• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

Tamanon

Banned
OK, Gordon just chillin' is pretty hilarious, showing them that they're being generous with the time they're being given.

DominoKid

Gordon cooking up a 5 Star Meal. BASED.

tumblr_m5iumy23fh1r7njsto1_500.gif

Tamanon

Banned
That did look pretty good. And just started my fiance bugging me to take her to one of his zillion restaurants.

Bye Howard

WorldStar

Banned
Damn you east coast brahs, I gotta make sure to not click on this thread before watching the show lol

Anyways, yeah I liked Malcolm. Sad he is going home.

My favorite cook on the show: Luca
My prediction of the one who will win: That one dude with long ass hair

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Booo, I thought Kathy was the worst tonight. Malcolm shouldn't have gone.

Also, Luca is freakin' awesome. It makes me happy when I see him happy; dude's just so excited and thankful to be there.

benjipwns

Banned
Luca makes it fun to think about doing a multi-year version where they come back after a year or whatever. And it's only those contestants that didn't make it past the audition stage to see if they tried to improve on their own, etc.

Wouldn't mind a "redemption" season of Hell's Kitchen either except I imagine half the contestants or more are worse than they were.

On a lot of these shows the judges say something like "come back next time and show you've improved" and you never hear about it again. (I think Ramsay's even specifically said this a few times on both MC and HK.) Except for that guy on Last Comic Standing who went to every single casting call for like two seasons straight so they finally put him through and he was just as bad as always.

Machine

The elimination challenges seemed oddly easy to me. Maybe home cooks don't bake as much these days but when I was a kid, my mom (and most of the other neighborhood moms) made cheesecakes and cupcakes from scratch all the time. I don't think any of them could make a beurre blanc sauce, but most of the housewives I knew growing up could hold their own in a lot of these elimination challenges.

Zoe

The elimination challenges seemed oddly easy to me. Maybe home cooks don't bake as much these days but when I was a kid, my mom (and most of the other neighborhood moms) made cheesecakes and cupcakes from scratch all the time. I don't think any of them could make a beurre blanc sauce, but most of the housewives I knew growing up could hold their own in a lot of these elimination challenges.

Most of these people aren't housewives...

Machine

Most of these people aren't housewives...

But they are characterized as "home chefs" and some of them cook meals for their children on a regular basis. Just seems weird to me that so few of these people have these skills that used to be relatively common.

DominoKid

Gordon and them got way higher standards for a cupcake though.

Grinchy

Banned
That was cool watching Ramsey cook up an insane meal in half the time that the contestants had. I mean, of course he is better than them, and maybe it was kind of a dumb way to show off, but it was awesome. And damn, some of those cupcakes looked amazing.

As hot as I initially thought Natasha was, she kind of just annoys me now. She's like the high school girl who never matured emotionally.

Madness

That was cool watching Ramsey cook up an insane meal in half the time that the contestants had. I mean, of course he is better than them, and maybe it was kind of a dumb way to show off, but it was awesome. And damn, some of those cupcakes looked amazing.

As hot as I initially thought Natasha was, she kind of just annoys me now. She's like the high school girl who never matured emotionally.

She's just playing the reality game. Everyone remembers the villain. She's getting known, plus she is decent in her skills so you never know.

Zoe

I know past cast members always say the drama is manufactured, but it feels pretty genuine this season.

Top Bottom