• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

Zoe

I really expected Bri to go home. It's only inevitable that her not being able to taste her dish would hurt her.

Madness

Damn, Krissy is not really doing anybody from Philadelphia any favors. 'She's the epitome of the girls I used to beat up in school' to the cute, quiet, vegetarian Bri. Coming from past remarks like, 'you'd get your ass beat in Philadelphia for a move like that' etc.

Hero

Sucks that Lin is gone. I thought he had a chance to get into the top 4 for sure. Now I'm rooting for Jessi.

Also not sure how Luca keeps getting away with making awful dishes and absolutely failing the Italian ones.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Where the hell did she come from?

Honestly I thought they decided to re-edit the entire series and put her in for Krissi like some kind of I Dream of Jeanie-era "never speak of this" substitution, but then Krissi appeared in the background.

Dereck

damn i need a gif of that Natasha eyeroll lmao.
C'mon man, the amount of salt is just unnecessary, like, c'mon.

i3cFWfo6gbdzQ.gif

DominoKid

yes! lmao.

if she wasn't so bitchy my money would be on her to win. but i really can't see Jessie not winning as long as she doesn't screw up. maybe Luca if he gets consistently good.

Clydefrog

I don’t know about you guys but I’m heading to my local Walmart™ to buy some premium choice rib eye steaks. Only 1 in 5 is good enough to be called Walmart™ choice steak.

Tamanon

Banned
Luca would be a great feel-good winner, but at least for the past several episodes, he just can't cook any more.

Jessie has to be the clear favorite.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I feel like I missed all of Lynn's good moments. It never really came across to me that he was the favorite or even close for that matter. I would say Jessie is the favorite for now but it's definitely not as clear cut as it has been in previous years.

Luca's days have to be numbered.

Zoe

I wasn't shocked at all--Lynn had some pretty bad performances in the past few episodes. The others are probably going off interactions with him in the classes.

UberTag

I've come around on Jessie. She's now clearly in the winner's edit drivers seat.

There is not a single doubt in my mind that Krissi is playing up her "villain edit" in order to stick around longer in the competition. She understands this is a TV show and they need role players so people will tune in regularly to cheer for some and root against others. Her one mistake was disrespecting the judges (most notably Joe) but she's dialed that down quite considerably the past couple weeks and saved her attitude for her fellow contestants.

I'm personally rooting for James. He's my dark horse. I'll probably be happy so long as Jordan or Natasha don't win. They're the two that have a legit chance to win that I'm not a fan of. (That being said, if you pointed a gun to my head and asked me who I thought the best chef was in the competition, I'd say Jordan in a heartbeat.)

Peru

Watching this and the Aussie version at the same time. The US version is sometimes better at putting the drama together through editing and such but it's getting a bit too reality reality show-ish, and unlike the Aus version, there aren't really anyone who I'd like to see in the final / win, or who have anything interesting to say about cooking. Also mirror the support for the more stretched out format with more focus on the food.

MooMoo

The product placement gets worse and worse with each passing season. I wonder how Graham feels like every time he has to pitch Walmart's choice USDA steaks where only 1 in 4 steaks are good enough to be Walmart choice USDA steaks.

I'll see how next season pans out but I'm starting to lose interest in the show. No one has really stood out this season. I think Luca comes off as a big fake and I feel like people only like him cause they pity him for not making it in last season. The whole Krissi drama is fun to watch. However, I felt like while the previous three seasons have had their antagonists (can't remember names :p) they were properly balanced with the protagonists (Whitney, Adrian, and Christine to name a few). I'm also tired of Joe's shtick; all he ever does is complain about how dishes are lacking acid and he always has one contestant he has an obvious hard-on for.

I kinda wish they would show a little more of the behind the scenes. I think this season would have benefited it the most since everyone felt so strongly about Lynn but he appeared as such a weak contender based off of what was shown to us. Anyways, my top four pick are Bri, Jessie, Jordan, and James.

Fatalah

How bad was it??

Everybody keeps getting this wrong, but it's actually Lynn.

I actually really like the place, so I'm kind of scared what will be uncovered by the episode. The restaurant has an A cleanliness rating from NYC, so I think the episode's focus will be on service and management.

Hero

Give us some details. Was he cool to meet?

Also apparently Graham is getting surgery to aid him in weight loss.

Fatalah

Give us some details. Was he cool to meet?

Yes!

I was worried meeting Gordon would ruin my impression of him. My wife and I adore the Great Gordon Ramsay -- what if he gave us the cold shoulder? What if he was obnoxious, how could we ever watch his shows again? Well, none of that happened!

I slowly approached Gordon while he was on break in the production tent. I apologized for interrupting while he was on the job, but he took no issue, and was very welcoming. Gordon asked what my wife and I did for a living, and advised us to stick with our careers and avoid the restaurant business.

The three of us discussed the current season of Masterchef. My wife and I were surprised by Lin's exit, but Gordon said Lin wouldn't cut it in the restaurant business.

He spoke softly, and was very conversational. He kept saying my name as he joked with my wife, which was pretty awesome. Our wives are both teachers, so we touched on that that for a bit. He also wanted to know who cooks in our household, which happens to be my wife. Overall, we spent about 5-10 minutes with him!

Man, it was just a thrill to meet him! It couldn't have gone any better.

nFWgax1.jpg

Yes!

I was worried meeting Gordon would ruin my impression of him. My wife and I adore the Great Gordon Ramsay -- what if he gave us the cold shoulder? What if he was obnoxious, how could we ever watch his shows again? Well, none of that happened!

I slowly approached Gordon while he was on break in the production tent. I apologized for interrupting while he was on the job, but he took no issue, and was very welcoming. Gordon asked what my wife and I did for a living, and advised us to stick with our careers and avoid the restaurant business.

The three of us discussed the current season of Masterchef. My wife and I were surprised by Lin's exit, but Gordon said Lin wouldn't cut it in the restaurant business.

He spoke softly, and was very conversational. He kept saying my name as he joked with my wife, which was pretty awesome. Our wives are both teachers, so we touched on that that for a bit. He also wanted to know who cooks in our household, which happens to be my wife. Overall, we spent about 5-10 minutes with him!

nFWgax1.jpg
That's amazing! As a major fan of his, it's great to hear that he's so approachable.

Hero

Yes!

nFWgax1.jpg

That's really cool. Thanks for sharing, sounds like an awesome experience!

Only one new ep today :(

Boo!

Question, is Masterchef recorded close to the air dates?

Fatalah

Question, is Masterchef recorded close to the air dates?

I'm curious about this too, considering Gordon spoke to me as if events were still unfolding.

In Hell's Kitchen last week, the winning team won a trip to this week's MLB All-Star Game so I started wondering how far back that show is taped too.

Top Bottom