• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

RELAYER

Banned
I bet neither of them go home.
They need the villains for hilarious drama.

If anything it will be Tali since Ryan is the more potent villain.

Also, while Ryan may be an undeniable douche, everyone on the balcony cheering his cake failure was tacky.

Man, if Ryan doesn't go home after that cake collapse this show officially no longer has a shred of credibility whatsoever.

"I'm not a 'scientist in baking in the kitchen!' I'm a magician in the kitchen!" lol

Also, while Ryan may be an undeniable douche, everyone on the balcony cheering his cake failure was tacky.

You think maybe their reactions possibly had anything to do with the overall much more tacky behavior of him being a rude loudmouth every single show and constantly declaring how he wanted to throw everyone under the bus every chance he had?

I think he was trying a final gamble there. Good riddance.

You're right, now that I think about it he probably was hoping they'd do a shock turnaround and tell his bff Tali to go home. Noble indeed. Haha

And David is slowly morphing into a new villain, he's pretty petty and vindictive.

Agreed, he's definitely starting to turn up the cranky, entitled diva knob a few notches.

RELAYER

Banned
You think maybe their reactions possibly had anything to do with the overall much more tacky behavior of him being a rude loudmouth every single show and constantly declaring how he wanted to throw everyone under the bus every chance he had?

Why are you addressing me? Did you take offense because I believe cheering on the failure of another is tacky?
Humble in victory, gracious in defeat.
They are no better than Ryan. They've just begun to show their true colors.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
3 people got immunity from the pressure test. That seems excessive.

Absolutely.

I'm expecting neither to go home.

Edit: Surprising. Just for the ratings point of having a "villain" I thought they would keep him around, especially after talking to him on stage like they did.

Why are you addressing me? Did you take offense because I believe cheering on the failure of another is tacky?

I'm not saying cheering on someone for losing is something a person normally SHOULD do, just that it was understandable in this case considering what a constant jerk Ryan was.

Humble in victory, gracious in defeat.

Yup, and as we saw with Ryan tonight, Pride goeth before a fall.

They are no better than Ryan. They've just begun to show their true colors.

Uh, actually most of them have behaved much better than Ryan so far.

Here's my take on Ryan.

He's a complete douche that, to me, appears to be the type of person that thinks he's cool when he's actually not. My guess is he got criticized and/or bullied in school because of it. If you watch his mannerisms and hear those things he was saying when in the pantry talking to the judges, it is clear the guy is not socially normal. Everything he said was cringeworthy. I mean, that comment about throwing people under the bus...who talks like that? He reminds me of the kid in middle school that tried SO hard to get other people to like him by trying to be funny and just couldn't. If the kid isn't a douchebag, you feel bad for him. Unfortunately, in this case, the kid is a huge douchebag.

Now, since everyone else in the competition is mature and could care less how cool they look, he sees an opportunity to be "cool" and has decided to step up being a douche and act like he's the hottest guy in the entire state.

I could not believe he gave a blind woman a real crab to cut and cook. What a complete jackass. Then he has the audacity at the end of the episode to say that he needs to start taking out the "other douchebags" in the competition. Right.

NAILED IT. This perfectly encaptures why it was a pleasure to see him go home tonight.

Tamanon

Banned
LOL that they mixed up the dessert reactions on the beginning previews.

"Tastes like a banana split" "Thank you" "It's not supposed to be a banana split"

They could have just put "TROLOLOLOL" on the screen during that elimination. Cold blooded

"Felix, it's time to say goodbye...to Scott!" Yeah, that's cold. Didn't they eliminate someone else kind of the same way? Really surprised it wasn't Becky. Joe spits out her food AND calls it unedible? I'm calling producer foul on that one.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
"And don't forget to pick up your meat in the Walmart produce aisle." Uh huh, yeah sure thing, Graham and Joe. lol

And slice it with your amazing new Master Chef knife set!

The blind chick is going to win it. She has super tastebuds

She's a gift to producers, if she doesn't win it all she'll be in it to the very end at least. Is nice to see that she does have a great talent, and doesn't seem to be getting a pass.

LM4sure

Banned
Becky obviously had the worse dessert, but they said her saving grace was that the other two desserts were worse. WTF. I mean, Becky obviously wouldn't be eliminated even if she was in the bottom two, so maybe they wanted to leave the audience guessing with Felix and that other dude

LobLob

Banned
It almost feels like Christine had to throw her dish because she's been dominating too much.

Eh, i was disappointed that she used everything but strawberries. I don't know what she was thinking. It still looked great but they asked for a strawberry shortcake, i am just glad the Chefs liked it's taste.

Pkaz01

Eh, i was disappointed that she used everything but strawberries. I don't know what she was thinking. It still looked great but they asked for a strawberry shortcake, i am just glad the Chefs liked it's taste.

Well its not the first time this has happened if it sucked she would be a goner for sure but they do bend the rules when the other dishes are extremely bad like tonight.

I was a little annoyed that becky didn't even use the most important part of the mystery box and didn't even get called out for it, instead she got to be in the top 3. I think that is bs

benjipwns

Banned
When Tali started making that "air" I was expecting madness. He even disappoints at that.
There's also the risk that they say "make me a strawberry shortcake" and you do. And then they're all "why didn't you think outside the box? Try some raspberries or a grapefruit or something! Strawberry shortcake is just so unoriginal!"

Top Bottom