• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

DominoKid

these people suck at making a Meringue pie. my mom is clowning right now because this is one thing she can actually make brilliantly.

DominoKid

good lord that was awful Bime.

Krissy is evil. Thats how you know she's not going to win. Can't be a complete cunt and shill cookbooks. At least not out in the open.

Bime deserved better than this. He was the only reason their team got votes during the Glee challenge.

I haven't been able to stand Krissi from the start. More blood on her hands

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Gordon made him commit Masterchef seppuku lmao. This show is great.

At least he did it without a lot of hesitation. Last season, there were a couple of guys who wouldn't do it and just stared at Gordon like he was an alien.

UberTag

The editing in this season is so tight.
I've been a diehard reality TV enthusiast since the early days of Survivor and I've got to say MasterChef may be the best reality show on network TV these days.
Amazing Race is basically spinning its wheels right now and most of the other pre-edited shows are in a gradual downward spiral.

Madness

Fuck, that Krissy is a hypocrite. Talking about how you get your ass kicked if you did that in her city and then she does the same thing.

Poor Bime, he seemed genuine and talented. He made a dumb mistake. Not like he didn't know how to make the pie.

Krissy just solidified my belief on how people from Philly are lol.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Krissy just solidified my belief on how people from Philly are lol.
People that somehow associate living in Philly as an attribute of their person are people who act like this, not people from Philly in general.

We're good people, I swear!

Clydefrog

I watched the episode last night. bahahaha this show continues to deliver!

All of the women left are hot except for Krissi. But Krissi cracks me up she’s so hilariously evil.

Also, how the fuck do you not know to put the lid on the pot to boil water faster in a timed challenge?

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I am composing a list of what you should practice every day before going on masterchef! What do you think:

Poach a egg
make fresh pasta
souffle

What else should be added to the list?

RubxQub

I am composing a list of what you should practice every day before going on masterchef! What do you think:

Poach a egg
make fresh pasta
souffle

I'd add:

Cook protein at proper temperatures in various cooking styles (baking, boiling, deep frying, grilling, etc).

Know what is considered faux pas in various regional cooking (never put maple syrup in noodles, for example)

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

Poach a egg
make fresh pasta
souffle

Difficult pastry... like baklava or croissants.

Also learn good flavoring substitutes, while avoiding faux pas like RubxQub mentions.

Poach a egg
make fresh pasta
souffle

Make some sort of baked dessert
Properly fillet fish
Different cuisine
Time management (rewatching the seasons and there's always someone who can't do this)

On an unrelated note, Krissi's facebook is getting some agitated posts.

DominoKid

I'd add:

Cook protein at proper temperatures in various cooking styles (baking, boiling, deep frying, grilling, etc).

Know what is considered faux pas in various regional cooking (never put maple syrup in noodles, for example)

i cant even cook and this dumb shit would've never even crossed my mind.

Tamanon

Banned
I watched the episode last night. bahahaha this show continues to deliver!

All of the women left are hot except for Krissi. But Krissi cracks me up she’s so hilariously evil.

Also, how the fuck do you not know to put the lid on the pot to boil water faster in a timed challenge?

Hey, in Hell's Kitchen they had a chef who kept taking the lid off her pressure cooker. Science is a lost art.

Clydefrog

Poach a egg
make fresh pasta
souffle

I only just started watching Masterchef this season but I've learned from Top Chef that risotto is the kiss of death.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Not a fan of their new gimmick of handicapping contestants by taking away tools or not allowing them to sit in on the lesson. Put everyone on even ground, may the best cook win. No need for the BS.

Nero3000

Burger challenge for bottom 4:

Yes Luca, using your fucking head! Sure some of the burgers might be less than perfect, but you got the votes.

EDIT: He lost :(

UberTag

Binging the latest season at the moment:

LOL at taking the mixer away. I hope there is more of this.
I hope people keep giving Jordan disadvantages.
Dude is too cool for school as the clear frontrunner right now.
Don't want him coasting to an easy victory.

RubxQub

Jessie's got this season nailed.

She's got a face that you can put on a cookbook and on TV and people will pay attention, and if the judges aren't just straight-up bullshitting, she can apparently hold her own in the kitchen as well.

Three challenges as team captain and winning all three? Come on...

Mumei

Jessie's got this season nailed.

She's got a face that you can put on a cookbook and on TV and people will pay attention, and if the judge's aren't just straight-up bullshitting, she can apparently hold her own in the kitchen as well.

Three challenges as team captain and winning all three? Come on...

I was going to ask who the frontrunner was, but I guess I know the answer now!

RubxQub

I was going to ask who the frontrunner was, but I guess I know the answer now!

The show is definitely lifting up Jordan and Jessie as the two top contenders in my mind at the moment. I thought they were hyping up Krissi for a bit, but that last episode was a dagger to anyone who may have been cheering for her up to that point. She's officially a villain character now.

Luca and Lynn seem like they should in the conversation as well, but they haven't been showcasing them all that much lately.

Mumei

The show is definitely lifting up Jordan and Jessie as the two top contenders in my mind at the moment. I thought they were hyping up Krissi for a bit, but that last episode was a dagger to anyone who may have been cheering for her up to that point. She's officially a villain character now.

Luca and Lynn seem like they should in the conversation as well, but they haven't been showcasing them all that much lately.

Is there anyone I might like as much as CHRISTine, Savior of Her Season?

Top Bottom