• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Krissi and Natasha both have 15 year old high school girl maturity levels.

I would enjoy seeing them get into a tussle in which they threw chairs and tables and left hair extensions floating through the air.

Dereck

Yes!

I was worried meeting Gordon would ruin my impression of him. My wife and I adore the Great Gordon Ramsay -- what if he gave us the cold shoulder? What if he was obnoxious, how could we ever watch his shows again? Well, none of that happened!

I slowly approached Gordon while he was on break in the production tent. I apologized for interrupting while he was on the job, but he took no issue, and was very welcoming. Gordon asked what my wife and I did for a living, and advised us to stick with our careers and avoid the restaurant business.

The three of us discussed the current season of Masterchef. My wife and I were surprised by Lin's exit, but Gordon said Lin wouldn't cut it in the restaurant business.

He spoke softly, and was very conversational. He kept saying my name as he joked with my wife, which was pretty awesome. Our wives are both teachers, so we touched on that that for a bit. He also wanted to know who cooks in our household, which happens to be my wife. Overall, we spent about 5-10 minutes with him!

Man, it was just a thrill to meet him! It couldn't have gone any better.

nFWgax1.jpg
Did you use a bunch of hand gestures while talking?

Did he say things like "Wow, wowowowow?"

Hero

So I just found out that Gordon Ramsay has been in my town since Wednesday to film Kitchen Nightmares. The restaurant is literally 3 minutes from where I live.

Tamanon

Banned
I tried. :( You had to sign up online a while ago. I drove past, they have the parking lot barricaded and stuff with "security" out as well. Might try and see if I can sneak in or something tomorrow.

Have you ever been to the restaurant before? Is it a terrible one?

Hero

Have you ever been to the restaurant before? Is it a terrible one?

I have not personally been there but my sister and her family were there a few weeks back and were the only ones there and the food took an hour for it to come out so...yeah, I'm guessing it was terrible. Yelp and other reviews online are awful too.

rakhir

Anyone here read the Ben Starr blog? There are some juicy behind-the-scenes notes there. One that really made me look at the elimination differently: after the contestants make their elimination/box challenge food, they are leaving the room and production guys do photos and film their dishes for an hour. After that they come back and the judges taste them and give opinions.

I thought the mushroom soup looked terrible, but then i remembered it stayed there for an hour and it's texture probably went to shit...

I just noticed her enourmous gold watch. She's super rich, right?

Ashhong

Anyone here read the Ben Starr blog? There are some juicy behind-the-scenes notes there. One that really made me look at the elimination different: after the contestants make their elimination/box challenge food, they are leaving the room and production guys do photos and film their food for an hour. After that they come back and the judges taste them and give opinions.

I thought the mushroom soup looked terrible, but then i remembered it stayed there for an hour and it's texture probably went to shit...

I just noticed her enourmous gold watch. She's super rich, right?

Can't remember if I finished the last ep, but at least the judges didn't give him too much shit for that soyp

Zoe

No I'm not. Didn't know the clips came from different episodes. I think she was on the floor, so yeah it was probably misleading.

They showed Natasha cooking on the floor, so they definitely caught on that they were spoiling people.

Top Bottom