• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mawaru! Made in Wario Impressions

Okay, I figured out what the deal is! When you get a
phone number
from the gatchapon machine, it's NOT saved anywhere. (It says "this is not saved" in the description when you get it!) It suggests that you to make a memo; so, I'm gonna make a memo right here on GAF! Other Mawaruers, feel free to contribute once you start "clearing" characters' available gatchapon sets:

THE LIST
Phone numbers for the "old-style telephone"
1234 - the "bad boyfriend." chews you out. I just guessed this one. :)
4182 - the "kind person." tells you that completing the zukan unlocks "that game everyone's talking about." (Pyoro R)

Acrylamid

Changes to the classic Wario Ware:
- All microgames are "fullscreen" (not inside a frame)
- If you play microgames to get a high score, you don't get a point when you lose a life.
- There are 21 minigames!

This game has the best Nintendo character ever:
Warioman=Wario+Batman
This game has the best Boss ever:
Super Mario Bros.stages on a sphere
Cool bonus: The faster you rotate, the further you jump (2x-4x as far as you could in normal SMB) and the faster the music plays.

My fellow Europeans, buy it @ lik-sang.com : It's $ 49.90 ~ € 40 which means it costs the same as it would if it were released over here (and that's not even sure yet).

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Sometimes when I play it seems like my turn sensor calibration gets out of whack. So when I'm in the menu the entries keep shifting in one direction. This happens even though I'm holding it upright in the same initial position I had it in when the game was starting.

For some reason I don't notice the miscalibration so much in the games, just mostly in the menus.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a good way to recalibrate besides turning the GBA off/on?

Acrylamid

Dsal said:
Sometimes when I play it seems like my turn sensor calibration gets out of whack. So when I'm in the menu the entries keep shifting in one direction. This happens even though I'm holding it upright in the same initial position I had it in when the game was starting.

For some reason I don't notice the miscalibration so much in the games, just mostly in the menus.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a good way to recalibrate besides turning the GBA off/on?
When you're in the menu, hold "R" and then move your GBA in a normal position, then release R and it shouldn't shift entries anymore.

i ordered this on oct 3rd, lik-sang said they have dispatched it on the 14th and I STILL HAVENT GOT IT! :wails:

they are usually very good and fas, but this is an awful wait. i usually check in here for info on the menu system which i will eventually need to use.

several times have i erased my data unintentionally on my JPN made in wario because of 0 knowledge of the language.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Acrylamid said:
When you're in the menu, hold "R" and then move your GBA in a normal position, then release R and it shouldn't shift entries anymore.

I've tried that before and it doesn't seem to work. I think the R Hold is meant for easier navigation of the longer menus but not as a calibration thing.

Acrylamid

DCharlie said:
I'd have liked more modes too - there isn't anything for having multiple players. Given that a GC version is unlikely (how can you turn your device with it wired to the GC?) then some simple turn based games would have been nice.
There is (at least) one. It's the green GBA cartridge in the middle of the minigame menu. It uses both L and R and the tilt sensor, so it gets pretty chaotic if the two players can't agree on the direction. :D

Top Bottom