• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

MC Safety

this has been infuriating. So many 'next step' on this chain will not unlock unless you go back and forth over and over. This planet is such a piece of shit.

A lot of the game is "our princess is in another castle!" and "here's part one of a six-part puzzle."

It would be a fun experiment for someone who is not me to count the number of times you find X thing and have to find three or four more X things in order to triangulate the position or recover the object or rescue the person.

One of the worst examples has you
chasing a woman infected with a particularly virulent disease. First you have to trace her steps across the Nexus and then you have to get in your ship and jump from planet to planet to planet before finally getting to the right spot. It's an incredibly boring sequence, and that's before you get to the concluding battle between yet another series of faceless bad dudes.

Also, the game is really buggy. It's buggy in a lot of ways, many of which are easily replicated and should have been addressed.

Oh, and I dislike Liam, possibly even more than James Vega. I wanted to enter the game and punch him during his loyalty mission. Although
I really liked the Star Wars reference Ryder makes.

Staf

So i've been playing engineer since the beginning. Thinking of switching it up by going soldier class. Any tip on what skills to use?

So i've been playing engineer since the beginning. Thinking of switching it up by going soldier class. Any tip on what skills to use?

Turbocharge is pretty good if you're gonna focus on weapons. It's basically adrenaline rush/marksman from the previous games. Tactical cloak is probably the best damage boosting power in the game so that's probably something you should look into.

Man, this game is beautiful at times...

32966282873_9531919c54_o.png

Grisby

Damn it. Quest to fight the an
architect
on Eos bugged out. It won't move
on to it's third location and just floats in the sky and of course you can't do any real damage to it.
Drakes Mates
I am on my second playthrough, I will do the opposite this time
I literally just did that mission and chose the Pathfinder because that felt more important. Doesn't seem like it made much of a difference and it doesn't seem like anything came from it.
Ended up going
with Drack. Felt good, plus they can always scrounge up another pathguy.

Damn it. Quest to fight the an
architect
on Eos bugged out. It won't move
on to it's third location and just floats in the sky and of course you can't do any real damage to it.

That quest bugged for me, too.
After I placed the first device, the mission objective had changed to go to meet someone and assumed I'd already placed the second device. Obviously no one was at the meet point, though the objective marker was

My inventory is permanently showing me an exclamation mark for new items but there's nothing new. I don't think they could have devised a more annoying bug.

sangreal

After I placed the first device, the mission objective had changed to go to meet someone and assumed I'd already placed the second device. Obviously no one was at the meet point, though the objective marker was

I had that problem with nobody there too, I just saved and relaunched the game and they showed up

Grisby

Ha. I guess I should
consider myself lucky I at least got to fight it before it bugged.

You know, when
I first got the quest and went to the meeting site no one was there. Was only after coming back after 30 something hours before anyone showed up. Now this.

I guess it's just one buggy ass quest.

olag

So here is a question for everyone who has finished the main mission.

Does the game actually explore some the other darker themes which come with colonisation? ie Slavery or the removal of indigenous populations for living space. It was an interesting subject to discuss prior to release as me and my friends guessed that the krogan/batarians would be against peaceful diplomatic resettlement solutions especially if the local populace was weaker.

sangreal

So here is a question for everyone who has finished the main mission.

Does the game actually explore some the other darker themes which come with colonisation? ie Slavery or the removal of indigenous populations for living space. It was an interesting subject to discuss prior to release as me and my friends guessed that the krogan/batarians would be against peaceful diplomatic resettlement solutions especially if the local populace was weaker.

yes, but barely

UncleMeat

A lot of the game is "our princess is in another castle!" and "here's part one of a six-part puzzle."

It would be a fun experiment for someone who is not me to count the number of times you find X thing and have to find three or four more X things in order to triangulate the position or recover the object or rescue the person.

One of the worst examples has you
chasing a woman infected with a particularly virulent disease. First you have to trace her steps across the Nexus and then you have to get in your ship and jump from planet to planet to planet before finally getting to the right spot. It's an incredibly boring sequence, and that's before you get to the concluding battle between yet another series of faceless bad dudes.

Also, the game is really buggy. It's buggy in a lot of ways, many of which are easily replicated and should have been addressed.

Oh, and I dislike Liam, possibly even more than James Vega. I wanted to enter the game and punch him during his loyalty mission. Although
I really liked the Star Wars reference Ryder makes.

What's funny/frustrating about that mission is that it actually has an interesting premise but it's dragged out so long that you hate it by the end of it. That mission should have never left the nexus.

Staf

Turbocharge is pretty good if you're gonna focus on weapons. It's basically adrenaline rush/marksman from the previous games. Tactical cloak is probably the best damage boosting power in the game so that's probably something you should look into.

Thanks. If i were to try an adept what would the skills be? Other than singularity that is.

sangreal

Ahhh that ice cave quest choice,
killing the AI or the Angara
.. any suggestion? XD

I saved the AI and she spends her time in SAM node plotting how to rid the Hyperion of organics. I went this route because I think it will be more interesting in the sequels

bati

Thanks. If i were to try an adept what would the skills be? Other than singularity that is.

If you liked engi then you could switch to sentinel. ED and Incinerate as primers and Lance (spammable) as detonator. Combos 24/7 and you're basically terminator as far as survivability goes. I don't even use cover and I'm on Insanity.

Ovek

7Member7
I saved the AI and she spends her time in SAM node plotting how to rid the Hyperion of organics. I went this route because I think it will be more interesting in the sequels

If any previous Mass Effect games goes it won't be mentioned or will just have a single throw away line to "resolve" it. ;)

Vamphuntr

Did she disappear from the Hyperion after the ending? Because she did for me. I'm thinking either glitch or let's kill this storyline quickly type of thing?

bati

Btw, anyone else impressed at just how damn reliable LB+RB is? When I started playing I thought I'd constantly use the wrong abilities but it hasn't failed me once so far.

hbkdx12

I wished they treated some of their side quests with the care that they do the loyalty missions.

All the loyalty missions take place in their own
separate part of the environment.

I can think of at least 2 sidequests where you're hopping all over the galaxy following breadcrumbs only to end up on a planet that you've already been to

arhra

My inventory is permanently showing me an exclamation mark for new items but there's nothing new. I don't think they could have devised a more annoying bug.

I've got that with my inventory too. And the Journal (the goddamn space stoners task that I accidentally completed is stuck with the exclamation mark and no description text in the Completed Missions category). And, even more oddly, the Nexus docking port.

I'm enjoying the game despite the issues, but I'm starting to think it was secretly outsourced to Bethesda.

Staf

I just finished Liam's loyalty mission. I have no idea why we were there or what we were doing lol. Everyone's loyalty missions so far have been pretty clear cut what they are about, but Liam's not so much.

I just finished Liam's loyalty mission. I have no idea why we were there or what we were doing lol. Everyone's loyalty missions so far have been pretty clear cut what they are about, but Liam's not so much.
Pretty much sums my thoughts up on Liam's mission. It doesn't help that he lacks the capacity to speak like an actual person.

Adepts are a bit interesting in how you can build them. If you want to play a ranged caster playstyle, your best bet is going singularity, throw, and pull, where you use pull+throw against unshielded/unarmored foes, and singularity + throws against large groups or armored/shielded targets. The problems with something like this is that singularity is the only ranged biotic primer that can prime defended targets, but its cooldown isn't particularly great so you'll mainly have to rely on weapons to strip shields and do armor damage. I haven't found anything as effective against shields as the acolyte from me3, but from what I've used of the reegar it's fairly decent.

Now a close ranged adept is another story, since annihilation can also prime defended targets. I personally run annihilation, throw, and lance in order to pull off combos as quick as possible but there are a ton of ways to can build this. For example, charge might be a good idea since you'll be really close to enemies and probably taking a lot of damage. In the end you should probably just experiment and try whatever you like best since you get tons of skillpoints in this game can always respec later if you want.

Alo0oy

Banned
I don't get why the game doesn't let you create your parents, having two brown characters with two white parents looks stupid. It feels like Bioware wanted to tell a certain story about certain characters and just kept the character editor in as tradition.

Setting up an outpost on
Elaaden
, and the dialogue option says
"Fuck Tann."
. Where's the
"Fuck Addison."
option?

Also, I like to pretend that when I'm taking off of this planet, the marching bugs are lice and SAM says "Now leaving Addison's scalp, Pathfinder.".

Maledict

I don't get why the game doesn't let you create your parents, having two brown characters with two white parents looks stupid. It feels like Bioware wanted to tell a certain story about certain characters and just kept the character editor in as tradition.

I think that's a bug. Apparently if you select a brown female Ryder as your character it will default Alex to white. It is suppossed to be altering his appearance and race based on your choices.

arhra

The parents are supposed to be based on whatever preset you chose for your main character. I went with female preset 1 (Asian), and got this guy as my dad, which seems like a pretty good match for my character.

It wouldn't surprise me if they'd managed to screw up something there and have a bug that loads the wrong parents with certain presets, though.

Settling Kadara mission pissing me the fuck off so much

I am literally having to travel back and forth between Kadara Port, the Slums, the Planet surface, and the Tempest back to back to back.

Complete mission with Reyes, go to tempest to get email from Reyes, go to kadara port to see Reyes, to planet surface for mission, kadara port to see Sloane, go planet surface with sloan (mission ends) , go back to kadara port to talk to sloane (WHO WAS JUST STANDING FUCKING NEXT TO ME)

this has been infuriating. So many 'next step' on this chain will not unlock unless you go back and forth over and over. This planet is such a piece of shit.

just did this this afternoon, & yeah: this game sets new standards for 'padded content' :) ...

& this was following the mission where i had to trail someone by scanning a footprint, hopping in the nomad, driving to the next spot, hopping out, scanning a footprint, hopping back in the nomad, etc. smh - really, i wanna like this game, but it makes it soooo hard! :) ...

Alo0oy

Banned
I think that's a bug. Apparently if you select a brown female Ryder as your character it will default Alex to white. It is suppossed to be altering his appearance and race based on your choices.

The parents are supposed to be based on whatever preset you chose for your main character. I went with female preset 1 (Asian), and got this guy as my dad, which seems like a pretty good match for my character.

It wouldn't surprise me if they'd managed to screw up something there and have a bug that loads the wrong parents with certain presets, though.

So it's either a bug, or based on the preset and not your actual changes, in both cases Bioware needs to fix it ASAP, it didn't bother me too much because
both parents only appear in the first ~30 minutes
, I would have been very pissed otherwise lol.

Question for a late-game Remnant vault.
Is it possible to get both rem-tech containers during the Elaadan vault escape? That damn smoke monster is too damn fast.

I've got that with my inventory too. And the Journal (the goddamn space stoners task that I accidentally completed is stuck with the exclamation mark and no description text in the Completed Missions category). And, even more oddly, the Nexus docking port.

I'm enjoying the game despite the issues, but I'm starting to think it was secretly outsourced to Bethesda.

Nothing in my journal has broken yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Is it possible to get both rem-tech containers during the Elaadan vault escape? That damn smoke monster is too damn fast.

I tried
for both but could only grab one
on the way out, even after fiddling with all of the consoles.

Weebos

Banned
36 hours in, pretty close to the end now I believe. Just wrapping up some side quests before taking the plunge.

Pretty solid, could definitely have used more polish. I think 75/100 is pretty accurate.

Ryzaki009

I'm pretty sure it's that
Liam gave the Angaran chick Nexus access codes, she got caught by pirate dude and you needed to spring her before he got access to them.

abundant

uhhh, I only have the last story mission left, about 50 hours play time, and I have no idea what an
'architect'
is???

They're those giant octopus like robot you've seen in the trailer. Think of them like ME's Dragons. You'll see one during the final battle.

Yeah I suspect that character models' skins are white by default and the black colours are an overlay or something as I had a weird cutscene moment where my (black) Ryder reached a hand out somewhere and his hand and wrist turned pink halfway up to the elbow, lol!

exYle

That's weird. Both of my Ryder's were white yet my mom had quite dark skin.

The map is shaped kind of like a question mark, or a P, right? Get the first one, turn right, sprint around through that hallway and get the second one on your way back to the end. The smoke kind of chases you linearly, you won't end up running into the smoke in front of you accidentally.

Damn, some people on another forum I frequent were like "the Isharay is best when it's got a vintage heat sink" and they were not exaggerating. I slapped a vintage heat sink and seeking plasma augment on the thing before crafting it, then added an SR chassis and barrel mod, and I've got a gun that's giving me all sorts of ME1 flashbacks. All it needs are permanent explosive rounds that cause absurd ragdolling to completely fill the role of ME1's absurdly OP sniper rifles.

On a less positive note, I had a few Bronze matches with fucktards who didn't revive or go for the objectives, which led to at least one match ending in failure.

Top Bottom