• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

RS4-

Lol if it was Luca or Jessie with Graham's dish, and didn't use the blast freezer, Graham would've said something for sure.

But since it was James, his time was up.

Zoe

Wow, I'd be so pissed off if I were a contestant.

From Michael Chen's blog:

James is up last, and here I have a problem. What usually happens is this. After the completion of a challenge, the contestants usually leave set for a lunch break. Beauty shots are taken, and any dishes that need to be chilled or frozen are usually put back in the freezer/fridge (i.e., Christine’s coconut lime sorbet in the finale). I’m ASSUMING that’s what happened with James’s dish. However, since his dish was tasted last, then it still must have been sitting out for 10-15 minutes under the hot spotlights on set. Even a properly set panna cotta would have started to loosen up and melt by then. You can see James stand by his dish and start to protest when Graham criticizes the texture, but ultimately he is wise to save his breath, and probably knows in his head what the end result is going to be anyways. Hearing the judges complain about how the panna cotta tastes and is garnished perfectly but isn’t set properly makes my blood pressure spike. James is a talented cook, and there is no question in my mind that when James took the panna cotta out of the fridge and proclaimed his satisfaction that he knew it was set. The judges are supposed to take into consideration how long food has been sitting out when they taste it (i.e. not criticize bread for being stale if it’s been sitting out for 4 hours waiting to be tasted), but that clearly wasn’t the case with James’s panna cotta, and he is helpless to say or do anything to stop it. The look of resignation on his face tells him that he knows exactly what I already know, that the producers are ready to send him home, and there’s nothing he can do about it.

mrhGB

Banned
I really hate the "junior" edition of Masterchef, I just always skip them. It's just so cringeworthy and the judges can't really tear into them like they can on the regular show.

I would have much preferred Masterchef the Professionals or All Stars.

xbhaskarx

Every season they let an annoying white trash single mother who acts like a bitch, fights with the other contestants, and doesn't know how to cook and is "doing this for her little son" get to around the final 4 or 5, ahead of many more talented chefs. It's like fucking clockwork, there was the blonde two seasons ago, the woman with glasses last season, and now Crissy. Obviously it's because a large segment of their audience identifies with that type of person...

Natasha cheated. If you watch closely the metal ring she used to plate her salad was no removed when the time ran out at the end of the elimination challenge. Then it disappeared when the dish was served.

If only you knew how much of reality television is staged.....

Not a single black person, good job Paula Deen.

Dereck

It's so hard for me to enjoy shows like these after I read "staged, staged, staged", I feel like a naive sheep whenever I get excited about something or get attached to a character.

zp8SVC8.jpg

zp8SVC8.jpg

zp8SVC8.jpg

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I only noticed tonight how part of the music they use for this show sounds a lot like the Battlefield theme.

Kifimbo

Jessie's dish had plenty of time to get cold. While Natasha's dish was already a cold one. Why they tasted the latter first is stupid...unless they want Jessie gone.

Top Bottom