• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Madness

Looks like they need to patch their patch as people who already have the super delux or deluxe editions and already claimed the hoodie cannot get the new outfits or nomad paintjobs...

Yeul

Looks like they need to patch their patch as people who already have the super delux or deluxe editions and already claimed the hoodie cannot get the new outfits or nomad paintjobs...

Yeah I can't access it so while I'm glad to know it's not just me, it was confusing for a good few minutes while I figured out it was a bug. They are looking into it now though so hopefully it's fixed soon so I, too, can look like I'm going to a frat party.

Yeul

Yeah with the casual outfit, it seems like they didn't code in a way for you to accept requisitions more than the first time you receive them so hopefully that's fixed soon. I'd rather not start a NG+ until the CC patch just for an outfit lol.

Caboose

Don't they test this shit, good lord. It happens to 100% of players.

Madness

Pretty much called it. So many here were saying no way EA wouldn't already be working on the next entry etc. What studio did you think would handle it? Montreal which showed it wasn't ready for AAA development, Edmonton has their own IP and the rest are given Star Wars an even bigger IP. The only hope now is if Edmonton's new game isn't a success and that they move Edmonton back onto Mass Effect. It is why people like Casey left, and a lot of Andromeda writers have left. They won't stay around a studio that is being put as support for Andromeda or merged with another studio ie. Ann Lemay who wrote for Drack and his loyalty mission etc.

Madness

That's good.

So would you say the MP is worth $35?

Is free content still coming? And is the game's MP still populated on PC?

Game is pretty dead on PC. Don't really see streamers. Has fallen pretty far on XBL too. So far it has taken them almost 1.5 months just to get 2 patches out. So they'll still have patches to fix some issues. But with half the staff gone, don't expect major things like DLC. Maybe whatever was already planned, budgeted or completed.

tootie923

That's good.

So would you say the MP is worth $35?

Is free content still coming? And is the game's MP still populated on PC?

I have the game on PS4, so I can't help out there. I've put many hours into it so far and enjoyed it a lot. I only stopped playing for a week and half waiting for this patch. There are more patches coming supposedly, but I don't know about free content. For $35, it's definitely worth it to me.

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/862371977608167425

This sucks. No DLC, no sequels, it's over.

I really want a comprehensive post-mortem of this game's development. I want to know what the fuck happened. :(

8bit

Knows the Score
Finished it earlier, found it hard work to get into at first but really enjoyed it by the end. It's a mess though.

Bombless

Game is pretty dead on PC. Don't really see streamers. Has fallen pretty far on XBL too. So far it has taken them almost 1.5 months just to get 2 patches out. So they'll still have patches to fix some issues. But with half the staff gone, don't expect major things like DLC. Maybe whatever was already planned, budgeted or completed.

Not anymore. Today's patch has made the game fun again. There's still stuff to balance (and some enemies need to be buffed a bit more now that powers and weapons actually deal damage) but you can play and feel like you make a difference without melee or Vanquisher. Even the engineer turret is killing stuff left and right, imagine that!

A new fun class was added too, the turian agent (a mix of geth flamer and infiltrator!). The MP alone is definitely worth 35$. I'll wait for the June patch to return to the single player, in the meantime I'll play MP.

diaspora

mods tho

"On ice/hiatus" doesn't mean canceled, but it could mean a situation where we won't see another game for over 5 years.

between dylan and DA4 I feel like this should have been people's expectation in the first place with or without a hiatus

deafmedal

How do you guys think MAE compares to dragon age inquisition?

Finished DA:I, no urge to go back, fighting urge to continue ME:A NG+ (waiting for patches). Bored to no end with DA:I MP, new ME:A MP patch feels great thus far.

TBF, not really a fan of DA, but at least I've finished those games, unlike any of the games in The Witcher series. But I'm likely in the minority and I probably have bad taste ;)

MAX PAYMENT

Finished DA:I, no urge to go back, fighting urge to continue ME:A NG+ (waiting for patches). Bored to no end with DA:I MP, new ME:A MP patch feels great thus far.

TBF, not really a fan of DA, but at least I've finished those games, unlike any of the games in The Witcher series. But I'm likely in the minority and I probably have bad taste ;)

I've just never played dragon age. I figured I could give it a shot.

prag16

Banned
I really hope that they wrap up the
Quarian Ark
and
Benefactor
plotlines in story DLC since the series is essentially cancelled now.
This. I'll be extremely annoyed if they don't. Least they could do. Give us some farewell DLC at least.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How did I not know about "favorites" until now 25 hours into the game!

I can quickly switch between 12 different powers and 4 different profiles?!

Was this tutorialized but I missed it?

I really hope that they wrap up the
Quarian Ark
and
Benefactor
plotlines in story DLC since the series is essentially cancelled now.

Isn't
the benefactor the illusive man? I'm assuming they didn't explicitly reveal it because they didn't want to pay Martin Sheen

prag16

Banned
Isn't
the benefactor the illusive man? I'm assuming they didn't explicitly reveal it because they didn't want to pay Martin Sheen

Among existing character he's certainly the most likely contender.

But even so there's still the whole
Jien Garson murder mystery subplot;
I want to see that resolved no matter who the Benefactor turns out to be.

Madness

Isn't there a datapad of some Angaran writing to the Benefactor thanking him for a transfer and to come visit his homeworld or something. Definitely don't think it is Illusive Man anymore. Would make no sense for him to fund a bunch of species to leave the Milky Way while he nearly bankrupts Cerberus saving Shepard. Plus Garson murder, Reyes Vidal mysterious backstory, Addison knew Alec and has been very shady from the start etc.

karasu

I was only about three hours in and hated my characters lack of a top lip so I started all over.

lc9pa3p.jpg

Qwyjibo

This game is trying to do everything it can to get me to stop playing it. What an unpolished mess.

I'm doing the Kett base mission on Voeld. I'm at the part where I have to "Enter the Hangar Bay". I died once against the main boss thing so it reloaded my save just outside the door. Now the door seems bugged and won't let me open it. Probably because the game already spawned the enemies behind it (they're on my radar). The door behind me to leave is locked so I can't even leave the area. I keep reloading hoping to inch closer to the door to open it before the enemies spawn and no luck. I get the prompt to open it but it just stays closed.

Is there anything I can do? A console command? Anything other than reloading an earlier save?

The hell is up with this multiplayer tutorial? Here shoot some shit and sit still for extraction...ok got it. Next, here's 3 invisible dogs and a hail mary of 1000 bullets, go fuck yourself. What sort of tutorial is this? I kinda wanna try multiplayer but the setup is the hardest shit in the game.

Top Bottom