• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

Kifimbo

Best dish of the competition for James and he's not in the top 2. His edit is not good.

And Hell's Kitchen: Masterchef Edition next week.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Jessie pls. How the hell can you fuck up chicken?!

I feel like Natasha would dominate if she wasn't so unlikable. Alas, I still think Bri's phony ass has it in the bag.

Grinchy

Banned
Casual viewer of this show, but "I hope it's raw, because I hate her" was hilarious.
Yep, that was one of the few times I've genuinely laughed at something Krissi said. First she made fun of Bri for her "animal beliefs" while her eyes rolled into the back of her head, then she said that. It was too much awesome for me in one shot.

UberTag

I'm rooting for Natasha since I found out Bri is potentially a fake.
There's no 'potentially' about it. Her image for this show is completely manufactured.
She's still living and dying on the merits of her cooking.
Unless they're taking her aside and tipping her off on dishes and how to prep them in advance she's still being judged on the quality of her food like everyone else.
And without being able to taste her meat as she's prepping it, either.

There's no doubt in my mind that she took a dive on the eclair pressure test just so she could get a free pass BACK into the competition... just for drama.
I roll my eyes any time Bri gives one of her "it's so awkward handling/cooking animals because I'm a vegetarian" confessionals.

Dereck

There's no 'potentially' about it. Her image for this show is completely manufactured.
She's still living and dying on the merits of her cooking.
Unless they're taking her aside and tipping her off on dishes and how to prep them in advance she's still being judged on the quality of her food like everyone else.

And there's no doubt in my mind that she took a dive on the eclair pressure test just so she could get a free pass into the competition... just for drama.
I roll my eyes any time Bri gives one of her "it's so awkward handling/cooking animals because I'm a vegetarian" confessionals.
Okay.png
--

Crisco

Banned
How hard must it be for those people to pimp those Wal-mart steaks? I'm no cook but even I can tell those are sub standard cuts of meat. Very little marbling.

Grinchy

Banned
How hard must it be for those people to pimp those Wal-mart steaks? I'm no cook but even I can tell those are sub standard cuts of meat. Very little marbling.

I feel like that James guy has done it multiple times. I wonder if everyone is told to do it or if he just chooses to do it. But I've heard his sales pitch about Walmart steaks 2 or 3 times.

DJ_Lae

Oh man, I called Krissi winning long before the picked a top three and then selected her - it would just be too good for creating fake drama.

My wife has reached the point where Krissi's incessant bitchfests, eyerolls and snide comments are making her not want to watch the show any more. We'll see if she changes her mind for next week but she stood up immediately after the show last night and said she was done.

And I can't completely argue, Krissi is so much more grating than Ryan was last season. And he was kind of an enormous douche too.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

Considering that Joe was doing it through gritted teeth while all the contestants were wearing a shit-eating grin, I imagine it's difficult. Kraid does a decent, if clipped pimp job. I don't recall Gordon doing it.

DominoKid

from this weeks Starr blog

I absolutely LOVE how “enthusiastic” Joe is as he reads off the cue card “Walmart sells the highest quality choice beef which is inspected by the USDA for quality.” Poor Joe, I know exactly how pissed off he was to have to say that. And, for the record, EVERY piece of beef you buy in the grocery store in this country is inspected by the USDA for quality. Again, Gordon is remarkably silent when it comes to discussing Walmart. He never says it once.

Casual viewer of this show, but "I hope it's raw, because I hate her" was hilarious.

Bri brings her pigeon up to the judges, and we get a snarky comment from Krissi: “I hope it’s raw inside, cuz I hate her.” I feel like most folks have simmered down on the Krissi attacks recently, but maybe I’m just out of touch. If you follow Krissi on social media, you know that she and Bri are dear friends. This is just more producers posturing contestants against each other in their interviews, and it’s not real. So don’t get mad.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Oh man, I called Krissi winning long before the picked a top three and then selected her - it would just be too good for creating fake drama.

My wife has reached the point where Krissi's incessant bitchfests, eyerolls and snide comments are making her not want to watch the show any more. We'll see if she changes her mind for next week but she stood up immediately after the show last night and said she was done.

And I can't completely argue, Krissi is so much more grating than Ryan was last season. And he was kind of an enormous douche too.

The thing about Krissi is as much as I want to believe that she's just hamming it up for the cameras she's just too fucking good at being an enormous cunt for it to all be an act. She's practiced this in life.

I don't see her winning but I definitely see her being the runner up, unfortunately. The show has clearly been edited to constantly tease and tantalize the viewer with the possibility of Krissi leaving the show in tears but I doubt they passed on an opportunity to maximize the number of hate views she brings in.

Zoe

Krissi's hatin' on everyone was at comical levels last night. I have no doubt that the producers asked her to ham it up.

Zoe

Some choice comments from Ben's blog:

Ben said:
Bri’s fellow contestants say that off camera she was TOTALLY different than her on-camera persona. She insisted that she had been cast to play the b-tch that everyone hated, which is obviously NOT how she’s being edited. It’s very, very strange.

Ben said:
Tom, the show does require some contestants to change their look. Kathy, one of the top 18 from this season, was a big, bold, sassy dresser. Giant earrings. Bright colors. Dyed hair. They took her to a salon to have her hair cut and dyed brown, made her wear a bunch of track suits to make her look “quiet and normal.” On my season, contestants from Texas were encouraged to talk with a regional accent. Adrien Nieto was asked to speak and curse in Spanish as often as possible. They definitely manipulate people to fit more into the character stereotype they were cast to fill.

@socki said:
I tried to pin Bri down on the vegetarian issue early in the season… you can see the conversation here: https://www.facebook.com/MC4Bri/posts/546614438731805 When I asked her if she was vegetarian or pescatarian she replied: “i believe in eating what your body tells you. i don’t go out of my way to eat seafood, but if i don’t eat for the rest of the day and my only option at staff meal at work, for example, is seafood, then i know i’ll need to eat some to get through the day. i do, however, only strictly consume seafood that i know is sustainable, and preferably, local, if that is the case.”

All that said, Bri actually messaged Ben directly. It's long, so here's the link:
http://benstarr.com/blog/masterchef-4-recap-s4e14/#comment-3672

MooMoo

Jessie is like a robot. Luca is the best character contestant on the show this season.
I don't get why people like Luca. I feel like he's only here cause they felt bad for him not making it in last season. He's my second most hated person this season after Krissi.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't get why people like Luca. I feel like he's only here cause they felt bad for him not making it in last season. He's my second most hated person this season after Krissi.

I like how he dresses and I dig his accent. I really don't know much about him outside of that, so I admit that my liking him is pretty superficial. But Jessie? If she turns out to have a personality at some point it'll only be because her operating system was upgraded to have one.

DominoKid

James is just there to me. He's not that interesting.

Luca's awesome. and he's actually doing well these last few weeks.

Hero

Luca is a piece of shit and the editing team is only showing the cute/funny/nice aspects of him because they want you to like him much like 90% of the time they show Kristi or Natasha being a bitch. Ben Starr has hinted at Luca not really being anywhere near how they are producing him to be.

Dereck

Luca is a piece of shit and the editing team is only showing the cute/funny/nice aspects of him because they want you to like him much like 90% of the time they show Kristi or Natasha being a bitch. Ben Starr has hinted at Luca not really being anywhere near how they are producing him to be.
Damn, then there is no one likable on the show. Damn you reality TV.

Tamanon

Banned

Where do you get that he's a "piece of shit" though? Ben seems to think everybody is different than the show says.

Zoe

I forget where, one of Ben's blogs seemed to implied he was an asshole to other contestants that he got through his various MC connections.

Winner's edit confirmed.

http://benstarr.com/blog/masterchef-4-recap-gordons-box-and-boxes-of-cupcakes-s4e6/
There’s a friendly-fire exchange between the two, and Luca reveals to us, “I’m not the joker everyone thinks I am. I’m here for business.”

I have to pause at this moment and apologize to Luca, who I’m dead certain couldn’t care less about my blog and isn’t reading it, for knowing both the way the show is editing you, and for knowing what your fellow competitors think of you based on your actions on set. One of the drawbacks to being a warm, welcoming personality is that, as soon as the show is finished filming, almost EVERY contestant contacts me to vent and decompress. Luca couldn’t be more adorable when you watch the show. Heck…even *I* want to marry the guy. But the way he is edited, compared to how he allegedly behaved on set, are very, very, very different. So if I’m a little extra harsh on you in my blogs, Luca, blame your fellow competitors! Ha ha ha…

Am I the only one rooting for Natasha? I mean, strong personality, super cute, truthful, and she cooks with a Rolex Sub, what could be better? :p

(and I am still mesmerized by Graham fashion style, just PERFECT!)

Top Bottom