• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

UberTag

LOL, other team picking the survivor of the team.

Krissi not understanding why they would save her correctly.
Ironically, their decision to save Krissi probably screwed all of them over.
With her track record in pressure tests, I have every reason to believe she would have put out better eclairs than Jessie did.
They could have taken out their top competition and instead they cut loose a chef who can't taste test her meat dishes. Whoops!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What is this, the 3rd PT Krissi has been exempted from? I guess we can't put this year's main character in any danger before the finale.

At least Jessie is safe for another week.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm not much of a Jessie fan, so I would have been fine if she got the boot instead of Beetle Glasses. I like how Bri is able to out-cook the other chefs with meat even though she never eats or cooks it for herself.

Eddie has proven to be a very solid contender. He and Luca are my favorites.

Peru

All the characters are bitchy towards each other / bitchiness played up in editing, and looking at the last episode I realized how big a part of the episode they spend on the elimination 'trickery', standing in front of the judges with endless teasing about the result. Consider at the same time how the episodes pack in a lot of cooking in a short time, two contests, there's not enough focus on the cooking for it to be a 'serious' cooking contest compared to say Hell's Kitchen. Btw I'm not Australian, but watching season 4 of that show at the moment the pace of it, the lack of personal conflicts as a main appeal, the luxury of episodes without challenges at all, spending whole episodes on one challenge in the kitchen, the guest chefs they pull in etc.. that's honestly what I want from Masterchef, while still delivering more excitement and blockbuster appeal than some of the drier cooking shows.

RS4-

Didn't finish the ep just yet but the producer influence or whatever is fucking dumb.

Jesse gets to pick her whole team straight up.
Brie becomes captain, alternating picks, then gets team switched.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Jessie really fucked up those eclairs, eh? Lucky for her, she's been so solid before then that they have her a pass.

Having undercooked pastry is one thing, but having bad chocolate, bad presentation and next to no filling is pretty catastrophic.

I've still got her as the winner for this season, but Eddie had been a quiet star these past few weeks. I don't think he has the creativity and flair that the others do, but he's damn solid on technique and putting together working dishes.

Grinchy

Banned
Didn't finish the ep just yet but the producer influence or whatever is fucking dumb.

Jesse gets to pick her whole team straight up.
Brie becomes captain, alternating picks, then gets team switched.

Yeah that is dumb. What's the point of winning the previous challenge if it just results in a disadvantage?

RubxQub

Yeah that is dumb. What's the point of winning the previous challenge if it just results in a disadvantage?

At least in the past the captains were automatically immune from elimination...so no matter what squirrely shit they tried to do to them, at least they had that fallback.

In this case, though, the captains got no benefit at all. Winning the challenge actually put you at a distinct disadvantage!

RubxQub

The more Ramsay does his "verbal trickery" with eliminating people, the less exaggerated and more hilarious this skit becomes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPpzJAzdpTU

So many of the things in that video are extremely plausible things Ramsay would say :lol

I don't know if he's ever strung more than 2 of them together, though...but part of the eliminations now is playing the "who is Ramsay REALLY going to send home" game as he singles out someone with a monologue.

Grinchy

Banned
A lot of the time, I don't think the contestants are even surprised. They seem to see through it and have to act like they didn't just to play along.

Like I got the feeling that Jesse knew the whole time that she wasn't going anywhere but had to pretend to be surprised.

RubxQub

A lot of the time, I don't think the contestants are even surprised. They seem to see through it and have to act like they didn't just to play along.

Like I got the feeling that Jesse knew the whole time that she wasn't going anywhere but had to pretend to be surprised.

Seems a bit harsh to the contestants...as they know that Ramsay switches it up like this all the time...but it's still their dreams on the line.

It's just such a weird thing where someone's hopes and dreams are in his hands, and Ramsay messes with their emotions when they're at their most vulnerable state.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I definitely think they're too concerned with team challenges and giving out advantages and disadvantages this year. Junior Masterchef will probably be a far more legit competition.

Grinchy

Banned
Seems a bit harsh to the contestants...as they know that Ramsay switches it up like this all the time...but it's still their dreams on the line.

It's just such a weird thing where someone's hopes and dreams are in his hands, and Ramsay messes with their emotions when they're at their most vulnerable state.

Yeah I definitely agree. It's kind of a shitty way to treat the people who genuinely want to win just for 1 second of TV suspense that fools only the dumbest of viewers.

DominoKid

shit is hilarious. i bet Gordon gets such a kick out of it.

Tamanon

Banned
Also sucked because Bri was being a pretty good leader and actually even trying to keep spirits high after losing.

But, it's getting cutthroat now.

This show...just shaking my head most of the time. But this particularly episode's was just awful, it's like along with the contestants, the producers wanted to get rid of Bri with all those disadvantages of being a team captain.

MooMoo

Holy fuck shit. I was gonna say drugs but no evidence of drug use. That's crazy...wonder what the full story is. That's really sad though, he was pretty talented.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Our sources say the cop and two other officers tried to subdue the 26-year-old, 7'2" tall culinary runner-up ... to no avail. They batoned and pepper sprayed him but it had no effect. Marks broke free and started running. Five cops subdued him in a resident's backyard.

Marks was taken to the hospital to treat his injuries. We're told once in custody an officer asked him why he went off the rails, and he blamed it all on Gordon Ramsay. Shockingly, we're told there was no evidence of drug use.

Wow.

Zoe

I don't think Luca will win in the long run unless this was a turning point, but I'd still like him to stick around as long as possible

Ee-bee, Graham?! REALLY??

Top Bottom