with this. There's a lot of content to chew through and i'm really enjoying it. Been doing as much as i can before advancing the story which in some cases is a chore when you need to go back and forth between planets.

My biggest issue is that the moments where you have to make a critical choice doesn't feel like it has strong ramification in the moment thus they don't feel very satisfying

JoeBoy101

Vetra is my favourite crew member so far! I haven't done any of the loyalty missions yet I don't think... It is hard to tell with the UI which quest is which. I think I'm about to start Vetra's though!

Her's is fun as I could listen to her and her Sister bicker all day. Plus it takes you to a short but awesome location.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
So I did a bit of fiddling with a re-spec to my Ryder and now I can't jet pack left or right! Anyone know what I've done lol?

Wootball

Two semi-serious bugs for me so far.

Eos:

Fighting in the 'Defeating the Kett' mission against the Invictor, I fight for a good few minutes before dying - but the death screen doesn't appear, I'm just lying on the floor dead and an't do anything other than spin the camera around. Reload last save. Next glitch, I'm using the Asari sword which propels me forwards towards the enemy to deal higher damage than regular melee, but it propels me straight through a wall and off a cliff, then my respawn is inside the Nomad on the other side of the base which is also falling off a cliff. Cue a loop of not being able to get back out, and a reloaded save. Fortunately it was only 15 minutes or so of lost progress, but still.

It's incredible to me how amazingly forward is ryder in this game. I mean this 'We'll bone ok?' meme is way more appropriate for Ryder than it ever was for Shepard.
Also, can I flirt with everyone or will my team call my Ryder for the dog she is.

Top Bottom