• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

benjipwns

Banned
Since we hit the end of the last page, going to repost so nobody misses it:

Just a reminder, the finale for this is TONIGHT, not Tuesday.

It was pretty interesting but in the end it was a big failure. They talk about where all the people are at in their lives at the end. I think like 3 out 12 people have jobs and only 1 in a kitchen.

It was pretty interesting but in the end it was a big failure. They talk about where all the people are at in their lives at the end. I think like 3 out 12 people have jobs and only 1 in a kitchen.

Didn't that one dude have to quit or something because he went back to doing drugs or something? That's depressing as hell, considering Gordon offered him a position at his own restaurant.

benjipwns

Banned
I don't think that takes away from it, the one guy who got kicked out was basically saying he has no chance even despite this program. Even his mom seemed resigned to his fate.

Getting three into jobs is a success in one respect.

I've watched a shit load of Lockup over the years, and Ramsay seemed to actually do pretty well considering the odds and how shocked he was at the difficulty.

I would love to see a US version with non-violent drug criminals for many reasons.

IceCold

The US would mess it up. You can tell if this was done in the US there would be a lot more drama, shaky cams, and sound effects.

MooMoo

Teaching prisoners to cook so they can make food behind bars to sell it to the outside world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfwFIGxoRhw

He goes into a prison in the UK and recruits prisoners to try and create a business where they make stuff and he sells it, so they "give back" to pay for the costs of housing them.

He runs into all the prison restrictions, and the problems the prisoners have, etc.
Oh wow that sounds pretty interesting! I'll add it to my queue of things to watch.

Gaborn

I'm really really hoping for Christine but if Josh won that'd be awesome too. Two likable contestants that really want it.

Christine's doesn't look awful. Just doesn't look fancy. Looks like it tastes good though. Gordon wasn't saying it looks bad. He is saying it looks too simple.

Tamanon

Banned
I just don't understand why Christine went so simple and rustic for the finals. You'd think it'd be the time to show what you've learned, not what you've already known.

Top Bottom