• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

benjipwns

Banned
Oh hey, what a surprise. No one was expecting this. At all. This might be the most surprising thing in the history of television.
Uhhh Gordon clearly stated THIS WAS THE MOST DIFFICULT DECISION IN THE HISTORY OF MASTERCHEF.

In other news, Channel4's given him another show: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/gordon-ramsays-ultimate-cookery-course
In this practical home cookery series Gordon Ramsay strips away the graft and complexity to show how to cook 100 simple, accessible and modern recipes to stake your life on

Sumidor

I'm kinda glad I didn't waste my time watching the finale. Once Christine made it to the finals, I knew she'd win. I was hoping that it was going to be Becky and Josh, so at least there would've been some kind of suspense.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm kinda glad I didn't waste my time watching the finale. Once Christine made it to the finals, I knew she'd win. I was hoping that it was going to be Becky and Josh, so at least there would've been some kind of suspense.

I thought it was predictable that Christine would win the season from the beginning since she was very markable person.

chris121580

This thread is nauseating. People really didn't think Christine deserved to win? I'm pretty sure she never put out one bad dish the entire season. Josh was eliminated at one point and he didn't fully cook his lobster. The decision seems pretty damn easy to me but as usual people are going to bitch just to bitch

Grinchy

Banned
So predictable. But, I thought Josh had the better fishes. Christine is so one-note.

Yeah I was really hoping for Josh to win. He did so much shit throughout the season. He showed off so many crazy techniques. Christine is good but doesn't seem to know quite as much as Josh.

oh god i wanna fuck felix so bad

I go back and forth on her. I thought she was really hot at one point, and she obviously has a great body. But that dumb red lipstick and those really dumb pigtails are such a turn off. If she dressed more like a normal person she'd be so much hotter.

Zoe

I go back and forth on her. I thought she was really hot at one point, and she obviously has a great body. But that dumb red lipstick and those really dumb pigtails are such a turn off. If she dressed more like a normal person she'd be so much hotter.

She looked really cute in her last episode, but she looked so dumb last night. I don't know what she was thinking.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
When Felix looks like this, I like her:
MasterChef-FelixFang.in-kitchen_green.jpg

When Felix looks like this, I think I'm watching an exploitation movie:

tmdorsey

Really happy for Christine, but unforunately I think the producers stepped in and gave her the win. It did seem like it was really close and tough decision though. I think Josh should have got extra points for trying something different where as Christine played it safe and simple. Every dish Josh put out looked good and apparently tasted good to great. Ok, he under cooked the lobster, but he had never cooked it before and took a risk. You could have just as easily knocked Christine for the presentation of some of her dishes.

That said, I'm really happy for Christine. She's just so adorable and really held her own the entire season. All in all a good season of the show and I will be tuning in next season.

Damn Josh, you had to cook Lobster....Would probably have been more interested in his cook book (Assuming those deals actually pan out).

Christine is definitely a huge inspiration though so I'm happy for her. That pork looked mm mmm good.

Pkaz01

Ok, he under cooked the lobster, but he had never cooked it before and took a risk. You could have just as easily knocked Christine for the presentation of some of her dishes.

Im with Joe when it comes to this. He took a risk, again over complicated things and failed why give him points for that? If taking risks and over complicating shit would make you win Tali would be mastechef

final challenge was about what they learned. Christine learned to balance a menu and believe in what she cooked. What did josh learn?

Im with Joe when it comes to this. He took a risk, again over complicated things and failed why give him points for that? If taking risks and over complicating shit would make you win Tali would be mastechef
Hahhaha just the thought of tali n the finale slays me. Imagine what he would do. Can't even picture it.

Just finished watching. SO happy she one. She deserved to win the whole season. Some of her dishes like that crab martini was just mind boggling.

As for the finale i thought it was obvious as fuck she was going to win. It seems like all of you are just going by looks and being creative. When both of that doesn't mean shit if it doesn't taste good. Josh's overcooked app is what cost him the title. Period. Going the extra mile doesn't mean anything if you fuck up on the main component. BUT he did a great job and deserved to be in the finale. The amount of miracles this dude pulled off was pretty entertaining.

And like someone else said the ending is really anti climatic.

The winner is Christine!!..5 second celebration...credits

Are the international episodes good? I've been tempted to watch.

tmdorsey

final challenge was about what they learned. Christine learned to balance a menu and believe in what she cooked. What did josh learn?

Oh absolutely, but it's not like the entire dish was completely fucked. Just that one component and the stated right before how hard it is to cook lobster just right.

Regardless, I have no real problem with Christine winning and I'm glad it came down to those 2 in the final. I don't care what anybody says, Josh deserved to be in the finals. He'd had been on a damn tear ever since he fought his way back.

Are the international episodes good? I've been tempted to watch.

I like the Australian ones. There were 70 episodes for the 2012 season, so you really get to know every single person in the top 24 and their cooking styles and stuff. Add in the Masterclass episodes and it actually becomes super fun to watch. A+ would recommend.

I think they picked Christine because she could do some sponsor deal stuff and become the face of a company and be all inspirational and stuff. Fox can milk the crap out of a blind Asian woman who can cook well.
Another benefit of letting Christine win is now Josh could get offers from Gordon/Graham/Joe/others to work in their restaurants and train him to be a great chef and run a restaurant. Even Joe said a few times, there's no way a blind woman can do well in a restaurant or line-cook scenario, so letting Josh have that opportunity would be better.

benjipwns

Banned
My favorite part is that he literally says this every single new season of every single one of his shows. It's not a difficult decision. They new right from the beginning that they were going to do everything they could to make Christine win.
This is the most STUNNING decision of this MAGNIFICENT season.

medrew

I like the Australian ones. There were 70 episodes for the 2012 season, so you really get to know every single person in the top 24 and their cooking styles and stuff. Add in the Masterclass episodes and it actually becomes super fun to watch. A+ would recommend.
/QUOTE]

It's a good thing they toned it down. Last year it was like 140 eps. Dragged on far too long, I can only handle so much George.

I like the American version as a counter balance to something like the Australian. It's quick and sloppy but sometimes I want to just dine out on a hamburger (to use a forced analogy).

benjipwns

Banned
I like the American version as a counter balance to something like the Australian. It's quick and sloppy but sometimes I want to just dine out on a hamburger (to use a forced analogy).
No, this is actually a good way to describe the US series.

And it's why we should love it.

It's a good thing they toned it down. Last year it was like 140 eps. Dragged on far too long, I can only handle so much George.

I like it when George laughs a little too hard at something.
It gets really awkward because Gary's trying to continue on with the show or challenge, but you can still hear George laughing in the back.

benjipwns

Banned
I posted at the top of this page about Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course.

Been watching it and it's a quite good show. It's Ramsay doing a cooking show and has a good number of tips outside of the recipes. Faster paced and more "hip" (with complicated shoes I assume) than his past in the home DVDs and such. But it is centered around stuff you can cook at home.

And things are brilliant and stunning.

Can find it on eztv. Or the Channel4 site if you're in the region.

sorry for the bumb, but I just finished watching all three seasons and both season 2 & 3 were bullshit. Adrien were as good as Jennifer and Josh >> Christine. Christine played on her blind card the whole time for the judges to feel sorry for her. Jennifer was just an angry bitch thanks to her childish vendetta with Christian.

It seems that a male cannot win this competition.

BadTaste

sorry for the bumbp, but I just finished watching all three seasons and both season 2 & 3 were bullshit. Adrien were as good as Jennifer and Josh >> Christine. Christine played on his blind card the whole time for the judges to feel sorry for her. Jennifer was just an angry bitch the whole time thanks to her childish vendetta with Christian.

Wholeheartedly agree :p

lednerg

I have a hard time feeling cynical about Christine Ha. I guess I'm just a sucker, but contest aside, what she's able to do is phenomenal. I might even pick up the cookbook. :p

I have a hard time feeling cynical about Christine Ha. I guess I'm just a sucker, but contest aside, what she's able to do is phenomenal. I might even pick up the cookbook. :p

She was a good cook, but masterchef? I remember that she barely made it in the first round.

bcl0328

honestly i bet Christine had the best tasting food. she has to taste everything to make sure it's right. i bet half of them didn't even try their own food.

I dont feel Christine herself played up her blindness at all. I feel the judges cut her more slack because of it though, which wasnt fair to other competitors, but nothing was of her own doing.

chris121580

sorry for the bumb, but I just finished watching all three seasons and both season 2 & 3 were bullshit. Adrien were as good as Jennifer and Josh >> Christine. Christine played on her blind card the whole time for the judges to feel sorry for her. Jennifer was just an angry bitch thanks to her childish vendetta with Christian.

Played on her blind card? Seriously? What an ignorant thing to say

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Well, at least it seems like those cooks, at least some of them, actually knows how to cook. From what I've seen, admittedly little, of the Swedish version, they can't cook for shit.

And of course, the Australian version is the best.

lednerg

honestly i bet Christine had the best tasting food. she has to taste everything to make sure it's right. i bet half of them didn't even try their own food.

Exactly. Everyone kept commenting on her palette for a reason. She spent so much time tasting and adjusting her dishes accordingly. It's been proven than losing one sense improves the others, so she used this to her advantage.

Top Bottom