• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

MMaRsu

Has rockstar said anything about a new ps3 patch? Fucking console freezes are really starting to piss me off cause i love the mp. Im a sad panda.

Im also damn high on the gaf leaderboard.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
As #28 on the neogang rankings....I would like to ask you bitches to shoot more people. K thx bye.

I agree. =D

5Xv8a.jpg

GIGEb.jpg

Some very poor scores there! :lol

Montresor

I'm near the end of chapter 3 on Old School. I've gotten so much better at this game, and it feels really satisfying. I was bitching about medium difficulty a couple of days ago. Now...

(Chapter 3 spoilers): Now I dive sideways down
the bleachers at the Galatians stadium
for 10+ seconds of bullet time, popping 6 head shots in a row, downing a painkiller mid-flight (old school is teaching me to finally use them manually), and I've only died 2 or 3 times in this entire run.

soultron

Banned
I'm near the end of chapter 3 on Old School. I've gotten so much better at this game, and it feels really satisfying. I was bitching about medium difficulty a couple of days ago. Now...

(Chapter 3 spoilers): Now I dive sideways down
the bleachers at the Galatians stadium
for 10+ seconds of bullet time, popping 6 head shots in a row, downing a painkiller mid-flight (old school is teaching me to finally use them manually), and I've only died 2 or 3 times in this entire run.

When you become better at the game, it really opens up. I love it. It's really making the desire to play the game over and over again stick.

I barely ever replay games but I'm starting my Old School run tonight. Pretty psyched. I'm trying to get all the SP difficulties locked down before I go into Arcade and NYM. (And I definitely want to be in top form for NYMHC.)

soultron

Banned
So is not being able to join a multiplayer game a wide spread problem ?

I don't think it's a widespread problem. I think the occasional hardlock is more of a problem, in my experience.

I have my NAT set to strict on 360 and I've never had a problem joining a game. Perhaps you can provide us with some details? Region, platform, NAT settings?

Hixx

He's 2/3s the way through the game. If I'm not enjoying a game by that time, I usually just quit. There are too many games and not enough hours in a day to play something you don't enjoy, in my opinion. Set pieces or not.

Ah yeah I misread, thought he said chapter 4.

Gen X

I can't even seem to connect to the multiplayer at the moment. I just get some sort of Alert pop up even though it seems PSN itself is working.

Montresor

I showed my brother the intro cutscene for Chapter 4. Dat profanity. We were both laughing our asses off. God I love how they portrayed the
jersey gangsters
, haha.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Hmmmm...ran into my first game where someone who was leveled in the mid twenties had some gun that was one shotting me from range in the arm. Once in the hand. :(

Sethos

Banned
So PC group name suggestions so far;

McGAFery's Gang
The Master Race Of Payne
NeoGangPC ( Something like that, the current crew name with a PC somewhere )

My suggestion: PC GAF with a Motto of something like "Always politically correct", just to play on the PC tag. It's stupid :p

More suggestions / votes.

So PC group name suggestions so far;

McGAFery's Gang
The Master Race Of Payne
NeoGangPC ( Something like that, the current crew name with a PC somewhere )

My suggestion: PC GAF with a Motto of something like "Always politically correct", just to play on the PC tag. It's stupid :p

More suggestions / votes.

NeoGAF's Own PC Crew

Motto: "Give me KB/M or give me death!"

Failing that, a vote for "McGAFery's Gang".

iNvid02

gta v will use crews so best to keep it related to gaf in general and not just one game like max payne

rockstar will prolly put crews in most games going forward, it will be easier to get it right now

Sethos

Banned
gta v will use crews so best to keep it related to gaf in general and not just one game like max payne

rockstar will prolly put crews in most games going forward, it will be easier to get it right now

Don't see the big pull staying in a multi-platform crew meaning you have much less of a chance and incentive to team up with people from the crew, just because a game that's far from release uses these crews. Not like we can't just join the appropriate crews when that time comes =D

iNvid02

hopefully that support guy did actually forward it onto the social club team so we can have one big'un

i think if they check out gaf, it looks big/pro enough to warrant an increased member limit like ign or g4tv

KalBalboa

Banned
I just discovered that I could play as older versions of Max Payne in the Arcade mode.

Imagine the look on my face to see the Sam Lake squinty-eyed Max gunning down kidnappers and exchanging words with NPCs.

Montresor

I'm now up to Chapter 6 on Old School.

The
long docks section with no checkpoint
in Chapter 5 was fucking hard. First time in this playthrough that I got my ass thoroughly kicked.

Is McCaffrey married to anyone famous/sexy? He's a babe. Imagine the alcohol-soaked dirty talk.

EDIT: MY GOD. He played the lead in Viper?! A cop show centred around a Dodge Viper. Brilliant. Love that car.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Sorry if this has already been talked about, but has anyone run into the problem where the game doesn't have its usual smooth cut scene to gameplay and the screen goes black, then kicks you to the dashboard. (Xbox)
Late on the reply here, but this happened to me at the start of Chapter 6 (only the first time I loaded it up, though).

Just picked this up on PS3. Intrigued so far but not enthralled with it like I was with RDR. Still trying to figure out the best way to play, mix up shooting with bullet-time.

The first few chapters are tutorial-esque so I'm sure it gets better. Can you melee, if so how? And how the hell do you crouch? The controls menu says to use X and I do but it seems to only work when I press X and up on left stick together? Seems very inconsistent. Starting to bother me.

Can't you just press L3 to crouch? I thought the shoot button is also melee (I had it mapped on R1), I found RDR shooting more fun, this felt kind of all over the place with the last man standing thing and too many cut-ins showing guys getting shot, the gunplay lacks that quickness/snappiness. I wish they had decided not to flash words on the screen so much.

Gen X

Wow the MP on PSN is a wasteland

I used to get all my multi games on 360 but with my Gold running out and Sony in a bit of strife I thought I'd support them but yes, the multiplayer is rather dead. You'd be lucky to see 2000 people online spread across all the modes for both Free Aim and n00by Aim. Well, in the peak times I've been on, but I am not sure if it is showing only Aussie/NZ players. I doubt it, games don't get that popular down here. ;)

george_us

What the fuck.

I'm at the part where
you have to escape the building you just C4'd and it just randomly collapses every fucking time.
Is this a secretly timed mission? This shit is infuriating.

I agree. =D

5Xv8a.jpg

GIGEb.jpg

Some very poor scores there! :lol

lmao I've played one match. I'm going to actually get off there so somebody can take my spot. I'm too wrapped up in the single player.

So yeah MulletParade won't be hurting our stats anymore.

edit: There's now a spot up for grabs.

Dizzle24

Gave MP a 2nd try... Holy shit. What a blast. Free Aim TDM is great. I'm getting used to the bursts and controls, but something just feels stiff about the running and cover/move from cover..getting stuck on stuff. A LOT.

It's addicting and really fun so far, just hope there's more maps coming, as people keep voting on the same Bus depot map too often.

soultron

Banned
I have seen that many times. I am pretty sure it only looks like that on your screen. When I was talking with people about it on my team they were all telling me different numbers for score, kill and death.

Maybe if you join into a session in progress there's an error that displays your lifetime XP earnings? Certainly is curious.

Top Bottom