• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

JLG-

My boo is back.
pXAItI3.png

Grinchy

Banned
Lynn can obviously plate really well, but he buckles under the pressure in every single challenge. I'm not sure why everyone acts like they fear him so much. Also, 20 minutes of the show were taken up to judge eggs? Such filler. They didn't have to walk 2 plates at a time down to the trash can for the dramatic plate smashing...

lol @ Bri saying "omg a dead body" while she carried the fish to her station. Vegetarians are so funny.

Hero

It's so dumb to bring back contestants for a dumb egg challenge. It's not interesting to watch them cook or judge them.

Bimi didn't deserve a chance at all.

And damn at Bri. Master Chef must really wanted to force her into that hipster vegetarian nerd image.

MooMoo

It's so dumb to bring back contestants for a dumb egg challenge. It's not interesting to watch them cook or judge them.

Bimi didn't deserve a chance at all.

And damn at Bri. Master Chef must really wanted to force her into that hipster vegetarian nerd image.
Seriously, they spent about 8 minutes just determining the quality of each egg. Cause watching Joe be overdramatic during his plate smashing is so fun to watch. *rolls eyes*

I was reading Ben Starr's blog about the rumors of Bri being an actress.
There is, however, a rumor mill that Bri is actually a hired actress and not a real contestant. (Her social media indicates she’s been friends with upper-level producers BEFORE the show was filmed.) And she’s been working as a pastry chef in LA since the show filmed, and has been offered a job as a pastry chef at Thomas Keller’s legendary NYC artisan bakery Bouchon. Such offers have NEVER been bestowed on an amateur chef from MasterChef before…in fact, such an offer is practically unheard of in ALL of competitive food television, including shows with professional chefs. Which sorta leads me to think that Bri is a professional pastry chef (and her college theatre background is merely how she’s being labeled on the show), and the producers know her well enough to know what a perfect addition she would be to the cast this year. Her character on the show may, in fact, all be an act. Check out her professional acting portfolio shots: http://www.starnow.com/brikozior/photos/2216100/#!photo-2216112

He also mentions that fellow contestants say she her off-screen persona was totally different from her on-screen. It wouldn't surprise me if MasterChef would do something like that. I hope not, I really like the Bri on television.

DominoKid

you know, i was going to propose that in my last post since she is a theater girl. but i just thought she was putting on. i never considered MC would straight out cast her like that.

Grinchy

Banned
She still has to be able to keep up with the other real chefs during 60 minute challenges, so doesn't she still have to be a good enough chef to be on the show? I'm so confused by how they'd pull this off if she's not even that good at cooking.

I guess it wouldn't shock me to find out she's a fake vegetarian though. That "omg a dead body" comment was pretty over the top.

Actress Bri is soooo much hotter than Vegetarian Bri.
Yeah it's pretty shocking how cute the girl is that's hiding underneath the bangs-and-glasses helmet that she wears on this show.

UberTag

If she's a pastry chef, how'd she fuck up the eclairs?
Perhaps she was directed to throw the comp so she'd be brought back for "manufactured drama" against two ham-and-eggers who would inevitably crack under the pressure.

Last night's vote could have been entirely rigged.

If it was a legit 4-3 vote either way, that's easy to doctor. We never saw the reveal of the 7th envelope and there's no guarantee that Bri and Bime did, either. And the other chefs don't even know what color Bri was vs. Bime. If they compared notes, they could have been told Bri was blue and Bime was red... and they'd buy it.

If it was 5-2 or greater, they'd have to compare notes on who voted for what and they may have been explicitly directed not to do that. And Joe's vote could have been an intended way to make that kind of cross-checking impossible unless it was COMPLETELY lopsided. The whole thing is edited to hell anyhow so who knows if any of that debate ever took place between them.

MooMoo

If she's a pastry chef, how'd she fuck up the eclairs?
Cause she knew she was coming back later anyways :p Plus if she's really an actress she had to continue playing the whole "I'm really bad with my time management" angle and under-bake her eclairs.

I could see her being cast, but the idea that she'd go and then they'd bring her back makes me think it's not true. Didn't they just catch shit for something they did last season(edited footage or something?) of MC I couldn't see them doubling down with an even more shady practice.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Perhaps she was directed to throw the comp so she'd be brought back for "manufactured drama" against two ham-and-eggers who would inevitably crack under the pressure.

Last night's vote could have been entirely rigged.

If it was a legit 4-3 vote either way, that's easy to doctor. We never saw the reveal of the 7th envelope and there's no guarantee that Bri and Bime did, either. And the other chefs don't even know what color Bri was vs. Bime. If they compared notes, they could have been told Bri was blue and Bime was red... and they'd buy it.

If it was 5-2 or greater, they'd have to compare notes on who voted for what and they may have been explicitly directed not to do that. And Joe's vote could have been an intended way to make that kind of cross-checking impossible unless it was COMPLETELY lopsided. The whole thing is edited to hell anyhow so who knows if any of that debate ever took place between them.

iGhLtjuT0pwsk.png

You're blowin my mind here, playboy. Always knew MC was manufactured to a certain degree but how deep does this rabbit hole go?!

Tamanon

Banned
I don't think they'd go that far on Masterchef. It's only one of their brands, and there's no need to really poison it by introducing fake contestants.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Sucks that Bri is back, and she brought an annoying attitude back with her. Way to go, you can cook a few eggs... you got kicked off once, you'll get kicked off again.

UberTag

Sucks that Bri is back, and she brought an annoying attitude back with her. Way to go, you can cook a few eggs... you got kicked off once, you'll get kicked off again.
At least Bime would have given us an underdog storyline to get behind.
With Bri back it feels like the past 3 weeks have been a huge waste of time. We didn't even have enough time to miss her.
The only difference now from three weeks ago is that Eddie got screwed over cooking something he's never done before in a team competition with Jessie.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Actually, I'm starting to think Bri has this in the bag. I can easily see a Bri vs. Krissi finale. Bringing Bime back never made sense considering he isn't really that good comparitively speaking and Lynn is guaranteed to choke under any kind of pressure. Last night was a gimme for Bri.

Tamanon

Banned
Luca wins it all and proves all ya'll wrong. So much emotion in the finale. I can see it now.

Luca wins, opens his restaurant, wife announces she's pregnant. Book it!

Grinchy

Banned
Luca wins it all and proves all ya'll wrong. So much emotion in the finale. I can see it now.

Luca wins, opens his restaurant, wife announces she's pregnant. Book it!

And then his restaurant fails to make money and he does an episode of Kitchen Nightmares where Ramsay puts up a new sign and paints the chairs a different color.

DJ_Lae

I just want Krissi and Natasha to get taken out. Can't stand either of them.

Agreed. I realize their clips are cherry picked but they're both such negative, vindictive bitches that it's annoying just watching them.

Krissy is easier to hate thanks to her offscreen racism, though.

edit - also maybe it's just me but Vegetarian Bri is hotter than Actress Bri.

Grinchy

Banned
lol those shots above for Bri look totally different than she does on the show:

What the hell? Maybe there is some kind of weird act going on, because no girl who could look that good would choose to look this awful:

grossgirliorii.png

Why would she suddenly start dressing like an old housewife who is late for picking up her 3 kids from soccer practice.

MasterChef sometimes tells the contestants to restyle themselves for the show. I think they feel obligated to do it, otherwise they won't make it far.

SuperPac

Spending so much time on that eggs thing was super boring. And personally I'm not a fan of watching the "losers" duke it out again. I thought that episode where they went to Vegas with Luca and that other contestant was super, super uninteresting. It's padding out the show and what have you but it makes for an uneventful week.

What the hell? Maybe there is some kind of weird act going on, because no girl who could look that good would choose to look this awful:

Why would she suddenly start dressing like an old housewife who is late for picking up her 3 kids from soccer practice.

From my experience of models, their casual look can be completely different to their work/night out look, just like anyone else. In a weird sort of way, this could be considered 'work', because she's on-camera, but maybe she (and/or the producers) didn't want the model persona to define her on the show, and that's certainly reflected by her occupation being listed as a theatre graduate. Perhaps I'm being naive, though, if she really was known to the producers before the contestant search.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Yeah it's pretty shocking how cute the girl is that's hiding underneath the bangs-and-glasses helmet that she wears on this show.
We've been bamboozeled!

Next thing you know, somone will wave to Christine Ha and she'll wave back.

Clydefrog

welcome back Bri -

*sees the "photoshoot" pics of Bri*

OH MY GOD WHAT

I can totally see it being an act. Ugh, I feel so used!

Bri's outfits are sooo fitting for a persona. She wears that one shirt with all of the cat faces on it.

UberTag

Ehhh has she recently turned vegetarian?
It's a lifestyle choice. Nothing wrong with that.
Probably timed out right around the time they started taping MasterChef.

Now if Christine recently turned blind before last season... well, THAT I would have had more of an issue with.

Top Bottom