• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

Luca is probably going to fuck up some Italian dish during the mystery box which will piss off Joe and get him dumped. After that horrid excuse for a Risotto this past episode.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I'm going to go with Lynn or Eddie.

I don't think Lynn or Eddie would be all that shocking. Neither of them are poor or anything, but I don't think they've been bulletproof.

Super shocking would be Jessie.
Shocking would be Jordan or David.
Upsetting would be Luca.

Anyone else wouldn't really move the needle for me.

Edit: And WTF was with the Chef's picking Jessie's corn + pork cheek dish? It didn't look bad or anything, but it didn't seem to stand out. Even the reviews of it were fairly tame like "cooked perfectly, seasoned nicely". If Jessie doesn't win this season I'm going to be shocked.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Luca is probably going to fuck up some Italian dish during the mystery box which will piss off Joe and get him dumped. After that horrid excuse for a Risotto this past episode.

After he simped with that bottle of fish sauce, as if Christine 1) could see it, 2) would say, "ooooh, fish sawsce! I take it all back", I lost a lot of hespect for Luca.

Grinchy

Banned
Yup, Krissi will make top 4 if not make the finale just for dat drama. Only thing is this season doesn't really have an established leader yet like Christine was last year.

Christine started strong for sure, but I didn't think she seemed like an early leader. I thought Becky was the established leader throughout most of the season.

benjipwns

Banned
FOX announced that Junior MasterChef premieres September 27th. (And MasterChef finale will be Sept. 11th)

But I seriously like didn't even notice her existence. She really mastered that low pro strategy.
yeah she's been there. never done anything though. shit i think this episode was the first time Johnny's really gotten any spotlight.
How have they hidden her all season? This is really strange.

She's been like that black dude from a couple seasons back. You'd see her in the background and in group shots but never got a talking head, never was called up for anything. Until he fucked up twice in a row and was gone as quick as he came into our lives.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm shocked they can last that long for Masterchef finale. Either they're taking some weeks off and moving to one hour shows or something else is going on.

benjipwns

Banned
Krissi's in the news:
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...cal-MasterChef-contestants-racist-tweets.html

racisttweet1.JPG

racisttweet2.JPG

Chamber

love on your sleeve
FOX announced that Junior MasterChef premieres September 27th. (And MasterChef finale will be Sept. 11th)

Junior MasterChef? I have an image of Joe staring some 11-year-old kid in the eye as he tastes his pasta dish only to spit it in the trash and claim it's an insult to Italy.

Tamanon

Banned
By the way, you guys should check out the Masterchef UK if you haven't. It's a completely different feel and kinda cool actually.

You'll immediately notice the lack of music.

By the way, you guys should check out the Masterchef UK if you haven't. It's a completely different feel and kinda cool actually.

You'll immediately notice the lack of music.
If we're talking UK Shows, I'm currently working my way through "The F Word" and its superb. UK Gordon is best Gordon.

this_guy

This has already been said, but who the f*ck is Savannah!? It's like they stuck her on in the middle of the competition and hoped no one would notice.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This has already been said, but who the f*ck is Savannah!? It's like they stuck her on in the middle of the competition and hoped no one would notice.

She actually spoke last episode and my wife and I had a good laugh because we were waiting for it to finally happen.

Grinchy

Banned
I actually didn't know why the first comment was offensive at first. Blacking out the word was pretty effective against my attention span I guess lol

I haven't tried visiting that link in her second comment so that's probably why I don't understand it.

Does anyone watch MasterChef Australia? I've only watched a couple episodes but it's so much better than the us version. The contestants are nice to each other. The chefs are nice to the contestants. Total night and day from the us version. Maybe that changes the more I watch...

Watched a little bit of Junior Masterchef, it was so damn adorable to watch these 11-14 cook and puts most people to shame when comes to cooking. Everyone was so civil and the best thing? No dramatic music.

Tamanon

Banned
Does anyone watch MasterChef Australia? I've only watched a couple episodes but it's so much better than the us version. The contestants are nice to each other. The chefs are nice to the contestants. Total night and day from the us version. Maybe that changes the more I watch...

Masterchef US was a lot more civil in the first couple seasons. They only had one or two "bad guys" at most. The rest of the time, it was all puppies and rainbows and then some Joe to spice it up.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Masterchef US was a lot more civil in the first couple seasons. They only had one or two "bad guys" at most. The rest of the time, it was all puppies and rainbows and then some Joe to spice it up.

This season is remarkably assy for MasterChef. It's almost like they decided to divert some rejects from Hell's Kitchen. Last season had a couple of people, but no one could be mean to Christine without Graham, Gordon, and Joe running in on them and giving them a beating like they were the Fabulous Freebirds.

Another reason I like Australia better is the show isn't as condensed. They have four episodes a week. One episode cook, next episode elimination challenge, team challenge, and another elimination episode.

Tamanon

Banned
"First I saw some high heels and I got excited. Then I saw some hips and I got even more excited!"

Easiest mystery box ever.

Top Bottom