• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

Bossun

Funny how there is some ghost contestants.

The black dude, I don't even remember his name, he seems nice and funny and a decent cook but we saw him maybe twice, otherwise he's only in the background.

Edit: The cowboy guy too. The only time we saw him was when he was smashing the pork

benjipwns

Banned
Monti really does not like Ryan.

The black dude, I don't even remember hi name, he seems nice and funny and a decent cook but we saw him maybe twice, otherwise he's only in the background.
Like I said earlier, this is apparently how the show treats black dudes. If you see him a lot he's going home.

Tamanon

Banned

The black dude, I don't even remember hi name, he seems nice and funny and a decent cook but we saw him maybe twice, otherwise he's only in the background.

Still too many contestants, that's usually a good sign I think if they're not showing up too much.

Zoe

Still too many contestants, that's usually a good sign I think if they're not showing up too much.

Yeah, I remember from the first season when Sheetal started showing halfway through the season. I was like "who the hell is this?" and then she made it to the top 4.

Ryan: "It's time to throw some people under the bus, just call me Mr. Bus driver!" Wow.

And delighting in giving a blind girl a live crab and smiling as she cuts herself. To think I hated Christian last year. This piece of scum is gonna make it a long season.

JambiBum

Yesss. I just want to see Ryan and Tali fail. Ryan was a dick for making the nips "joke" in the last challenge. But taking delight in the fact that Christine got hurt with the live crab just goes to a whole new level.

Bossun

It's interesting to see Ramsay professionalism.

He's pretty nice in masterchef compared to hells kitchen.

Yet during the army stuff we kind of saw a hells kitchen scene with the raw pork.
I think he is mostly lenient in general but when there is some real clients he just doesn't laugh at all. That's a good thing.

rinse82

Ryan: "It's time to throw some people under the bus, just call me Mr. Bus driver!" Wow.

And delighting in giving a blind girl a live crab and smiling as she cuts herself. To think I hated Christian last year. This piece of scum is gonna make it a long season.

Or the smiling part couldve been, you know, editing

lol Ohhhh, that didn't quite pan out now did it?

I'd borrow my copy of Radiant Silvergun to a kindergartner for a whole day just for the chance to beat the snot outta Ryan.

Tamanon

Banned
I will say, seeing "Ryan, unemployed" each time he has a talking head cracks me up considering what an asshole he is to others.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Christine seems awesome, I just hope a lot of it isn't pressure from the producers, even so that was impressive. How'd that taste, Ryan?

This show has shown that cooking skill is secondary to marketability in a winner. If she doesn't win, she's at likely to stay in the game till near the end.

Dr Prob

Banned
Pretty sure that was Monty (Monti?) that said that in the preview in response to Ryan getting on her case.

Pretty sure you misread something there. Get out!

KO4No.jpg

Just kidding, but for the record I'm pro-Felix and anti-Monti, even though she's right to dislike Ryan, who is not only an asshole, but a stupid asshole.

It's important to make your positions clear when discussing things of this magnitude.

This show has shown that cooking skill is secondary to marketability in a winner. If she doesn't win, she's at likely to stay in the game till near the end.

For sure. I missed Monday's show, seems like they're treating her with kid gloves, has she been slammed by our "judges" yet?

Yep, Christian was a boss and should have won the whole fucking thing, not that stupid chick whose name I don't remember. Still bitter about that.

He was obviously a good cook but he was too full of himself which is part of the reason why he got destroyed on a simple meat and potato dish before leaving. As always, pride goeth before a fall. Adrian definitely deserved to win, super creative and his plating was phenomenal. But Miss Blonde Delaware was obviously more money.

On another note, what is up with celebrity chefs trying to jerk their employees out of their hard earned tips?

Say it aint so, Joe. Even Lex Luthor pays people what they're worth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Bastianich

(Joe) Bastianich and his business partner Mario Batali were sued for skimming tips from his restaurant staff. The suit was settled for more than $5 million.

Oh and looky here, Porky McDork-Glasses is a Grinch too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Elliot

In March of 2012, Elliot was sued by a former front of the house employee and investigated by the Federal Department of Labor's Division of Wage and Hour over the practice of skimming tips from servers and bartenders and using that money to subsidize the salaries of his kitchen staff. Accusations of violations of state and federal minimum wage law were also raised in the lawsuit.

Dartastic

Watching the first couple episodes of season 3. Goddamn, title is totally right. There's a shit-ton of tears.

I'm not reading much of this thread because I don't wants spoilers, but I do like how people are surprised by Ramsay's professionalism. I thought he was a giant cock too from what I saw in Hell's Kitchen, but then I actually saw some of his other work and I genuinely *got* the guy. I like him, a lot. He's just extremely, extremely passionate.

^^^^

My take on why Ramsay is so rough on HK is those people ARE already paid chefs and should know better. That said I still don't like HK, too much yelling and cussing and forced insanity. Plus the people are uh, REALLY unattractive and look like substance abusers or trailer park rejects half the time.

I LOVE Ramsay on MC and Kitchen Nightmares. I really should sample some of his UK stuff though one of these days which is supposed to be more real according to our overseas friends here.

benjipwns

Banned
The premise of the two shows is different. HK is about, well, going through the infamous hell of service under Ramsay until one is left standing. MC is about taking home cooks and turning them into a chef.

The UK Kitchen Nightmares is maybe Ramsay's best series.

Check out the documentary Boiling Point to see Ramsay on the job back in the day.

DJ_Lae

Ryan is such a cunt.

I know it's mostly editing, but seeing his smarmy little douche face smiling down when Christine jabbed herself (or anyone did anything, really) was just unbearable.

It probably won't happen but it would be amusing to see him go home next episode. Too bad Tali didn't go today.

Top Bottom