• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

So I finally got around to playing more and I'm most of the way through the chapter where you're
on the yacht
. It's getting pretty crazy at this point and I was a bit surprised (and glad) when they
set Marcelo on fire. I was hoping for it ever since the club scene in chapter 2.

Fantastic game.

Nekrono

900mb update?

EDIT:
YESSSS FIXED MY GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

All those calls to R* offices must have put people on the clock on a weekend lmao

What 900MB update? Also, what issue were you having?

I have the Steam version and the game doesn't even start.

What 900MB update? Also, what issue were you having?

I have the Steam version and the game doesn't even start.

Before hand I had a black screen after the initial copyright info upon startup, after the update it went to the title screen, but now my game bugs out at the first mission and I can't continue, the ESC key makes the game freeze for me as well.

Deadbeat

Banned
So ive been playing it for a bit and this game really feels like Man on Fire: Payne™ Edition. Its Max Payne instead of Denzel Washington. Oh and no torture scenes afaik.

Resilient

:( I feel like an ass for nagging like this, but is anybody able to send me a crew invite? The one I had from a while ago isn't 'active' and won't let me join, and people have been leaving all over the place but I still can't get in. Not sure who DGSimo is on GAF otherwise I'd PM. But if anyone could help I'd appreciate it, I play a fair bit of multiplayer and haven't taken the disc out of my Xbox for a while!

woober

The ground reflections really are something else.

iQyku0iDrKSRs.bmp

Q8D3vil

yeah, Rockstar are my new favorite developers.
the 3d in this game is fucking AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

good job rockstar, good fucking job

Card Boy

Banned
- Typical Rockstar game - way more praise than deserved, but I liked it more than RDR or L.A. Noire

I am now more exited, i loved both of those games :)

I still have 4 gig on the download and have being downloading for 3 days now. Funny thing is its downloading 800kb per sec on Sunday, I got 14gig done today off Steam. Other 2 days i was getting pitafull 1BYTE (no joke) to 150KB a second. Rockstar and Valve both butchered the preload. On the plus side i completed Alan Wake from start to finish.

Teknoman

Is there a crew for each platform yet? Because that needs to happen.

I guess people could split, but since the crews work as cross platform, it might just be better to make a second crew altogether.

Anyway, PC version gets about 60fps or so most of the time for me:

BC26A3A79D1E87900DCB5A9CD4EE1676B3DAD1D2

Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2 GHz
4GB ram
Radeon HD 4870 2GB (even though the game thinks I just have 1GB...or I dont know how VRAM works).

Turning off all the slow target and auto aim stuff helped alot with mouse aiming, and the first rifle chopper section was a breeze with a mouse + high framerate.

Consider me ready for GTA V PC version.

Nekrono

Where do we joind the PC crew? I just tried requesting the invite to the Neogaf crew on the OT but it says "request failed".

Hazanko

Banned
Does this game feel like a true Max Payne game, story and gameplay wise? I haven't bought it yet and was disappointed that they took out the graphic novel cutscenes. I'm still unsure if I should get it.

pakkit

Banned
Does this game feel like a true Max Payne game, story and gameplay wise? I haven't bought it yet and was disappointed that they took out the graphic novel cutscenes. I'm still unsure if I should get it.

Depends who you ask, and how you define those two terms. Personally, Max Payne 3 struck all the right chords while cutting out a niche for itself. It's very much Rockstar's interpretation of a storied franchise.

which is better SSAO or HDAO?

HDAO.

Max Payne 3 is best Max. I really enjoyed they way R* interpreted the character. To me, this does feel like a Max Payne game. It's kind of like how both the original Batman movie and Dark Knight are different, but they both feel like Batman.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Sort of? It's lacking a lot of the charm the old games had and the addition of a cover system kills the cool fluid combat of the first 2.

It's a good game, but it doesn't feel much like Max Payne at all.

Fjordson

Gameplay? Yep. Best of the three.

Story? Not really. And by "story" I'm guessing you mean the characters, writing, atmosphere an all that as well. Again, not really. I like where they've gone, but I don't think you'll like it if you're interested in a continuation of what Remedy did with all of the aforementioned aspects.

Nekrono

Applied to both NeoGang and NeoGangPC crews.

We need to get some matches going, haven't played much multiplayer myself but it sure seems a lot of fun.

Card Boy

Banned
The multiplayer takes a shit all over Uncharted 2 and 3s multiplayer. They should call that game Uncharted: Among Nades.

The game runs butter smooth on my 5870 maxed out on DX11. Rockstar did a good job with the game.

Salsa

You know what I like about this game? it's pretty fuckin brutal. It isnt afraid of
brutaly kill major characters in the blink of an eye
or showing off how Max's basically a fuck up who sucks at his job, and how
his old habits and overall fucked up-ness have costed people's lives

It's refreshing.

solarus

You know what I like about this game? it's pretty fuckin brutal. It isnt afraid of
brutaly kill major characters in the blink of an eye
or showing off how Max's basically a fuck up who sucks at his job, and how
his old habits and overall fucked up-ness have costed people's lives

It's refreshing.
Yeah, that's a great aspect of Rockstar games in general.

MMaRsu

The multiplayer takes a shit all over Uncharted 2 and 3s multiplayer. They should call that game Uncharted: Among Nades.

The game runs butter smooth on my 5870 maxed out on DX11. Rockstar did a good job with the game.

It does tak e a shit all over it but there is a ton of stuff that needs fixing and softlock is ruining the free aim community..

Card Boy

Banned
It does tak e a shit all over it but there is a ton of stuff that needs fixing and softlock is ruining the free aim community..

What's the difference between soft lock and free aim? Is there 2 different playlists for each? Or softwlock people bundled with free aim? I'm playing on PC with a 360 pad.

Gui_PT

What's the difference between soft lock and free aim? Is there 2 different playlists for each? Or softwlock people bundled with free aim? I'm playing on PC with a 360 pad.

They're separate playlists.

Soft lock is for people who are too lazy to aim

dsk1210

They're separate playlists.

Soft lock is for people who are too lazy to aim

I think this will become more prominent in the future, there a lot of people who like to chill out at the TV with the pc using a controller, myself included, if i am going to try to be competitive then I use a combo of controller in my left hand and mouse in my right hand, been playing that way for years.

MMaRsu

They are seperate playlists and 90% of people playing multi are playing with softlock on.

G_Berry

Banned
LOL! the Max Payne movie is on TV right now if there are any Aussies in this thread.

What an abomination. I heard it was shit but wow, it really is fucking shit!!!

What a total waste.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I don't know why but I like softlock (360). I hate free aim in Rockstar games, the scale makes targets much too small for my liking. Softlock evens up the odds.

Card Boy

Banned
LOL! the Max Payne movie is on TV right now if there are any Aussies in this thread.

What a total waste.

Now you tell me when it's almost finished lol

*Goes back to watching Castle*

Sidzed2

What a total waste.

I watched a couple of minutes before wanting to kill myself. Back to my old school playthrough.

Top Bottom