• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Madness

I will say, they did do well with a lot of the characters save for Gil, Doctor Lexi, Liam etc. Cora gets a pASS from me because she is waifu but her Asari manuals talk was too much. In coversation, emails etc.

PeeBee, Vetra, Jaal and Drack are all up there as great squadmates. Imagine if the next game had massive loyalty missions for each character. More than just one mission. Dialogue on Tempest centered around how you did. More linear etc. The Mass Effect I dream up in my mind rarely comes to fruition. ME2 for whatever it was, they did do something more than ME1 that I really liked. Exploration was down to non existent, but they made up for it with great missions, squadmates, dialogue, combat etc.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
MEA2 could be made of only loyalty missions and I'd love it. They were some of the best parts of Andromeda(well except when they ask you to go left & right across the cluster to talk to one person).

Madness

Apparently there is an Angaran you can recruit for the Resistance on Kadara if you have Jaal. Anyone know exactly where she is holed up? Supposedly rigs bombs near the path etc.?

jamsy

I'm about 26 hours in and I'm not sure if....I'm having much actual fun playing this. Like there is all this stuff there content-wise but it's just not great? I don't know. The old Mass Effect games I remember being immersed and wanting to see more and explore and follow the story. This one I'm just looking forward to getting over with.

I just found the
coordinates to the Kett ship. Also a bunch of other side quests opened up.
How much longer do I have if I stick to just the main/loyalty missions?

rjcc

If you burn through it you can probably be done in 15~ hours? Probably less if you're not concerned about building up the planetary resources and whatnot.

jamsy

If you burn through it you can probably be done in 15~ hours? Probably less if you're not concerned about building up the planetary resources and whatnot.
Thanks. Guess I'll tough it out.

BTW, when does your
twin wake up? Do I need to collect more of those memory shard things?

Replicant

Just completed it on Insanity. It was okay I guess. Those henchmen with machine gun were annoying as fuck. Even worse is those Annointed Balls or whatever.

Next one, if there's one, needs less padding and more direct stuff like the main mission and the loyalty mission. Don't really care about setting up an outpost or activating remnant. Still scored 100% viability on all planets though.

Most memorable moment/scene.

8bit

Knows the Score
I'm missing a memory fragment somewhere, but I can't seem to figure out where. Anyone have a decent guide with planet maps?

I bought this game but haven't started it yet, have they fixed most of what they're going to fix or should I wait a bit longer to start playing?

Lime

I bought this game but haven't started it yet, have they fixed most of what they're going to fix or should I wait a bit longer to start playing?

Wait a bit. A fix for the shoddy character creator and other things are still in the pipeline, supposedly.

Apparently there is an Angaran you can recruit for the Resistance on Kadara if you have Jaal. Anyone know exactly where she is holed up? Supposedly rigs bombs near the path etc.?
He's in paradise, across from the counter. Forgot his name. Sjaal or something like it.

Completed the game, 93% rate and took me pretty much 60 hours on the minute.
Skipped most Task -sidemissions as they were worthless. Did all planetary missions and loyalty stuff.

Eh, it was allright i guess. But just ends and most emotional moments were ruined by glitches like Ryder's character model missing alltogether from the Movie Night :D

Drack and Peebee were the best supporting characters. The chatter between Jaal and Peebee was also very funny.

I really liked the Ryder Family Secrets quest - or at least the pay off of it. I was thinking about how they could have handled memory unlocks differently. Instead of scattering them around the maps, I think it could have been really cool to have memories trigger by getting certain dialogue from characters you talk to. For example, talking to people on the Hyperion about Alec's career could unlock some of the early memories, while talking to certain characters about the initative could unlock others.

Not sure how well this would have worked, but I'd prefer something that actually relates to story its telling rather than random locations in a new galaxy. Though to be fair, collecting the memory shards was pretty painless.

Never was there a more perfect dialogue option in Andromeda
329dBit_5pVmeOjnwVp8R6G_cQU5rlorYV2ukn2bpscdXRahw0_9hCjK7c6FHxkEsgVwgT55KkOCgfFvTRwB9Z9pNlYngzpjuiA
Probably the only time I went with the jerk option.

Now if only that also referred to Liam.

Can someone explain how outposts work? I've unlocked the first one a while back and decided to go back and try increase its viability or whatever. So how do you actually get more outposts on a planet? Can you expand a current one by doing missions for them? The only thing I found at one so far was a couple of super trivial missions. Is there more to it that I've missed somehow?

I swear this game just doesn't explain shit well. Like I've no idea how to use my miner either.

8bit

Knows the Score
Can someone explain how outposts work? I've unlocked the first one a while back and decided to go back and try increase its viability or whatever. So how do you actually get more outposts on a planet? Can you expand a current one by doing missions for them? The only thing I found at one so far was a couple of super trivial missions. Is there more to it that I've missed somehow?

I swear this game just doesn't explain shit well. Like I've no idea how to use my miner either.

Only one outpost per planet, you need to do other missions / find Bafmodads to add further viability.

Rodhull

The thrown enemy trophy has to be glitched...
Been doing it for hours and somehow haven't gotten a trophy for 25.

Yeah that took me ages as well. I could only guess that distance affected whether the throw counted or not. Once I started throwing people into others at closer range I got the trophy not long after.

Madness

Will give that a shot, thanks.

Max your pull and throw. Hold the pull, wait till another enemy has their health bar displayed and throw. Should get it fairly quickly.

The Remnant VI achievement is missable if you forget to have your Remnant VI not target Architects before they are all killed.

He's in paradise, across from the counter. Forgot his name. Sjaal or something like it.

That is the person on Elaaden. Already recruited. There is the sniper near the ice and cloaked Wraiths on Voeld, and the Map stealer in Techiix on Voeld as well that is optional if you confront. I chose not to confront so couldn't recruit him. Someone said there is a person on Kadara along some road holed up with mines. But I never found that Angaran. Thoughts?

Rodhull

Max your pull and throw. Hold the pull, wait till another enemy has their health bar displayed and throw. Should get it fairly quickly.

The Remnant VI achievement is missable if you forget to have your Remnant VI not target Architects before they are all killed.

Yup I've not managed to get the Remnant VI one either. Pretty sure I targeted all the different types too. Unless there's a specific way of targeting that I've missed.

The patch thread gave me a dumb idea earlier about Andromeda 2 but thought it would be interesting to see opinions of it.

What if a Shepard clone was stashed on one of the arks and actually becomes an npc crewmember in the sequel.

http://futuredisco.club/random/andromeda.jpg

So yeah, this kinda took the wind out this emotional scene :D PS4 version

The exact thing happened to me.

Harlequin

Best characters? Hm, Reyes, Kallo, Lexi, Vetra, Jaal, Peebee, Kesh. May have forgotten one or two but yeah.

andromeda.jpg

LMAO. I'm still a bit disappointed that you can't have Reyes with you in that scene when most other romances are acknowledged. But then Reyes' romance has too little content in general, unfortunately.

Never was there a more perfect dialogue option in Andromeda

Probably the only time I went with the jerk option.

Now if only that also referred to Liam.

Image link doesn't work :/. Is it when you get to bark at Peebee during her loyalty mission? EDIT: Ah, it's not :p.

The image is missing and yet I know exactly what line it must be.
I don't know how to keep links to Google plus images from expiring with the stupid PS4 browser.

"You know, it's hard to calculate how few fucks I give about Tann's opinion."
Just so good, was definitely feeling exactly that by that point in the game.

Someone said there is a person on Kadara along some road holed up with mines. But I never found that Angaran. Thoughts?

Going off memory, but I believe she's in the lower left quadrant of the map, sometime after you pass the hillside station that needs their satellite equipment repaired. She'll mention she has land mines out and to keep moving; you should be able to find her hiding behind a small metal barrier next to the road.

Yup I've not managed to get the Remnant VI one either. Pretty sure I targeted all the different types too. Unless there's a specific way of targeting that I've missed.

There is a specific way of targeting, found that out. Usually I just activated the VI and let it do its' own thing, but there were a few times where it would just hover, doing nothing. You target something with your reticle, then press whatever key/button you activated it with to make it target and attack what you are looking at. That was the only way to make sure it would attack an architect. As it turns out what I was missing from the trophy was the smaller droids the Assembler pops out; either they were self-destructing on my team or they were taking them out too fast for the VI to attack.

"Tactical Cloak is for missions only, Ryder."

Rodhull

There is a specific way of targeting, found that out. Usually I just activated the VI and let it do its' own thing, but there were a few times where it would just hover, doing nothing. You target something with your reticle, then press whatever key/button you activated it with to make it target and attack what you are looking at. That was the only way to make sure it would attack an architect. As it turns out what I was missing from the trophy was the smaller droids the Assembler pops out; either they were self-destructing on my team or they were taking them out too fast for the VI to attack.

That's what I've been doing but no luck so far. Maybe those smaller droids are the ones I've missed as well then. Definitely targeted assemblers but the smaller ones don't sound familiar so I could have been killing them too quick without realising.

Highly doubt they announce any paid DLC until after the next expected (June) patch.
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the June patch gets announced at the same time as a possible Quarian Ark DLC, unless they're publishing that damn novel for no marketing reason.

Akai__

I read on TrueAchievements that not only do you have to target a Destroyer itself, but you also have to target it's turret for it to count. Did this and it popped right away.

What if a Shepard clone was stashed on one of the arks and actually becomes an npc crewmember in the sequel.

the game asks in the beginning what gender your Shepard was, i though they would have mentioned her several times in the game but i can't remember a single instance. Hidden shepard clone somewhere in there? :D

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the June patch gets announced at the same time as a possible
Quarian Ark DLC
, unless they're publishing that damn novel for no marketing reason.
would be kinda interesting if you played as the Quarian Pathfinder for the majority of the DLC

prag16

Banned
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the June patch gets announced at the same time as a possible Quarian Ark DLC, unless they're publishing that damn novel for no marketing reason.

Announcement the same day as the June patch could be feasible. I just definitely don't expect them to make such an announcement BEFORE the patch is available. Bad optics and such.

Framerate seems a lot better, at least when walking around the tempest (playing on the pro). Still have to test more, but i found additional options for graphics setting, motion blur and depth of field quality. I don't remember these being availlable pre patch.

Top Bottom