• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I love this show but man dat shameless Walmart pimping.

It's been like that since the beginning. I love it when Graham Elliot becomes the shameless advertiser.

-walks up to a cook: "So how about that awesome produce from walmat?"
-chef: "Yea who knew, right"
-Elliot: "And what do you think of the all new masterchef cookware, designed by real chefs for the home cook?"

Clydefrog

the show is so unbelievably corporate, it's hilarious.

this is my first season watching this and i'm having a blast.

Krissi is really funny. when reacting to Beth crying after the firefighter thing: "breakdown much?"

benjipwns

Banned
It's been like that since the beginning. I love it when Graham Elliot becomes the shameless advertiser.

-walks up to a cook: "So how about that awesome produce from walmat?"
-chef: "Yea who knew, right"
-Elliot: "And what do you think of the all new masterchef cookware, designed by real chefs for the home cook?"
Yesss, I think I'd hate if it were Joe or Ramsay doing it, but Graham is so perfect delivering these cheesy lines in his laboriously picked out vest and bowtie combination.

That's what I thought. Are they purposely dragging on the show or are they just playing 2 weeks of episodes in 1 week for now?
For most weeks they're playing two episodes per week if you look at how they're titled and stuff. They're just cutting out the second intro. (Well, sometimes.)

Basically what happens on this and HK is they cut a bunch of one hour episodes and then also do longer cuts as two-parters and stuff. Then FOX chooses which to air and if you notice when FOX doesn't have much else to air you get two parters shown as a block of two episodes or two episodes shown right after another (or HK's case this year just two-parters dragged across two weeks, I'd imagine it'd be a two hour block of HK episodes if it wasn't for that "Does Someone Need To Go?" trainwreck.)

Essentially these two shows are just slot fillers. That's why a couple years back they were doing the two hour blocks of HK/MC twice a week until American Idol or something came back and both shows immediately went down to one hour once a week on separate nights.

Another factor is that I think MasterChef's ratings have been going up every season, so FOX might be pushing it more to see if can become something bigger.

DominoKid

iDDIWLSgbAMoT.gif

Top Bottom