• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

I can't believe they fell for that for one second. Especially coming from Gordon.

Also they're doing another challenge cuz the person they want to stay on the show (natasha) did the worst.

Dereck

What's with the Walmart plugs?

Do I need to start going to Walmart and buying meat and vegetables, they really that fresh bruh?

Tamanon

Banned
What's with the Walmart plugs?

Do I need to start going to Walmart and buying meat and vegetables, they really that fresh bruh?

Each season they plug Walmart steaks/produce/pans. Marketing deal they have. Kinda like the Hellman's deal that The Taste had.

Grinchy

Banned
Luca deserved to win that one. Even if Kathy's lobster tasted marginally better, Luca did everything else better.

And Natasha is getting annoying. Her immature mentality and her vocal fry are so unattractive. It's like someone transplanted a 17 year old's brain into her body.

benjipwns

Banned
Last couple years arrogant guys have kinda been the villains, but this one sure has brought out the women trying to make up for lost time.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Natasha pretty much seems like the worst...and she's married?!

Beth should have had much thicker skin than that when she broke down when being confronted, though. Crying because someone is angry at your is crazy.

I could understand being emotionally damaged if the person berating you was someone your truly respected...but a fellow competitor that hasn't even shown that they're all that great? Hell no.

Zoe

Natasha pretty much seems like the worst...and she's married?!

Beth should have had much thicker skin than that when she broke down when being confronted, though. Crying because someone is angry at your is crazy.

I could understand being emotionally damaged if the person berating you was someone your truly respected...but a fellow competitor that hasn't even shown that they're all that great? Hell no.

That competitor has shown herself to be a bitch though.

Anyway, don't forget that all of these people are under a lot of stress round the clock while this is going on.

RubxQub

I wonder how much PETA is flipping out over the lobsters being killed on screen.

Especially considering that it was pretty evident that Kathy's wasn't dead while she was ripping it's body apart. Limbs were definitely still moving around post-knifing the brain.

RubxQub

fuck what PETA has to say. who cares? it isn't like lobster just magically ends up on your plate cooked to perfection.
Not so much saying I personally care, more stating I immediately had the same "Oh shit, PETA is going to love this..." thought when I saw it happening.

WorldStar

Banned
Especially considering that it was pretty evident that Kathy's wasn't dead while she was ripping it's body apart. Limbs were definitely still moving around post-knifing the brain.

I'm guessing you've never butchered an animal?

It was dead. Animals can twitch post-death.

Once an animal is dead, other areas of the nervous system may still be active. Reflex action is extremely common. What happens is you still have nerves sending signals to the spinal cord and not the brain, leading to muscle twitches and spasms after death.

Once you sever the spinal cord of a lobster or knife it swiftly through the brain, it is dead.

Zoe

Just like the sushi places that catch the fish in restaurant and serve the head and tail on the plate along with the meat so it looks like it's gasping for air.

WorldStar

Banned
Just like the sushi places that catch the fish in restaurant and serve the head and tail on the plate along with the meat so it looks like it's gasping for air.

Yup. If you ever cook lobster you'll often deal with it in a twitching state because the amount of time you have with it being dead before it goes bad is extremely minimal. This is why so many people boil them alive. I prefer just killing it prior to boiling, but yes it requires you immediately continue the cooking process. And this will lead to you working with a twitching lobster.

RubxQub

I'm guessing you've never butchered an animal?

It was dead. Animals can twitch post-death.

Once an animal is dead, other areas of the nervous system may still be active. Reflex action is extremely common. What happens is you still have nerves sending signals to the spinal cord and not the brain, leading to muscle twitches and spasms after death.

Once you sever the spinal cord of a lobster or knife it swiftly through the brain, it is dead.
Fair point, hadn't realized lobsters fell into this category. Saying "it wasn't dead" probably isn't the right way to say it.

"Is more visually disturbing because it looks alive" is more accurate.

...either way we've probably wasted too much time talking about what PETA may or may not have thought about a 2 second clip in a show!

WorldStar

Banned
Is this show typically 2 hours? It seems like for the last 2-3 weeks there have been 2 back to back 1 hour episodes?

...either way we've probably wasted too much time talking about what PETA may or may not have thought about a 2 second clip in a show!

heh, agreed.

Tamanon

Banned
Is this show typically 2 hours? It seems like for the last 2-3 weeks there have been 2 back to back 1 hour episodes?

heh, agreed.

Right now FOX has nothing else to show, so they give 'em two hours.

It used to be 1 hour Hell's Kitchen, 1 hour Masterchef.

WorldStar

Banned
Right now FOX has nothing else to show, so they give 'em two hours.

It used to be 1 hour Hell's Kitchen, 1 hour Masterchef.

That's what I thought. Are they purposely dragging on the show or are they just playing 2 weeks of episodes in 1 week for now?

Thought it was a bit strange that they dedicated an entire 1 hr episode last night to determining who gets kicked off. Was kinda lame only seeing 4 people cook over the entire eps.

Top Bottom