• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

zero_suit

Jessie's dish had plenty of time to get cold. While Natasha's dish was already a cold one. Why they tasted the latter first is stupid...unless they want Jessie gone.

They probably do. Jessie's more attractive, but Natasha is more marketable (better personality).

DominoKid

iQRnj3DHTYx5Q.gif

AzerPhire

I really don't see why they sent Jessie home other than they have an agenda for who they want in the finale.

I mean the point of the challenge was to showcase the ingredient, Jessie did that and with no complaints, while every chef had a complaint about Luca's dish. So what if she didn't put the salad on the plate it was not the main ingredient. And of the chefs only Ramsey had a minor complaint about her noodles. He said that if she would have put the salad on her plate it would have been the star but that goes against the point of the challenge and showing off the beef.

Reality TV can be so frustrating...

Grinchy

Banned
I thought it was weird that they each got an ingredient that was supposed to be the "star" of the dish. Luca got the cheese. When he made the cheese prominent in the dish Ramsey's criticism was that he'd rather taste the protein than the cheese and just have the cheese compliment the meat. Yet, if he really did it that way, I bet he would have been told that he messed up because his cheese wasn't the star of the dish.

I was glad to see Krissy go home, and I was also glad to see Natasha hold onto her butter. Luca is a softie. It's like he forgets that he's competing for $250k.

I was glad to see Krissy go home, and I was also glad to see Natasha hold onto her butter. Luca is a softie. It's like he forgets that he's competing for $250k.

It shows what kind of class he has.

Luca is gonna win it next week. His story is great. A nice, friendly handsome foreign guy who failed to get on the show last season, then stumbled early on before stepping up and becoming a beast.

I'm looking forward to buying his cookbook.

UberTag

Luca's clearly got this in the bag.
Also, we need to update the OP title to change Graham's name to Krang. Joe shouldn't be the only guy with a nickname.

Beyond that, next season I want to see images of Krissi crying in the bumper for each of the upcoming episodes... even though she's no longer on the show.
Just for shits and giggles.

Zoe

There were some gifable shots of Luca and Jessie in the first hour :lol

I thought it was funny that they actually showed Jessie switching out of her heels though.

Also, we need to update the OP title to change Graham's name to Krang. Joe shouldn't be the only guy with a nickname.

I say next season should get its own thread in OT proper.

UberTag

If it makes you feel any better, almost every "reality" TV series is rigged to some extent.
Just to varying degrees.

If you want to watch a competition that isn't rigged, might I recommend professional sports?
Except for boxing and the NBA. Those are also rigged.

Tamanon

Banned
There were some gifable shots of Luca and Jessie in the first hour :lol

I thought it was funny that they actually showed Jessie switching out of her heels though.

I say next season should get its own thread in OT proper.

The heel-changing clip solved the major problem my fiance saw with the show. She never knew how the girls could run and cook like that in heels the whole time. Now it makes sense.

Grinchy

Banned
I've been on teamluca all the way. I'd be happy with him winning. I feel like Natasha, as much as I hate to admit it, has put up much more quality stuff throughout the season though.

I'm surprised Natasha came so far. I would've thought James and Jessie would've lasted longer than her.

One day there will be an all-star MasterChef. Then my Jessie will win.

Dereck

I'm not rooting for anyone anymore, but I am still watching. The way Graham taste tests food is hilarious to me, like, he wipes that spoon clean and then ponders about it, cracks me up every time.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm not rooting for anyone anymore, but I am still watching. The way Graham taste tests food is hilarious to me, like, he wipes that spoon clean and then ponders about it, cracks me up every time.

Yeah he is always hamming it up for the cameras in everything he does. When he reads out the pre-written stuff, he does it with such a fake enthusiasm where Ramsey and Joe make it sound so much more natural. I like him though.

Tamanon

Banned
I like the Graham "chewing on glasses" thoughtful pose. Works well with the Ramsey "Evil Finger tips of doom" thinking pose.

Pkaz01

The judges' clinically executed mannerisms are starting to drive me mad.

I think its the lame ass forced fake outs that they keep doing.

It works on hells kitchen cause the whole show is manufactured bullshit drama with unlikable people and the fake outs are sometimes actually shocking.

But on this show its obvious and predictable who is going home so the bullshit fake outs and critiques are much more apparent.

Hero

Not sure how Jesse gets sent home when every judge criticized Luca's dish. Fucking rigged reality TV bullshit. They are just protecting him because they think/know they can market him and his cookbook. Can't see Natasha being a noteworthy seller.

Not sure how Jesse gets sent home when every judge criticized Luca's dish. Fucking rigged reality TV bullshit. They are just protecting him because they think/know they can market him and his cookbook. Can't see Natasha being a noteworthy seller.

Yup, this show is even more fake than Hardcore Pawn. ;)

Top Bottom